Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

It is inevitable.

Marijuana skeptics fear ‘de facto legalization’ in states

6 Likes

You know you’re reading pure propaganda if the article quotes Kevin Sabet at all! He is the Joseph Goebbels of the War on Drugs.

6 Likes

Florida (especially SoFla) has great weather for growing ganja.
Too bad they cannot honor the will of Floridians.

This is excerpted from piece:

“I think our Legislature, I think our governor, I think they’re lawless. They think they’re above the law. They won’t follow the law. And we’ll see now if this judge can put the fear of the judiciary in them and do what the Constitution says,”

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2018/10/06/judge-sides-with-redner-chastises-florida.html

7 Likes

‘“There’s a marijuana industry making all sorts of medical claims that, if they were pharma companies, they’d probably be jailed,” said Kevin Sabet’

LOL yeah, right m’fer… :laughing: And I’m a weed-smoking sequoia tree!

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

A Fl judge yesterday upheld the law and found the DoH actions unconstitutional. Lets see the next shenanigans they pull.

4 Likes

well, speak of the Devil, here’s a current article on Sabet and his sucking-up to various fascist oligarchs with cash.

In some ways I’m almost glad this Nazi is still around because it’s so satisfying to see them lose badly after burning through millions of dollars. They’re going to take a beating in Michigan’s vote this November.

The Boston Archdiosese of the Catholic Church spent $850,000 against our legalization referendum and lost, they might as well have burned the money.

4 Likes

NIMBY on parade.

4 Likes

I don’t know man, at first I was in favor cannabis farm in Charlton but I’m starting to understand why the neighbors don’t want it. It will be huge and corporate. The state has made impossible for small farmers like the guy selling his land to operate. Ideally a small family farm would grow a summer crop and a minimal greenhouse in winter on this land…not going to happen.

This thing needs its own propane power plant? That’s crazy.

5 Likes

It’s so corporate down here it’s disgusting…plus their products are ameteur hour grade at best. All of this stuff has been the exact opposite of what i thought it would be and the way i thought it would all progress. I’m sad to see the little guy, aka myself, getting screwed, plus im not even allowed to pursue it as a business venture…

4 Likes

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

You are absolutely correct.
Government meddling (aka regulations “necessary” to protect taxpayers) is largely responsible for perverting the market.

And the real downside for consumers is that these gigantic growing operations will probably produce an inferior product relative to Mom and Pop artisanal growers.

Tomfoolery supported by taxpayers!
So…
Overgrow y’all!

7 Likes

overgrow in progress!

http://www.pressherald.com/2018/10/06/seed-vendors-take-root-at-annual-maine-cannabis-convention/

Seed vendors take root at annual Maine Cannabis Convention

The number of people who want to grow their own marijuana at home has been going up as Maine struggles to develop a commercial market for recreational marijuana.

8 Likes

@Muleskinner
Thanks for sharing the article regarding Overgrowing in Maine. Good piece.

I did find it curious that one of the breeders featured in the article is 38 years old with 25 years of experience.
13 year old child prodigy.

I have to admit, I find that a little bit unsettling.

7 Likes

This is encouraging.
Although the source cannot be considered objective.

3 Likes

Well, what do you know, got my first load of government legalization mail today. I guess it’s really happening.

7 Likes

That reminds me of my first resume’ !! :laughing:

It sure looked like I was a f’n bad-ass IT nerd!

:evergreen_tree: :moneybag:

3 Likes

What part makes you uncomfortable?

1 Like

so glad the Canadian government is here to tell us how to use herbal cannabis! How did we get by all these years without them? :smile: all these 10,000 years…

8 Likes

I don’t know @Muleskinner… Here i was thinking driving is safer when high, that kids should be offered a joint with their lunch, and that the plants go in the front yard. Sure learned me!

I’m happy they are sending out things like this though, with pretty pictograms, feels normalizing (if that’s even a word).

7 Likes

If I had been encouraged to grow cannabis at 13, it would have worked out for me, I was already trying it with my buddies.

4 Likes