Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

more news of the rascist shithole country…getting medieval down south!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/10/14/little-rocks-dangerous-and-illegal-drug-war/

2 Likes

hope everbody here already knows this:

What if the police don’t ask me for consent or offer me a card?

If the police do not ask for your consent to be searched, or if you are not sure the circumstances require officers to do so, you can say, “I do not consent to being searched.”

This makes your objection clear, and it could come in handy later for a legal defense. You can also ask, “Am I free to leave?”

Similarly, if you give consent but change your mind, you can withdraw it by saying so.

2 Likes

i dunno. that story about the guy getting blasted in the front door, at the wrong address reported, from the video-gamer-stalker or whatever… or the drunk bastard in the hotel hallway who got slaughtered by a smug little shit cop… the young caribbean guy in TX recently with the lady cop who thought she was defending her house–“oops mah badd”… [smh] there really isn’t a lot of room left for crazi-ER anymore… jus sayin’

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like
4 Likes

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety found, in a study to be released on Thursday, that traffic accidents are rising in states that have legalized recreational marijuana. That followed stark warnings from the National Transportation Safety Board, which on Tuesday issued several recommendations to combat drug-impaired driving.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-16/as-states-legalize-pot-warnings-issued-on-drug-impaired-driving

4 Likes

…that’s kinda why I posted that gnarly crash… :thinking:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like
3 Likes

Channel 4… UK. You may be able to find it elsewhere. 8.00pm GMT so in like an hour and a half. Time to end the ban. Let’s see what they gotta say

2 Likes

I’m awaiting the day :calendar: :gb: I can watch Monty Don’s Cannabis Gardens of the World, pirated from ch4, on youtube, and raise the chalice to all of U youK’ers.

:evergreen_tree: :wink:

1 Like

“my friend” was protesting in front of one of these poison peddlers (SHITweed) w/ a big sign mentioning that particular company faces 2 class-action lawsuits for spraying toxic chemicals on their cannabis… and offering free cannabis to whoever would leave the line-up and not go in … you’d be surprised how many people refused to pass up the opportunity to smoke myclobutanil … one class-action having already been certified and the other having a certification hearing Nov. 24th

7 Likes

surprise surprise, another canadian cannabis company facing a class-action lawsuit!!! (the surprise of course being that the lawsuit is not for spraying poison on their cannabis, but for misleading and defrauding investors!)

7 Likes

It’s legal, but only if you buy from the cartel of politicians.

8 Likes

Oh yeah I drove by a few in Burnaby and North Vancouver today that have closed… pre-emptively. Real large nice outfits too they were. There are many waiting for a license, and many with a license waiting for a retail location.

In the end, the system will settle to some sort of a semi-stable state. Then we’ll go from there :wink: I have faith in Canada, in my 22-ish years here I have been impressed more times than disappointed

3 Likes

yeah, i’d have faith too if i lived in BC… at least Ford changed Ontario to allow private retail to take part in the market… but the forced government monopolies on purchasing/distribution is bullshit… dispensaries should be able to have purchasing agents to inspect and purchase anything a grower brings in to their store… send a sample off for testing and call it good enough…

meanwhile in manitoba …

7 Likes

Wait, what? Is that $130 for an 8th?

3 Likes

2 eighths, 62$ each :smiley: :smiley: (pic stolen from FB … i will never purchase LP)

3 Likes

couldn’t purchase at that price either… but then again, I brew my own beer too, that shit gets pricey fast.

I hope some people find value in it, really do. I thing @cogitech checked out the BC store and that stuff was around 11-12 bucks a gram, which is right in line with what I paid my high school dealer back kn the day…

5 Likes

i plan on frequently protesting in front of these LPs, handing out leaflets espousing the benefits of the medical system along with application forms for various clinics… (in manitoba home-growing is completely banned for recreational users)

3 Likes

Overgrow, brother :fist:
Everyone I know smokes free this month.
…and next month I’m laying the LED_Seedz Strawberry Creme on them :ok_hand: :trophy:

9 Likes

I dont think they could get away with that in bc. I live in a municipality of about 30000 people, and we have 2 dedicated grow shops, which are BUSY, and the local shitty Rona carries 3 different types of soilless mix in bales, not even bags, as well as pH up, down, and a bitching selection of irrigation fittings. Honestly it is easier for me to find grow op stuff in that rona than a new flush mechanism for my toilet.

6 Likes