Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Yeah. The Salem one needs an appointment, printed sheet of paper, a shuttle, and after all that you still pay 300-350 for 28g, but you’ll end up walking out with a gram or 2 at 15/g

I’ll stick to my Friendly neighborhood pot dealer thank you​:sweat_smile::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yeah I can’t afford dispensaries either. I’ll stick to the black market on dark web lol… if all else fails I know a few dealers too, but they charge double what I can get it for online.

2 Likes

You in the US, UK, Canada, or somewhere else?

@OniTenshu I’m in the US. The state I live in has medical marijuana, but damn is it overpriced.

2 Likes

If more cannabis consumers would simply Overgrow, all these problems virtually disappear.

At least MA has provided their citizens the freedom to grow ganja.

I cannot remember the last time I purchased any cannabis…I think it was late 1980s.

3 Likes

here’s a better spin on the day’s events from a newspaper that isn’t owned by John Henry, owner of the Red Sox and Fenway park and seller of $12 Budweiser pints…

Holyoke has 21 marijuana businesses with options on property, and 30 businesses that have expressed interest, Morse said. Holyoke has approved five special permits for retail and cultivation facilities.

“We want to go from the Paper City to the rolling paper city,” Morse said, referring to the city’s nickname as a former center for paper mills.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Bring on the change!

2 Likes

ROTFLMAO!!!

5 Likes

I gotta borrow that guy’s respirator this summer! :smile: my neighbors’ manure pile is brutal on 80-degree days.

2 Likes

The farcical struggle for freedom continues
in the sunshine state.

Medical-marijuana ruling put on hold by Florida appeal court

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-ne-medical-marijuana-ruling-on-hold-20181219-story.html

2 Likes

This is interesting,
But it contains more than a smidgen of misinformation.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Phytoremediation rocks!

a rare positive editorial today

2 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

This is progress, I think (maybe)

Hemp Is Now Legal Thanks to the Farm Bill. Here Comes the FDA
By Anna Edney
December 20, 2018, 4:40 PM EST

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-20/hemp-is-now-legal-thanks-to-the-farm-bill-here-comes-the-fda

1 Like

Look at the fascist FDA chairman - explaining how it works - the FDA grants a monopoly license to Pharma for medicinal herbs, then throws anyone who tries to use or sell them in jail - I think we could still see a large-scale shutdown of all CBD products complete w/ SWAT team raids all over the country - there are thousands of companies and stores selling CBD foods, supplement, pet medications, etc.

Specifically, Gottlieb emphasized that, because components of marijuana such as THC and CBD are “active ingredients in FDA-approved drugs” such as the epilepsy medication Epidiolex, it remains illegal to “introduce drug ingredients like these into the food supply, or to market them as dietary supplements.”

4 Likes

Don’t a majority of the supplements use ingredients that are used in drugs once the molecules are isolated out of it? I feel like there’s a whole plant loophole here or there’s a lot we could do to counter that part of the law

2 Likes

I guess I need a new job :thinking:

3 Likes

Yep, that’s just them spinning a reason. E.g. Tryptophan is used as the active ingrediants in some FDA approved medications such as Travasol and Prosol.

Using the FDAs line of reasoning, I conclude no more:

lamb, beef, pork, turkey, chicken, tuna, crab, oat, oat bran, eggs, white beans, Mozzarella, pumpkin seeds, etc, etc, etc

since these products contain a component that are also active ingredients in FDA-approved drugs.

The way it was spun makes it sound as though they are looking to protect the pharma’s business interests "because components … are active ingredients in FDA-approved drugs”

4 Likes