Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

So it’s just a matter of time before it’s pointed out? :sweat_smile: I hope someone speaks up. If they end up passing a law for that they’ll inadvertently ban nearly everything on basically all shelves

2 Likes

In conclusion, California’s cannabis market is a dream for consumers, entrepreneurs, career-pivoters and investors.

:cow2: :poop: :rotating_light: bzzzzzzzzzzzzzt!!! :warning: :cow2: :poop:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Well, I say :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::fu:t3:I am assuming the italics indicate sarcasm. Good on ya my friend. :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

direct quote from the end of the article… :unamused:
reminds me of when “websites” were the gold rush fever 20 yrs ago…

5 Likes

No surprise here.

Why men support marijuana legalization more than women do

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/12/21/why-men-support-marijuana-legalization-more-than-women-do/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2572a71f5920

5 Likes

The US Govt. is perfectly foolish.

6 Likes

there is some fancy reasoning and hypothesizing there, but the simple truth is that men consume more weed. Maybe it’s because the plants are female? :smile: One of the marketing reports on Colorado said that 70% of cannabis buyers are men vs. 30% female.

I believe plants can definitey have male/female aspect. Salvia divinorum is known for giving users the feeling of a feminine goddess presence. I thought this was silliniess until I bought some and watched my girlfriend take huge bong hits of it. She closed her eyes & started to trip out in a trance-like state, I could hear her muttering “oh she’s here…she’s here”.

I was like “holy shit it’s true”, my friend had never heard of Salvia and didn’t even know what it was until that day.

4 Likes

@Muleskinner

Based on my experience, more men than women smoke reefer.
And certainly the large majority of growers are men.

However, I have a hunch that there are far more female non-cannabis
gardeners than there are males that are non-cannabis growers.

With cannabis emerging from the shadows, I think this will balance out
eventually.

6 Likes

(from first aricle):

Superior Court Judge Kent O’Mara issued a default judgment against Lopez after several sanctions. He was ordered to pay $2,808,000 in penalties, according to the release.

“Yolo County law is clear that commercial cannabis cultivation is prohibited unless the cultivator holds a County license,” District Attorney Jeff Reisig said in the release. “This judgment sends a strong message that these rules serve a purpose, one of which is to protect the environment.”

Translation: They took half of his crop. :wink: :cop: :thumbsdown:

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article223431340.html

And then there’s the other end of the spectrum :unamused: :cn:

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article223425380.html

4 Likes

wanna see the louisiana version? rofl

1 Like

@Fresherbs Oh god no! Lmfao. That information is liable to fuck my whole day up. :joy:

2 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/12/22/us/ap-us-oklahoma-marijuana-rapid-rollout.html

3 Likes

I don’t know what’s wrong with Texas Legislators and according to polls, 87% of Texans support medical cannabis. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

if only Fl and TX moved with ANY speed towards fulfilling the expressed will
of their voters.

Oh well.

1 Like

Bassackwards story!
Yup, home growing is the problem!
hahahaha

3 Likes

you have to realize that the many haters of cannabis and the people that use it didn’t stop hating! Of course legalizing weed in Colorado didn’t eliminate the black market in other states! Nobody ever suggested that.

DEA busts went up after legalization, no shit Sherlock, they focused all their resources on Colorado. PBS is usually awful on cannabis - what do you expect from state-run media.

Of course the black market will continue with the high tax rates we have in every state. Wine and beer is taxed at less than 5% and cannabis 25% to 50% or even higher.

Look at the dispensary owner saying that home growing should be eliminated. We have to be vigilant against that for years to come. The corporate industry will be dying to get home growing wiped out - in Nevada and Washington it’s already illegal and there is no sign of it becoming legal anytime soon. It’s not going to be allowed in New York and New Jersey, two of the biggest states in the US.

Drug Policy Alliance and the ACLU of Washington are responsible for writing a law with no home growing, and MPP is responsible for the law in Nevada. Don’t support them. Activists knew the high tax rates would be a failure, here in Mass. the local movement supported a tax rate of 6% - the state’s sales tax rate - and MPP wrote 12% into the law instead. Then the corrupt Legislature raised it to 23%, and I’m sure we’ll soon be blamed for not wiping out the black market.

7 Likes

If you can’t grow your own I wouldn’t even call it legal. It is disappointing to see businesses who were anti big businesses a few years ago have now become those big businesses and trying to push there desires on the people, by lobbying of all things.I have seen several recreational growers in Oregon complain that they aren’t able to make a profit because of everyone growing there 4 plants.

7 Likes

:raised_hand: high 5 & amen

…again… :raised_hand: high 5 & amen :joy: That means Oregon USA has been successfully :trophy: OVERGROOOOOOWN!

:clap:

:evergreen_tree: :wink:

6 Likes

100% Not only does the 20% tax on $15 a gram not compete with the black market, it emboldens people to keep black market prices high because the alternative is an hours-long wait, often after an hours-long drive, to pay $360 an oz. The first oz pays for the whole pound plus overhead, the other $5,500 is all profit.

Black market in MA is settling in for a comfortable position as long as the legal market holds onto their perverse profit margins.

7 Likes

Well this is no surprise.
Overgrowing is the solution…

4 Likes