Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Totally. I rebuilt my first dirt bike engine at 11; if I could do that, I could totally grow some cannabis. Looking back it would have been a much better skill :wink:

5 Likes

For some reason I am not comfortable with teenagers getting high, particularly young teenagers. (Legitimate MMJ applications for children do not concern me).
I think that it is beneficial to enhance formative human development by avoiding recreational intoxicants until adulthood.

I do not have any children, so I very well may have no idea about that which I am speaking.

I started smoking cannabis when I was 17 and a senior in HS…it was in the distant days of a bygone era, 1967.

But regardless, young teens smoking cigarettes or cannabis, and/or drinking booze as well as using any other intoxicating substance, simply gives me a creepy feeling.

My perceptions and sensibilities are, admittedly, filtered through my fossilized lens.

8 Likes

:thumbsup:

Me too but 30 years your junior. :baby_chick:

Roughly 15 years ago I heard that the “experts” had decided that 25 was the new 18 and that the brain doesn’t mature until 25. …which matched my experience perfectly.

:thinking:

:evergreen_tree: still Peter Pan

4 Likes

you can take action to stop CBD from becoming illegal:

http://www.anh-usa.org/action-alert-close-the-fda-back-channel/

6 Likes

Practically, I agree with you. I strongly believe that immature indivuals should not be consuming cannabis. It’ll most likely be used to ignore their obligations the same way video games can be abused.

Theoretically, though, it’s not my belief that cannabis use will retard normal psychological growth in the vast majority of individuals. Full disclosure though, the first time I smoked was at 10 and i started smoking regularly at 14, so I am clearly biased. And I joined Hempcultivation dot com at thirteen, but I also started my first (failed) business at 10, a seed distribution website with growing information on all the plants available for sale.

5 Likes

Your belief has been proven many times, albeit not with pre-teens, that would not fly by any ethics review board.

When I was in university my psychopharmacology professor was very much knowledgeable in cannabis. He compiled a reading list of papers for us which described in detail the cognitive tests done on life-long users after periods of abstinence. This included people who started using in their teens, and went on for 20, 30 years.

The take home message was as such: daily users do not perform as well on a variety of cognitive and motor tasks. However, after 30 days of abstinence, they are indistinguishable from a never-user in a double-blind study.

Afterwards he made us a methamphetamine reading list. You dont need a double-blind study to distinguish daily users after 20-30 years…

5 Likes

Hahahaha.
Art Linkletter would be proud!

…

6 Likes

GMO weed products are on the way. Soon the cannabinoids in many corporate products won’t even be from actual plants:

2 Likes

:gem: :skull_crossbones: :coffin: no shit.

That would still have me stalking the teacher. :cold_sweat:

:evergreen_tree: fuck tweakers, really

2 Likes

Amen. A 20 char amen

2 Likes

interesting, $300 for the report - so Americans & Canadians consume $9 billion worth of edibles every year

4 Likes

I have know a few people that have gotten their first grow experience at 13 or younger generally as helpers right. Some of them I would never take advice from some went on to get horticulture degrees one is one of the most respected growers I know

3 Likes

medMJ reveals the true heart of the Anglo/American rulling class. we “won” the world wars but we were conquered by our own governments and lost our freedom - not allowed to use the natural medicinal plants that were the number 1 and 2 medicines of the 1800’s.

another one - Malaysia’s leader feeling guilty about executing these users of medicinal herbs:

4 Likes
5 Likes

The thought occurs… The businesses who got rich in the California gold rush in 1848 were newspapers and shovel-stores(miner’s supplies), not the miners.

I joined the workforce in the 90s & watched the dot-com bubble build & burst & made myself some crumbs :cookie:. It was hype & hysteria & investors threw money at anything & everything. I remember “I :heart: radio.com” when it was just a silly startup…thinking “What a stupid name!” :rolling_eyes:

So… sure, Ed, tell them whatever, just don’t fuck up what we have going any more than it already has been fucked. :scales:

I watched the 2010 Green Rush in CA too… there were dispensary’s popping up everywhere. One I tried (once) was really close to a high-school. :thinking: Then by 2012 there were half as many or less.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Ed’s gone crazy… thc-producing yeast… totally eliminates the entourage effect, won’t have terpenes, will homogenize everything that doesn’t need to be. We already knew that once it became legal that big companies would only grow high-yield, fast-finishers… that was a given. That’s actually fine for the majority of the recreational market, because they don’t care, and don’t have the taste for different effects or tastes. For medical users, strain-types do matter, depending on type of pain you’re dealing with, or anxiety, insomnia, etc… So I see medical users propping up the connoisseur market for the most part. I just think Ed Rosenthal has given in to greed and become a talking puppet for corporations.

6 Likes

Well, well.
Apparently it is a really huge
entourage.

…

5 Likes

it’ll be nice when Click-Baiting in news articles is frowned upon.
The study found out only that CBD and THC are not the main determining factors in how a bud will affect you.

3 Likes

ah, modern society of the West. You don’t need to think or have your own experiences, just wait for “experts” to tell you what “research” says.

Science begins at home! Every person is endowed with everything they need to perform their own science. Humans have been using & breeding their own cannabis for tens of thousands of years. reminds me of this quote:

“Nothing is more infuriating to a person who has been relieved of crippling nausea than to be told that he has not been relieved.” -William F Buckley

6 Likes

Well, then. :slight_smile: Let’s investigate.

I have determined suspicion and suspiciousness at Forbes.

‘scienmag.com’ and ‘sciencemag.org’ are two different animals.

Legitimate:

Not-so-worthy:

the second one is what is cited by the Forbes article.

:evergreen_tree: muahahahah

2 Likes