Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Uh oh!

Excerpt from WaPo piece:

“starker prediction made by drug policy analyst Jonathan Caulkins looks more prescient every day: He forecast that legalized marijuana will eventually fall in price to the level of other easily grown, legal plants such as wheat and barley, such that a joint might sell for a nickel or even become a complimentary item akin to beer nuts at the bar.”

Yikes!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/business/2018/11/16/marijuana-is-getting-cheaper-some-states-thats-problem/

5 Likes

I guess we’re all drug policy analysts too, and way ahead of the pack. :race_car:

:laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

of course it should… i predict flower will mostly only be bought in huge bulk by extract companies and everyone will be using extracts and edibles with a small niche market for craft flowers. @BreederSteve hopes to bring $10/oz untrimmed sungrown to market next year and itll only drop from there… these giant LPs i think will be going belly up unless they seriously revise their business plans

5 Likes

LOL he called for an ambulance only 20 minutes later … sounds like the placebo effect was too much for him … I’d have loved to see him a few hours later

4 Likes

He had to be rescued from a tree. No joke :expressionless:

6 Likes

I’ve said this about ∆8-THC for the last 3 years.
It’s a THC that repives anxiety and depression :blush:
Apparently you can do some organic chemistry and make some if you make edibles in a certain way.
Supposedly. I’ll need to see lab tests to be sure, but it’ll be interesting nonetheless if true or shown what is really going on there.

4 Likes

pretty funny - I must admit I am still one of the people that secretly sneaks off to vaporize around my original family! as they quaff the booze all day long…time to walk the dogs…again…:smiley:

6 Likes

Well, seems it is inevitable.

All the more reason to Overgrow!

Mexico is likely to legalize!

Legislation submitted to Congress last week by the party of leftist President-elect Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador would regulate cannabis, allowing it to be grown, sold and consumed for recreational use.

Proponents of legalization say it would reduce bloodshed in Mexico by weakening drug cartels and freeing up police officers and prosecutors to focus on more serious crimes. But the proposal has critics, including the Catholic Church, which holds significant sway in Mexican politics. A poll in Mexico last year showed a majority of respondents opposed legalizing marijuana.

Living in the state of New Mexico, I think this is a huge step in the right direction. There was a short period in the late 90s and early 2000s when crime declined, but, in the last decade there’s been a huge increase in cartel violence. I realize that cartels are increasingly involved in hard drugs, but, hopefully slowing down cartels by making weed legal will help everybody.

It’s gotten so bad here that beheadings and murders are spilling over into the nicer neighborhoods. Last month, in my neighborhood which is regarded as an expensive and “upscale” area near the University of New Mexico campus, a 17 year old high school kid was gunned down in his front yard. He was murdered for no apparent reason a mere 200 feet from my house.

The cops have no leads, and it was hardly even publicized because the newspapers have been threatened by the cartels. It’s so sad to hear about this and many other violent crimes around NM going unsolved because even the police in a city of 800,000 are scared to poke the cartel bear.

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/14/667699301/mexico-hopes-to-legalize-marijuana

8 Likes

or maybe the cops are already working for the cartel…

5 Likes

so he’s jumping on the bandwagon at the last possible minute…that’s nice, but… “the North remembers” :smile:

5 Likes

Looks like December 6th will be Legalization Day in Michigan

http://www.freep.com/story/news/marijuana/2018/11/20/michigan-board-canvassers-marijuana-legalization-date/2067132002/

7 Likes

Gobble, gobble!

4 Likes
5 Likes

looks like Potsquatch is morphing into the Statue of Liberty

4 Likes

He has upped his game for the new market :laughing:

or maybe her head dress was supposed to be cannabis leaves originally.

4 Likes

Dude, that makes so much sense. As if we didn’t have enough reasons to love France already!

3 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAAAAHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

4 Likes
3 Likes

Interesting. We will see.

“You have alcoholics who are not prohibited from owning firearms.”
John Weston, attorney for plaintiff Matthew Roman

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5bf4572de4b0771fb6b33319

9 Likes