Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Another example of cannabis entering the cultural mainstream.
Good stuff!

AssociatedPress

The Art of Gifting Marijuana

Duration: 01:02 8 hrs ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/watch/the-art-of-gifting-marijuana/vp-BBH9btu

2 Likes

Even though these black market farmers wreak havoc on the environment, this drug warrior is a little overzealous.
Until prices/taxes decline on legal weed, this type of growing will never stop.

4 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2017/12/22/an-elderly-couples-festive-explanation-for-having-60-pounds-of-marijuana-christmas/

Must have been a really tough SWAT operation!

3 Likes

That link paywalled me

1 Like

Washington Post, grubbing for money again.

Like Jeff Bezos doesn’t have enough!

Sorry about that.

99%

2 Likes

The elderly couple article worked for me.

2 Likes

me as well, i don’t think my adblocker is turned on either, maybe my canadian IP has something to do with it - or you have read too many free WP articles :wink:

edit: yup it said this at top of screen “We’re glad you’re enjoying The Washington Post. You’re almost out of free articles for this month. Already a subscriber? Sign in” i haven’t read any WP articles though so don’t judge me, i’m using a popular VPN

2 Likes

I saw that story a couple of days ago…made me LOL…a couple of geezers with 60 pounds of weed!

I have the same problem with the Washington Post…I have read my limit this month.

Here is the story:

3 Likes

great idea, get the 80-year-olds in prison at the cost of $50,000 per year. The middle part of this country is frightening.

6 Likes

well, at least the taxpayers can take comfort in knowing they probably won’t live more than a couple years

they better not even get jail time, they should get their weed back too, and continue on their merry way of delivering presents. true modern day mr and mrs claus!

4 Likes

This device can determine if drivers are
“more than likely impaired”.

Accurate?
Hmmm?

2 Likes

Oakland isn’t interested in facts when locking you in a cage, a maybe is good enough. How many decades have people been smoking and driving? Being sleepy is more dangerous than being legally drunk and cannabis is proven safer than both. All these facts are known and ignored so a ticket system can be enforced to funnel more money into government so it can be siphoned up by the politicians to fund their royal lifestyle. It is tough being at the bottom with all the undesireables.

5 Likes

of course no one cares about facts, that’s why celebrities get elected to office instead of scientists or engineers

5 Likes

Excerpt from article:

Q: What should I do if I get too high?

A: You can avoid this by talking about consumption amounts with your budtender. Start out with just one puff and see how it affects you.

Does anyone really need a “budtender”" to understand this?
Wow.
Color me skeptical as to the very nature and purported benefits of any “budtender”.
Lol.

Here is another hilarious quote:

“But budtenders typically know more about weed than bartenders know about booze.”
Hahahaha.

I thought this was a very silly article.
Judge for yourselves below.

Full article:

http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/california-weed/article191547304.html

6 Likes

I do solemnly swear, I have never uttered this question.

2 Likes

I would love it if it were a prerequisite that all politicians have a Master’s Degree in World History!

5 Likes

We are all going to get a better look at things.

Hmm.

3 Likes

I’d be happy if ours could form a complete sentence!

4 Likes

Seems there is implication of something bad without correlation.

“The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommends that pregnant women and women contemplating pregnancy be screened for and discouraged from using marijuana and other substances.”
This is scary, if a woman even thinks about getting pregnant the author thinks drug tests should be administered.

4 Likes

It will be a while before the stigma is out of the way, to be sure.

1 Like