Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

cannabis Molson? sounds gross to me

this looks like some frustrated bullies, he wasn’t breaking any laws so they just robbed his house:

DEA Raids Green Gorilla in Texas, Takes Legal CBD and $170,000

4 Likes

They could smell the money! :pig_nose:

2 Likes

Surprise, surprise.

NY’s finest.

3 Likes

this is a great article! It’s fascinating to me that NY Times just ignored apartheid for 90 years until about 3 years ago. Now, finally in 2018, they can report on Giuliani’s pogrom against cannabis users from the early 90’s.

They were completely silent on it while it was going on of course. As was 100% of the corporate media on the massive increase in MJ arrests in the 90’s.

3 Likes

Okies!

https://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/marijuana-petition-to-get-state-constitutional-question-on-november-ballot/article_53335773-fd7a-5b30-87b6-35fc020c0eae.html

3 Likes

@99PerCent @Muleskinner @Worcestershire_Farms
:+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Shhh, best kept secret.

Huh??

Even worse, young adult marijuana use in Massachusetts appears to be exploding. Roughly half of residents 18-25 years old reported using marijuana in the past 30 days — far higher than the national usage rate for this same demographic.”

5 Likes

HAHA! Uh-oh, It’s linked on Drudge.
Just curious and totally unrelated, but is property expensive around there? I was thinking of going halvsies on a big industrial grow with my homie @shroomgod :wink: :laughing:

4 Likes

Uh, land is really expensive around these parts.

3 Likes

Well that settles it…

…We’ll have to rent! :wink:

4 Likes

Wish I still had my Centennial, CO house. It’s worth 5+ times what it was when I bought it in 93.

3 Likes

The report, part of a comprehensive assessment of the pros and cons of legalizing marijuana in the Bay State, found that 21 percent of all Massachusetts residents admitted to smoking pot in June 2018.

excellent news, hopefully all the thousands of seeds from Hempseed Collective are taking effect! Don’t worry Hanz, land is cheap in “western Mass” in these hills called “The Berkshires”

so the US and Canada are #1 and 2 in the world, the membership of OG seems to reflect that.

4 Likes

Hempseed Collective you say? Please elaborate.

1 Like

the Johnny Hempseed Collective of course! :smiley: Anyone can join, maybe you’re already a member, there’s only one rule - you can never charge money for seeds.

Here’s a great opportunity for some volunteer activism on a Saturday! The “2018 Maine Lobster Fest” asssholes were mean to this poor girl because she smoked some herb - cannabis is legal in Maine! I"m going to send my feedback to them:

The Portland Press Herald reports one showed Hamlin holding a joint. Another showed her holding a device for vaping.

Maine Lobster Festival:

info@mainelobsterfestival.com

president@mainelobsterfestival.com

vpresident@mainelobsterfestival.com

secretary@mainelobsterfestival.com

Treasurer@mainelobsterfestival.com

media@mainelobsterfestival.com

2 Likes

more…they can’t do this to us!!!

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/08/02/maine-sea-goddess-forced-to-step-down-over-photos-on-social-media/

1 Like

Subject: Taylor Hamlin

Hello - I’m very sorry to read about your decision and treatment of this girl. I am a regular user of cannabis for chronic pain from a failed back surgery and also for social reasons. 15-20% of the population of New England prefers to use cannabis over alcohol and tobacco. You may have noticed we just concluded a 90-year legislative and grassroots campaign to ban discrimination against people that choose to use this herbal medicine.

I live in Massachusetts and I’ve never heard of your festival before but you can be sure I’ll never attend it. I’ve also forwarded the Press Herald and Boston Globe articles on your action through social media and email lists to the entire cannabis activist community of Massachusetts and a couple international websites as well.

I’m not sure what your festival consists of that it must be so hostile to this girl who volunteered to participate. Perhaps this festival is intended for alcohol drinking? I’m no fan of the loud, boorish behavior of alcohol users.

“Let he who is without sin cast the first stone”. Your decision was shameful. I urge you to issue a formal apology to Ms. Hamlin.

5 Likes

Great.

Let’s put this up some cops butt and see what it reads.

2 Likes

wow, that article is as heavily propagandized as you could possibly get…This study was actually the largest and best-controlled one ever in the US - it confirmed that alcohol increases crash risk by 400% - 1200% and cananbis use 0%, and this is how they reported it:

“One survey by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration showed that, while marijuana users are more likely to be involved in crashes, that risk may be in part because of demographics. Pot users are also more likely to be young men, a group already at high risk for car wrecks.”

here is how Jeff Bezos presented the study:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/02/09/stoned-drivers-are-a-lot-safer-than-drunk-ones-new-federal-data-show/

2 Likes

Portland Indo Expo is going on today

3 Likes

Probably a step in the right direction.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/08/06/632469743/how-one-familys-fight-with-epilepsy-led-to-the-first-marijuana-based-pharmaceuti

3 Likes