Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Salutations,

While reading the last few articles it felt quite like a reminder of Joy Davies who got instrumentalized by Trudeau’s Liberals (dead link @ https:// joydavies.liberal.ca/) in 2015, first to seduce “stoner$”/“droÿé$” since she clearly was an “advocate”:

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/cms/binary/11354326.jpg?size=640x420
[ www.vancouversun.com/health/surrey+liberal+quits+over+marijuana+advocacy/11354264/story.html ]
VC: Surrey Liberal quits over marijuana advocacy (2015-Sep-10)

« …mothers who used it during pregnancy… »
« Switching from prescription drugs to weed paid off, she said. »

[ www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/09/09/joy-davies-marijuana-pot-trudeau-south-surrey_n_8114066.html ]
HP: Joy Davies, B.C. Liberal Candidate, Defends Past Remarks On Pot (2015-Sep-9)

« “Cannabis is not my campaign, but I understand the controversy, and I understand my riding as well and I just want to let people realize [that this] is about dignity. Governments need to allow us our dignity as human beings,” she said. »

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-0/p600x600/920320_10151374310487864_1269436852_o.jpg?oh=01cbead65064659411a4149fba0a82e7&oe=5AB799A4
[ www.facebook.com/joydavieswhiterock/posts/379006132215034 ]

« Here is a link to Mom’s and Dad’s for marijuana website. Such an important message to share. There is NO HARM in our children being in a home where cannabis is growing. The fact that law enforcement and government rip children out of the arms of their parents that grow pot is the HARM. This MUST STOP!!! Did you know that a Canadian 10 year old boy visiting his step dad in Oregon was kidnapped by the Oregon government and place in Oregon foster homes for 2 years because his Canadian mom was a pot activist. Once they finally returned him… NO THANKS to our Canadian Conservative Harper government who did not bring him home… the State of Oregon billed the mom $30,000 for taking care of her son. HELLOO??? How do we stop the disconnect??? dads4marijuana.webs.com/ » {2013-Apr-21}

[ twitter.com/VoteJoyDavies ]

In the end Joy Davies was conveniently rejected (much like a used preservative…) simply to please those who voted Harper before…

Not to mention the electoral situation that prevaled judging from this CTV poll:

[ www.ctvnews.ca/politics/election/nanos-polls ]
CTV: NANOS TRACKING Final release, Oct. 18, 2015, 10 PM

M’well… Most certainly convenient, if not also strategically beneficial anyway!

Although the journalists all seem to forget to provide a link to the scientific article Joy Davies once refered to here’s another about the effects on young brains which i figure she could have used herself just as well:

[ www.nature.com/articles/srep16921 ]
Nature: Prenatal exposure to recreational drugs affects global motion perception in preschool children (2016-Nov-9)

« …global motion perception was improved… »
« …marijuana reduced the negative effect of alcohol exposure… »

A classic i keep re-posting once in a while besides the US cannabinoïd patent (www.google.ca/patents/US6630507) item, etc…

And by “young” we mean really really young, that is - even before being born actually…

But this is too much of a sensitive (taboo) issue to be communicated by today’s mass-mediatic press looking for flash events assorted with striking titles. So it’s no wonder she didn’t survive the political environment.

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

5 Likes

Submitted without comment😎

FWIW

2 Likes

this sucks - the state govt. of Alaska is posting detailed plans of every dispensary on public websites for robbers to download:

3 Likes

you mean plans like blueprints? i think those are generally public record. they seem to be listing more details than necessary but i also think these things usually aren’t random. perp is probably known to the owner or an employee. hopefully he won’t replace his door with more glass. sounds like they left some DNA tho, hopefully they’ll get em

4 Likes

Like most markets, things are going to split up based on target demographics… large producers will certainly have an advantage for cheap weed and any capital-heavy processed products (extracts, vapes, and so on). Smaller growers will find their niche in the high-end flower market with a focus on quality over quantity, but that’s hard work – not a gold mine. As the article says, the Vashion Island grower is selling at twice the average wholesale price, and that’s because there’s going to be a market for Organic, Small-Batch, Artisanal Buds.

