Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Hi again MuleSkinner,

This should be rephrased as follows: You Canuck farmers living outside Québec and maybe a few more provinces (…) are going to be needed to overgrow that monopoly! Provided your electricity company didn’t install logging meters to spot 12/12 schedules.

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

2 Likes

DNA is providing shitloads of clones for shiTweed who will spray it with poisons, irradiate it, over dry/under cure it and ship it out for $12 a gram plus shipping. i really hope the conservatives win the next election and repeal the whole thing and all these idiots betting big on ripping everyone off in the rec market go belly up… i’d rather have it illegal than a government monopoly and all this blatant cronyism…

tweed (the biggest canna company) was cofounded by the ex CFO of the (ruling) liberal party. fucking disgusting.

4 Likes

I do not know which state is more woefully mismanaged, TX or FL?

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article210981999.html

5 Likes

I’ve always felt the same way - a bad law is a bad law, always oppose it. I would not be sorry at all to see this bogus legalization stopped. On the other hand the black market is very efficient and usually expands dramatically after “legalization” is passed. So the monopoly may turn out to be not so much of a monopoly after all.

2 Likes

i think the penalties for illegally growing or selling actually get worse in canada after ‘legalization’ - they are going to tyrannically enforce for their cronies. these thugs are acting like a criminal organization. pure mafia! having it remain illegal wouldn’t be bad because the reqs. for medical are so damn low anyone can get their card, free, in a 20min appointment.

3 Likes

great article on New York apartheid

5 Likes

could it be that white people just don’t smoke in public as often? i buy in to the coke vs crack racism, where crack has a much higher penalty than coke by weight, because that’s definiteliy racist. but the surest way to face marijuana charges in NY is the same as anywhere else, get caught with cannabis by police. unless they have evidence of white people constantly getting let off with warnings while black people are being charged i’m just not sure i believe there’s some racist conspiracy there

edit: after reading the article they seem to be completely basing their hypothesis on the fact marijuana complaints to 311/911 were roughly equal in black + nonblack areas but the black areas had much higher rates of cannabis charges, but it’s probably safe to say the majority of cannabis arrests were not the result of marijuana complaints anyways but other police interactions.

as of 5/1/18, the NYPD is 51% white, 27% Hispanic, 15% Black, and 7% Asian, and less than 1% are American Indian.

2 Likes

Canada’s pretty far from New York man - of course whitey smokes weed in public. I grew up in the NYC area. All my (white) friends spent their teens & 20’s walking around NYC smoking herb. When Guiliani came in is when the mass arrests started. Two of my friends got arrested in Central Park for smoking a joint within the first couple of months of Giuliani.

In fact two of my best friends from high school were pulled over on the NY State Thruway smoking a huge joint. The cop smelled the weed and ask them what it was, they said the smell was coming from a closed tin of Skoal Long Cut, and the cop said OK and left them alone. Two white guys with polo golf shirts on. It’s almost impossible to get arrested in the racist USA for weed when you look like this!

1 Like

this is crazy! I’ve gone snorkeling at Folly Cove in Gloucester, Mass many times

2 Likes

i don’t buy it, especially since the nypd is only 50% white. it’s almost impossible to get arrested for cannabis if you only smoke in the privacy of your home.

I am white and have gotten obvious breaks because of it You might not buy it but i have seen it. From Texas to Chicago and up and down the west coast you have an advantage if you are part of the lucky sperm club. White and male is even better. Race and gender isn’t equal from my experiences.

1 Like

i’m not saying slight bias doesn’t exist, but this title “Surest Way to Face Marijuana Charges in New York: Be Black or Hispanic” is complete hyperbole and so far from the truth. the fact remains if you smoke cannabis in public, or carry cannabis on you in public, you are risking arrest. it’s simple. you’d think they’d have learned by now. i’d also be very curious to know what percentage of those charged for marijuana were a first offense.

Cops stop and frisk with no probable cause in New York and it is legal. The people they are frisking are mostly black and brown people. Those are the facts. The people going to jail after seeing the judge are mostly black and brown. If you think white people don’t smoke in public and are safer than that is fine but seems to overlook some of the problems.

2 Likes

Cops arrest minorities at a greater rate, even when the cop is a minority.

(There’s an article about a study on the rate of minorities arrests and use of force by minority officers, I’ll post it if I can find it.)

3 Likes

yes, it’s not just weed either, cannabis is only the tip of the iceberg. They arrest or criminally charge thousands of black & latino people for trespassing, loitering, or blocking the sidewalk, often for standing in front of the housing projects where they live.

Many of the cops are also black or latino, it doesn’t really matter, they need to arrest someone as fodder for the criminal justice machine. It’s not always personal hatred or racism on the part of the cops IMO, it’s a systemic policy from the top down. It’s economic. The prison and policing industry in NY is huge…follow the money.

didn’t mean to sound snarky about Canada, but it’s a different world up there. At least from my many trips to Quebec and Montreal I don’t see the same stuff going on up there.

3 Likes

I have no idea about Canada and have only read and talked to people about New York. Legalcanada seems to like trading info with patience. He has put up with me on several occasions. Besides who knows he might be right and we have our heads in the sand. I have been wrong many times, making mistakes is part of my learning process. Thank you for being evolved @legalcanada. Ha! Ha! :grin:

2 Likes

Stop and frisk was created due to the outcry in poor neighborhoods from folks afraid to walk in their own neighborhood or let their children play outside. Sure it’s a bad policy but it’s not some white man conspiracy to fill the prisons with people of color.

I’m white and never got a break from the police. Actually got arrested for 1 roach that was so small you could not even get a roach clip on it. Then they piled on possession within a 1000’ of school zone. An expensive lawyer got me out of it not my skin color.

My first career choice at 18 yrs. old was law enforcement. I worked as a police officer for 3 years before I decided it was not for me. In my short time I never saw any racist type policing. What I did learn and eventually caused me to bail was that 90% of my co workers were power hungry assholes who got off on fucking with people.

I’m so tired of the false narrative about “white privilege”. It’s nothing more than a tool of division dreamt up by liberals in gated communities.

As a police officer you deal with people at their worst all day everyday and it has an effect. Combined with some a holes the professional attracts this if anything is the problem.

3 Likes

You are an exception unless you assume i am a liar and other people with unequal police enforcement experiences are also liars. I have had friends heads bounce off police hoods in front of me (southern Texas) and there is plenty of footage of brutality also.

2 Likes

Not calling anyone a liar just relaying my first hand experience.

But you can now see how your experiences shaped your beliefs but are not the same as everyone 's experiences.

Stats don’t tell the whole story just like those pushing the white privilege narrative.

3 Likes

:smile: try wearing the Ralph Lauren golf shirt next time! You might be surprised at what happens

1 Like