Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

i find stuff like this extremely misleading. CBD made from industrial hemp is considered a dietary supplement by the FDA and iirc is legal in every state. charlottes web is practically just industrial hemp, i believe it comes in under the THC limits

there’s already been precedent set in canada they need more than just cannabis use to prove impairment, although i guess that’s the purpose of setting a ‘limit’ - you aren’t prosecuted for being impaired you’re prosecuted for passing their threshold

2 Likes

This is why researchers need to develop a better understanding of the effects of not only THC, but also the more than 500 other compounds found in marijuana, the paper said.

10,000 years of cannabis and they still need a “better understanding”? In other words, they’ll be given some more funding and told to press on until they find something, anything, harmful about canabis and a reason to persecute us.

Cannabis drivers are still dangerous - they weave within their lanes! WTF is that…complete nonsense. That black bar below is my extended middle finger toward these bullshit “scientists”!!

6 Likes

I wonder how cell phones stack up against these various drugs?

99%

4 Likes

supposedly using a cell phone is equal to the risk from alcohol DUI, so add another long black bar to the list

3 Likes

We may see some real traction with this House Bill.

Justice.

5 Likes

powerful narcotic? even back then, Pharma was lying about cannabis! :smile:

3 Likes

Salutations MuleSkinner,

An understatement if we dig far enough! :pensive:

In Québec the legalized vilification of “Indian Hemp” was initiated while Canada still belonged to the British Empire as one of it’s dominions. The official reference dates back to a law book printed in 1890, if i’m not mistaking, though i was under the impression that the legal article itself was actually corresponding to a 1885 revision. Here’s the ancestor of all bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist “schedules” anyway, consider it a prototype that paved the way for many more to follow:

L’Acte de pharmacie de Québec de 1885 - 53 Vict (1890) - Chapitre 46 (137328)

N.B.: “Indian Hemp” = “Chanvre Indien”

Take note that “Indian Hemp” was classified as “Poison” besides Arsenic and Cyanure.

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

6 Likes

This guarantees a flourishing black market.

Hmmm?
I wonder?

From article:
“The hefty taxes are also drawing complaints from some business owners and policy analysts who argue that the tariffs will keep the state’s massive black market for marijuana alive and well”

Duhhhh!

High taxes spark sticker shock for marijuana customers in California
The Cannifornian
PUBLISHED: January 26, 2018 at 1:05 pm

3 Likes

so $450 an ounce for weed in Los Angeles? Not going to have many customers at that price.

2 Likes

That’s the truth.
And the $450 is before tax.
Yikes!

Excerpt:
His pre-tax tab came to $450. After taxes, the final bill was $587.25.

1 Like

wait a sec - my math is WAY off! It was $50-60 per 3.5 grams, 55/3.5 = $16 X 28.4 = $450 per ounce, PLUS 31% tax would be $595 per ounce!!! Wow. I would buy one gram for the thrill of it and leave.

4 Likes

What?

Can’t imagine what they are thinking.

These folks really need to get high!

99%

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’m beginning to believe there is more integrity in the “black market”
OVERGROW!

8 Likes

We have been screaming this for YEARS! A city does a study and look, what a surprise, it is true. The issue with cannabis can be cleared up with the swipe of a pen. What do we do with all the bigoted, racist cops and city officials that watched it happen day after day and did nothing.

3 Likes

I think the big legal push for weed in most states is more about tax revenue than change of personal opinions on cannabis by elected officials. I got an email to go sign a petition for legal cannabis in Alabama. I just laughed and laughed and no way I want my name on that list at this point. Afterall, my state gave us all Jeff Session and the Iyattolla Roy Moore. I apologize for that, but I never voted for him for senate. Bible thumpers abound here.

4 Likes

How much of this is a fight for control, holding the status quo. A lot of older officials have said cannabis will never be legal why they are alive. After you say something like that you have no choice but to fight or have your ego crushed. How many of these dandies in office could stand for their HUGE ego’s to be crushed. I don’t think many.

3 Likes

Remarkable contrast to the 1960’s and '70s.
How times have changed!

4 Likes

Didn’t Vincent Fox legalize it once and Bush talked him out of it by funding the start of their major drug war?

2 Likes

Mexico first decriminalized reefer in 2009.
Bush and Fox were both out of office by then.

I think that the peak stupidity of the drug war began in the 1970’s with the spraying of paraquat on innocent cannabis plants in Mexico!

“On 21 August 2009, Mexico decriminalized “personal use” possession of up to five grams of cannabis.[10]”

2 Likes