Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Looks like this “regulated” industry may never get off the ground…meet the Uber of weed - point-to-point MJ commerce

https://listings.harvestplug.com

4 Likes

Democrat Miles Turns Leaf, Supports Marijuana

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/michigan/articles/2018-03-07/in-shift-democrat-miles-supports-marijuana-legalization

2 Likes

:+1:

New Cannabis Wire News Site Gets in the Weeds of Marijuana Legalization

2 Likes

“Marijuana will be legal within my first 100 days in office”…looks like a few more years before any state govt’s join Vermont in legalizing - I think it could be a lot longer than we think, RI, NJ, NH aren’t even close - we need a win in Michigan this November:

3 Likes

Sadly, very predictable. The issue is mired in political squabbling.

Freedom is quite elusive.

Shameful.

1 Like

“Politicians are not known as a courageous bunch

What is courageous about enacting the will of the people? I wonder how many people understand the role our government is supposed to play in our lives. We need to think way differently about our law makers.

2 Likes

Freedom is expensive, especially with idiots like this charged with making decisions.

3 Likes

I love these moments when the grand lie of the US 2-party system reveals itself.

These Dems just ran on a platform of “Chris Christie is an asshole, and we’re going to legalize weed” and then as soon as Christie’s out and they’re in total control they continue the exact same MJ policy as Christie.

“not courageous” they’re more like servile whores to the Pharma industry of which New Jersey is home to many corporate headquarters.

6 Likes

Remember this guy???

3 Likes

Trim jail can be more than simply tedious.

4 Likes

Well, Florida will not have this problem anytime soon.

4 Likes

Ha! Ha! Anything negative, aye Caly. :grin:

3 Likes

Whenever I read a story like this, I wince at the thought that this could actually happen to me.

3 Likes

Out of these 439 pharmaceutical companies in Alabama, how many do you think want people growing their own cannabis? Who do you think the government is actually worried about? I hope citizens in Alabama are taking notice.

https://www.manta.com/mb_43_D2_01/pharmaceuticals/alabama

2 Likes

Yessir! Now with manipulated video technology we can’t be sure the monkeys are truly “the monkeys.” :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Happens in Texas regularly without news coverage. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

It’s like all the fundamental principles of the Bill of Rights in the US Constitution are being systematically removed since the Nixon adminstration in the early 70’s.

So much for Double Jeopardy. Nowadays if they can’t find jurors to convict you the first time they’ll just keep trying. Usually the prosecutors just screen out all the prospective jurors who disagree with the drug laws.

That is the takeaway here, if you’re ever on a jury pool, stay quiet during jury selection, don’t say a fuckin word and get yourself on the jury.

8 Likes

Absolutely brother. Rise up in the noise and speak truth to power! Jah!

4 Likes

Even the actions of that one juror will have a big effect - prosecutors will think twice before trying indicting people for cannabis. Up here in Mass. and New England it’s already happening, this is a big reason why the gray market is thriving.

Prosecutors know it will be an uphill battle to get a local jury to take a man who’s supporting his family with cannabis gardening and/or delivery service and send him to prison. We just voted to legalize. In New Hampshire I’ve also read of a few cases where juries hung or acquitted because they didn’t think MJ should be illegal.

2 Likes

Salutations OleSkool830,

M’well, today would be most appropriate:

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

3 Likes