Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Can’t use just CBD, we have to use the Drug based on CBD. Another crock of manure for public consumption.

"First, researchers utilized all of the dosage and safety recommendations from a CBD-based drug known as Epidiolex. If this name sounds familiar, it should. Last year, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved it as a treatment for certain kinds of childhood epilepsy. It was a development that marked the first time in history that a cannabis-based medicine was approved for nationwide distribution in the United States. "

4 Likes

from NYT opinion piece
“The risk that marijuana use poses to adolescents today is far greater than it was 20 or 30 years ago, because the marijuana grown now is much more potent.”

Hashish has existed since time out of mind.
This inflammatory propaganda conveniently neglects to mention this fact.
Unfortunately, many people are hoodwinked by this type of shallow, specious argument.

But, but, the children!

Another invocation of the poor children…oh no…

6 Likes

I’m not well versed in medicine or how ‘Mouse Equivalent Doses’ are calculated, but 2500mg/kg is equal to a 200lb person eating a half a pound of cbd in one sitting…

4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Big surprise…nope.

3 Likes

I don’t know how often I have read this lately. I consider it one of the last desperate bullshit claims in the light of legal changes worldwide. It’s not our fault those people apparently had a shitty weed supply back then.

Even if it were true, I don’t understand the argument at all. If I use something stronger than before, I’ll use less to get as high as I like it. Isn’t that obvious?

There are alcoholic beverages with different amounts of alcohol too. If I usually drink one liter of beer after work, would that make me drink one liter of vodka when it’s available?

6 Likes

https://merryjane.com/news/nevada-bans-employment-discrimination-against-cannabis-consumers?fbclid=IwAR10TNRovl2hD-BLpET_Xo4Um7uKPWpFGl5IGCcvANoapiHGPiWsCVkgB50

7 Likes

@Tinytuttle

3 Likes
4 Likes

Okay I have to start actually being the crazy person and actually saying these things out loud. I called it. Wasn’t a hard call though. Considering how it spread across the world that Early really had a few options.

1 Like

As TFTP has previously reported, Burning Man has long been the target of government agencies despite not causing problems. The very idea of party-goers peacefully celebrating at an event for days on end is the antithesis of the establishment and the frequent attacks on the festivities highlights this.

https://www.rgj.com/story/life/arts/burning-man/2019/04/09/burning-man-blm-hear-opinions-rural-nevadans/3415956002/

4 Likes

But the children…

3 Likes
2 Likes

Illinois and VT only have partial legalization

1 Like

CBD bad for your liver?? mice were given the allometric equivalent dose as 20mg/kg in humans, and 75% of mice were dead within 3 or 4 days from liver failure … they used the 20mg/kg dose because it was the maximum recommended maintenance dose for Epidiolex, the only FDA approved CBD based medicine, tho the mice were given real CBD… apparently hepatocellular injury is also the first warning listed in epidiolex’s package insert… linked is the article and the medical study

here’s the caveat tho, apparently the ‘allometric equivalent’ of 20mg/kg for humans is 615mg/kg in mice … i think the concept of allometric equivalence may just be flawed, and humans would probably also show toxicity at 615mg/kg lmao but i am not a scientist and i guess it has some history of accuracy ?

6 Likes

Hell yeah, even that 615mg/kg is almost a QP of pure cbd in one sitting in a 200lb adult. What plant extract is safe in those quantities?
Conversely, their human equivalent of 20mg/kg means a 240lb adult would start to have liver failure with 2g of pure CBD in one sitting? GTFO I call bullshit.

3 Likes

i got ~2 ounces (200/2.2*0.615=55.91 grams) - but after reading the actual medical study instead of the news article, i found this

For acute toxicity studies, a dose of 246 mg/kg was chosen as an initial dose as this is a MED analogous to those used in recent clinical trials (MED of 20 mg/kg CBD)

so the toxicity was only seen in a mouse-equivalent dose (MED) of 50mg/kg, 2.5 higher than the 20mg/kg the article stated - at that dosage (246mg/kg in mice) no toxicity was seen after 10 days

1 Like

hmm. been drinking so my math may be off. I did 453g/1000g*240lb=108.7g

The more I look at the algorithm the worse it looks :joy::joy::joy:

https://amp.kansascity.com/news/article231859898.html?fbclid=IwAR2k2PO7XUCK9b4vrTkXdJzf5vLv06jqTowa-RuahX4T0wgWEEWa2whZvUI

2 Likes