Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Excellent! Michigan got the same clause as Mass - 12 plant limit but unlimited home possession - note the wonderful words “and any” in just the right place:

(b) within the person’s residence, possessing, storing, and processing not more than 10 ounces of marihuana and any marihuana produced by marihuana plants cultivated on the premises and cultivating not more than 12 marihuana plants for personal use,

4 Likes

Sessions is a dick! This makes me breath a little easier. @MadScientist I won’t be needing to head south for a little longer. Ha! Ha!

3 Likes

I did not know this :grin: The 12 plants/household limit is still pretty restrictive, especially if you’re growing regular beans and hunting for new favorites. That said, it’s nice to know I don’t have to push free weed on my friends as aggressively as I have been.

Once the retail market gets up and going – hopefully including seeds and clones – I’ll be better with the 12 plant limit.

3 Likes

it’s funny, I would say that every person I know that is growing has more than 12 plants! The limit doesn’t seem to matter much. It’s hard to see a problem with having more seedlings to make selections.

There is also a clause in the Mass. law that abolishes possession and plant limits once interstate commerce in cannabis is allowed by the feds. That day will come eventually.

6 Likes

I would have been honored to have you. Cheers!

3 Likes

You are too kind. :relaxed:

1 Like

This is a nice problem to have.

ETA: this companion piece. Although I sorta doubt there are very many seeds in the surplus crops?

3 Likes

They should send it to Las Vegas… LOL

4 Likes

I know, that’s the first thing I thought of when I read the article.! Hahaha😄

2 Likes

This is an outstanding guide for “how to” assist legalization efforts in your backwards state.

Most excellent :smile::+1::clap:t2:

2 Likes

Interesting perspective.

https://amp.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2017/07/28/459257.htm

4 Likes

Quote from above.
People with high levels of conscientiousness are more likely to follow the law, even if the laws against marijuana use are not as thoroughly justified as those limiting opiates or stimulants.

So if someone disobeys unfair laws, they are unfit to hire, careless, and deserve to starve and go homeless. Compassion and reason is a dwindling emotion in our society.

3 Likes

Wow, simply wow!

3 Likes

It’s like selling dime bags of oregano, but for adults! And with guns!

Hilarious headline aside, it’s disappointing when things like this happen post-legalization. The anti-legalization crowd gets to use things like this as ammunition in the drug war, despite the overwhelming majority of people staying within the bounds of the law.

3 Likes

We called them Dummy Bags…

4 Likes

Yes, you are right.
The adversaries of legalizing cannabis spin stores like this to advance their wrong headed agenda. They fallaciouslly blame the weed instead of the bad guys.
The miscreants in the story were not induced to engage in criminal behavior because of marijuana! They would be crooks with or without reefer.

1 Like

Hilarious! :wink:

I wonder what motivation did buyers have to choose street dealers… wholesale prices?

3 Likes

The buyers must have been gullible and very naive…how could they not have smelled the “buds”.
Wow…hahahaha!

1 Like

Hey they just checked consistency, thickness and weight :smiley: :smiley: gooood stuff…

3 Likes

Yea, you could not get away with fooling buyers with oregano these days.
I gues broccoli does feel sort of like buds, although I think it is much more dense and heavy.
PT Barnum comes to mind😄

1 Like