Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Interesting, but not surprised TBH. Glad it’s all happening so quickly now.

1 Like

I think Dale sums it up well. California is the only state that alllows towns to regulate home growing, when I saw that in the law I knew they were screwed, it’s a bad law - IMO it’s meant to un-do Prop. 215

“The cannabis industry is being choked by California’s penchant for over-regulation,” said Dale Gieringer, director of California NORML, a pro-legalization group. “It’s impossible to solve all of the problems without a drastic rewrite of the law, which is not in the cards for the foreseeable future.”

3 Likes

how to get busted under legalization, Part VXIII…

https://www.newburyportnews.com/news/local_news/quincy-man-banned-from-salisbury-club-after-fight-with-security/article_b6ece9fb-d097-5fa6-9642-1a97c22a37a5.html

Quincy man banned from Salisbury club after fight with security guards

“He was ashamed of himself after this episode,” Papoulias said. “He just simply wants to get back on track and he’s doing that now.”

3 Likes

Well, at least articles such as this are being published in more “mainstream”
outlets…they may stimulate more and more Overgrowing!

it made me giggle a few times.

So you want to grow your own marijuana? Here’s what to know.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Holy crap, I can legally give someone AN OZ of seeds?!
:thinking:
How many times can one person legally give away one ounce of seeds in a day? An hour!? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3 Likes

All cannabis seeds have less than .3% THC, therefore they’re legally hemp, not “marijuana”.

5 Likes

The Canadian Politburo’s legalization plan isn’t going so well - wow, what a surprise - who could have predicted this???

OPINION. Consumers are paying for government’s failure to understand cannabis.

7 Likes

@Muleskinner Are you saying the one ounce limit doesn’t apply and we are free to give away as many seeds as our hearts desire?

4 Likes

from article:

Inflated prices occur because regulators see cannabis as a purely recreational product, one the government can use to generate exorbitant revenues. The pricing on cannabis resembles how the government views alcohol.

Exhibit 23612 as to how the cannabis consumer benefits from Overgrowing!

Get the imbecilic government out of the supply chain.

7 Likes

Oh yes they are.

This xmas I gave an oz to my brother in law. He has been ordering from the government. He looked at me with wild eyes “this is really expensive, you sure?”

Then I told him that a pound of a mediocre bud is sold from grower to distributor or LP for around 800 bucks now… the rest? Paying for fckups. To the tune of $200/oz, based on our retail prices.

With a sweeping federal legalization like this there are gonna be issues. I just hope that over the next decade they get ironed out into a reasonable approach.

I remember when you could not buy hard liquor in any stores that were not government-owned in BC; a time when microbreweries and microdistilleries could not be licensed, and a time when you could smoke inside a bar :wink:

I have some faith in our country’s legislative system. Not much, but some. So long as holier-than-thou, safer-than-sorry old white men and their puritan wives are kept the fuck out of government…

7 Likes

Ten cents per gram you say?

3 Likes

The Congo…

Ain’t competition a bitch.

We could all use more competition and far less government idiocy!

3 Likes

Oh how I love governments.

One hand is super conservative, the other signs free trade deals and foreign aid.

I have to say, lawyers will find a way to sewer the market with low low prices on product. Happens in every industry.

I cant wait :smile:

3 Likes

Legalization was never meant to be a complicated project for government. All that is needed is to repeal laws and get out of the way. “Legalization” is showing us that we live under fascist governments.

These post-WWII western democracies aren’t very free any more. Civil rights and freedom to happiness and commerce are not even considered when formulating policy and laws. The Pharma companies and their investors want to keep cannabis under wraps and only available at very high prices (and low quality).

8 Likes

After New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy was sworn into office, Bergen County Sheriff Michael Saudino disparaged the new governor’s January inauguration speech, particularly taking issue with his views on criminal justice reform.

“[Murphy] talked about the whole thing, the marijuana, sanctuary state…better criminal justice reform,” Saudino said. “Christ almighty, in other words let the blacks come in, do whatever the fuck they want, smoke their marijuana, do this, do that, and don’t worry about it. You know, we’ll tie the hands of cops.”

Little did Saudino know that his words were caught on tape. His rant was eventually made public in September, prompting him to resign.

5 Likes

@Muleskinner

Hahaha, great article. It really puts into perspective the largely unhinged nature of the
majority of cannabis freedom opponents.
Their shared delusions are quite remarkable…and funny!

4 Likes

Too many other things to occupy my time.
However…

5 Likes

With cannabis becoming more acceptable, this type of extravagance was inevitable.

Las Vegas dispensary sells America’s most expensive legal marijuana product for $11,000

https://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth/2019/01/01/las-vegas-dispensary-sells-americas-most-expensive-legal-marijuana-product-for-11000/

2 Likes

3 down, 3 to go lol. Neat series so far

6 Likes