Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

That same license plate reading technology has been going into all the police cars up here. Don’t even TRY driving past a cop without a valid license plate sticker anymore.

2 Likes

From Cannafest.com organizers:

The very first American edition of the European – American Cannabis Business Conference is coming up this weekend and the program is now on-line! The conference will take place in Los Angeles, October 5th and 6th, 2018.

3 Likes

What’s funny…is we have the same shit but I see cars several years out of date all the time, no plate no problem, it’s all good. In fact, we don’t have police, just state highway patrol & county sheriff, who doesn’t “do” traffic. :rolling_eyes:

And indeed, folks drive it “like they stole it”.

:evergreen_tree: 80% of arrests are on “something” here. :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

Haha, half the cars in Birmingham have dealership drive-off tags, dented and haven’t been washed in a year. :joy:

Just don’t drive in neighborhoods that your car doesn’t fit. :sweat:

4 Likes
4 Likes

Pretty cool stuff, but can we teach that robot to trim?

4 Likes

While not directly cannabis related it has potential and honestly sounds almost exactly like what supersoil and fpj in combo can do. The question is can it grow dense kush like nugs?

3 Likes

this reminds me of my ski-bum buddies who’d go to NYC in the off-season to work as bike messengers

3 Likes

kind of a weird article, they omit any mention of farming with traditional organic techniques - like crop rotation with alfalfa to fix nitrogen, instead of some engineered bacteria or whatever they’re brewing up! From what I understand the dead zones are mostly caused by petroleum-based and synthetic fertilizer runoff.

those Peruvian islands weren’t depleted either, it’s thriving as a source of fertilizer, Seabird guano is a very renewable resource and using it encourages these countries to create more bird sanctuary islands IMO.

5 Likes

It stood out to me as well. Whatever happened to hard work to get around using synthetic shit?
It’s like they intentionally avoided mentioning farming practices that so that very thing and have for I know 1000 years at least and most likely longer. I’m away from home RN and about to see the plants to check on them, so I’ll double check my facts in a minute

2 Likes

they do mention it, but very briefly… and treat it as a “dogma” - wtf?

…then they get into how poplars have bacteria growing inside them…

I can see how industrial farmers would not want to rotate their cash crop out. But that is an artifact of public ownership and greed more so than any other consideration in my opinion. I wouldn’t mind 3 billion fewer people on the planet either, but i guess that ship has sailed a long time ago.

6 Likes

Why is there no Ken Burns documentary on the Guano War of 1881?

4 Likes

i’m thinking of how “the experts” all promoted chemical fertilizer 1-150 years ago, and got us where we are. so now they’ve discovered nature and think they can do better, again. :smile: :rolling_eyes:

smart-ass, over.

i’m all good with bugs doing the job… just not as slaves for Bayer.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I’ve always thought this would make a great pirate ganja farm:

:astonished:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Go flood the island with plants and build it up right under everyone’s nose

4 Likes

Well if that ain’t a kick in the balls…

7 Likes

yeah it’s outrageous, Ohio just banned CBD and now you have to buy from GW Pharma for $50,000 per year - feudal servitude to Pharma!

fixing nitrogen? What about ye olde manure pile? Cow manure, sheepshit, chicken shit, that’s how the farmers in my family were doing it. No need to order the expensive stuff from Peru!

6 Likes

Here, people of Ohio, here’s your CBD oil

5 Likes

How long can this institutionalized greed keep going, seriously? $100 bucks a day, give or take? For $100 a day any of us, from our basements, could probably supply a whole hospital’s demand of CBD…

5 Likes

How high can one get?

https://techcrunch.com/2018/10/03/weed-in-space-is-going-to-be-a-thing-now/

9 Likes