Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Now there’s a pill that’s supposed to knock it out in 8 weeks. Back when we had it, I’m not sure which was worse. The interferon or the virus. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

For me it was the Interferon. First time I took it, I darn near wished I was dead. Shortly after treatment was over my pancreas shut down and I became diabetic. Second time wasn’t as bad, but 48 weeks of treatment sucked. 8 Weeks? Wow! Pretty soon they’ll have a vaccine to prevent it…

2 Likes

they invented an antibiotic that cures it - only $85,000! “Harvoni” sounds like a pasta dish. I think it’s on sale for $50,000 now

5 Likes

Eeeeew!

3 Likes

Like I said…the elite get treatment. “Ability to pay”
is the qualifier.

1 Like

our houses are made of formaldehyde

2 Likes

http://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/393367-us-watchdog-we-failed-to-stem-afghan-opium-production

US WATCHDOG: ‘WE FAILED’ TO STEM AFGHAN OPIUM PRODUCTION, 6/20/2018

Opium production has soared to records levels inside Afghanistan despite an $8.7 billion American counternarcotics effort in the country designed to stem the flow of poppy crops fueling a global heroin crisis, a top U.S. watchdog official says.

“There’s more opium being grown now than when we started, there’s more heroin being produced than when we started, there’s more heroin being exported, there are more profits from the heroin going to the Taliban and to the other terrorist groups than when we started,” John Sopko, the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR), said on Hill.TV’s “Rising.”

“If you apply all of the tests, we failed.”

2 Likes

local paper going all-in on cannabis!

High History: Watching a cultural shift on marijuana

6 Likes

emerging post-legalization propaganda theme appears to be “you smell bad”. I think it’s great, legalization pisses off all the right, uptight people.

I’m sure the authors’ husbands or partner loves the stinky wine breath she has every night after dinner. No mention of the smells of nightly drinking favored by the NY Times, or the rich mans cigar, etc…

4 Likes

Even in the “shithole” state of Texas! The Republicans have come out in favor of legalization. Even the Evangelical Dominionists are coming around. Freaky! Just ask Alice! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

wasn’t there one Republican legislator who wants to legalize because it’s God’s herb? Sounds good to me

2 Likes

Yes @Muleskinner! The evangelical dominionists say “If god put it here for us, it can’t be illegal” I’m an atheist but, hey, whatever works is good for us! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

it’s OK, it’s just different gods, they like the angry Mideastern man up in the sky, we can choose the sexy female Goddess who loves sex and plants from the pagan days.

if you’re a white person that Goddess was your family’s religion for thousands of years!

3 Likes

Excellent @Muleskinner. May Shiva take a likin’ to you brother! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like
4 Likes

CBD from Pharma for $90,000 per year - OK! CBD from the health food store - not OK! Schedule 1!

6 Likes

That’s the US Govt working hard for you!

3 Likes

yes i’ve seen reports from lots of parents of epileptic children saying they won’t even try epidiolex… that they had to experiment until they found a regimen that worked well for them and they won’t risk changing it… if its not broken, right?

not sure if this was already posted, THC reversed some effects of old-age in mice, showing it may have potential to prevent/treat dementia and alzheimers

https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.4311 (linked study)
http://archive.is/k3CF2

4 Likes
3 Likes

Sounds like organized crime to me.

4 Likes