Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

fascinating - the situation in California is straight out of a fascist 1984 nightmare - smart is dumb and Legalization is Prohibition!!! California’s law was written to kill off Prop. 215 and all the Mom & Pop businesses & medical co-ops who provided cannabis for the last 20 years:

With far fewer dispensaries operating today than there were prior to legalization, customers may be turning to alternative sources for cannabis.

1 Like

Then, there should be no ‘real’ problem passing it right now with one of those big showy Trump presidential menu’s, that he signs all the time like autographs for the minions. Should not have to wait for a carrot, we have been getting the strap for long enough!

regards,

mike28086

1 Like

Wow, maybe…we will see.
Cultivation of 6 plants…

3 Likes

Pharma’s hold is still strong over New Hampshire’s Senate and the governor’s an extremist “thanks Dad” oligarch - looks like years before weed is legal - at least the truth is being spoken out in the open, that’s an improvement over the past 80 years;

https://www.vnews.com/New-Hampshire-gives-initial-approval-to-recreational-pot-23796877

“I don’t share my colleagues’ concern about cannabis. … I know we are dealing with the opioid epidemic but this is not that — not even close,” Democratic Rep. William Pearson said. “Rather, I would compare cannabis to coffee or sugar.”

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Marijuana-legalization-effort-moves-forward-23789028

And speaking on the bill he’s been pushing for years, Cushing, a Hampton Democrat, pointed to the past.

“It wasn’t until 1934 that marijuana and cannabis was outlawed, and we’ve been dealing with what I think is a failed war on cannabis and I think it’s time to bring that to an end,” Cushing said.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

Another definite maybe.

1 Like

He says he has never smoked ganja.
Hmmm.

Dubious I am.

2 Likes

Sounds like he has his heart in the right place @Calyxander . But I trust a politician like I trust wolf not to bite me.

2 Likes

Tiny Massachusetts town could sell closed elementary school to marijuana grower

2 Likes

(Sorry if I got the wrong thread category)

younger CA comm’l grower & ole man Mel. great chat.

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Indeed.
But, even for a politician, I find him to be too oleaginous.

2 Likes

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/spike-jonze-directs-short-film-203056685.html

2 Likes

You think he has ties to cannabis industry?

1 Like

I just learned 2 new words! oleaginous and unctuous! slimy/sleazy…both apply to politicians :smile:

3 Likes

There may be some hope yet.

2 Likes

Center for Science in the Public Interest?

Not quite a fount of objective scientific “knowledge”.
IMO, of course.

3 Likes

Reads like a hit piece.

1 Like

WBUR here in Mass. is very Prohibitionist, something we learned over the last couple years.

What do you expect - it’s funded by our facsist government that is owned by Pharma. Pharma and medical specialty industry is VERY strong here in Mass - the largest employer is Partners (Hospitals/providers) and the biggest company is Biogen (drug development)

2 Likes