It’ll be nice to have a local weed shoppe to try strains I have no interest in growing, but I fully expect that my own buds will put most of what they sell to shame :grin:

1 Like

this poor guy was attacked by bandits that stole his car and load of dried flowers:

http://www.providencejournal.com/news/20171228/police-stop-special-delivery-112-pounds-of-marijuana

4 Likes

if you ask me washington got what it deserved, trying to charge 35$ a gram to begin with? retards
cannabis legalization was never intended to be a boon for small business, it’s a way for governments and big business to profit off of former second class citizens/criminals.

@oranje over in canada though, the huge businesses are the ones charging 10-20 a gram (straight from producer) with a production cost of much under $2 a gram. black market producers and dispensaries are the ones charging $2-$7 a gram. the huge corporations have lower production cost maybe, but they also have investors and greed to think about. small growers/black market will always be cheaper and better quality too. or i expect anyways.

I actually prefer this type of “Wild West” marketplace to the alternatives brought to us by Governmental over regulation.

Here is a succinct excerpt from piece which sums up my sentiment:

“At the same time, the path the city has reluctantly forged has kept it relatively free of corporate marijuana players, who have an outsize role in influencing marijuana rules in the states that have regulated pot sales. The entrepreneurs thriving in DC are all small operators, and they are a diverse group.”

5 Likes

Washington wasn’t charging that. Shops operating in the state were. It’s an open market so prices are dictated by supply and demand not set by a governing body. From the graph the wholesale price dropped very quickly after legalization and has continued to fall since. The retail price as well. There was a lot of profiteering in the beginning due to high demand as you can see from the huge difference between the retail and wholesale prices.

3 Likes

yeah when i said ‘washington’ i didn’t mean the state i meant the industry there. i’m aware the prices aren’t set by the government but the dispensaries selling it were much too greedy. the huge difference in wholesale and retail price practically screams for a correction and it happened. i have a hard time believing they were ever even getting $10 a gram wholesale

the only reason the industry was so profitable during prohibition is because of the risks involved. remove the risk with legalization and the high prices are no longer justifiable. i think too many governments and businesses are overestimating future profits and markets. marijuana is cheap to produce. and easy. everyone hears legalization so a thousand people start a weed business then all of a sudden theres a huge surplus and the price plummets closer to where it should be.

apparently there’s something like a million pounds in oregon and dispensaries are wanting it for 300$ a pound.

1 Like

What a bass-ackwards state!
The good ol’ boys in Tallahassee have throughly messed up MMJ.
I doubt recreational will ever be implemented in the foreseeable future.

Oh well.

Recreational marijuana in Florida likely on hold for years

FRANK GLUCK | FGLUCK@NEWS-PRESS.COM
7:30 am EST January 2, 2018

https://amp.naplesnews.com/amp/995146001

3 Likes

Ol’ Mike is trying to cash in…
We will see how this plays out.
The forthcoming further decline in prices will be a sight to behold.

Mike Tyson is opening a 40-acre marijuana farm in California

KATE FELDMAN JAN 2, 2018 6:01 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/entertainment/mike-tyson-opening-40-acre-marijuana-farm-california-article-1.3734002

3 Likes

BC, Canada.

5 Likes

The courts are way out ahead of the politicians here in Mass too.

3 Likes

…“cruel and unusual punishment.” :peace: :v:

3 Likes

Well, it appears that the legal genius Jeffy Sessions is about to perpetrate an injustice in the name of justice.

Wow, what a jerk!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/01/04/justice-department-crack-down-legal-marijuana-roll-back-obama-policy/1003183001/

4 Likes

And when they bust up a medical business, the political outfall will be the end of the line for these Pharma purchased puppets.

It really bothers me that my tax dollars also pay this fool.

99%

3 Likes

Yes, I agree.
I think little Jeffy has bitten off way more than he can chew.
The backlash will be quite severe.

2 Likes

The Trump administration seems like it’s unraveling. I’m hoping Sessions is in jail before this can go too far…

2 Likes