Cannabis Lounges in Canada or USA

I’m just curious if any of you out there have had the opportunity to experience a legitimate cannabis Lounge where you can actually go hang out with your friends watch TV, play games, chill etc. and enjoy your free time while enjoying your very own cannabis out in the open. I have myself twice, once in Toronto at the Kindred Cafe (first cafe of its type in Ontario CA., I believe (now shut down) located on Yonge St. the longest street in North America in the heart of Toronto and once in Spokane Washington(sorry Spokane residents, but ur in Spokane, nough said).

The reason why I’m inquiring is because Canada is going to be legalizing marijuana this summer / fall and I know I can’t afford to open my own dispensary but I feel there’s an opportunity for myself within the entertainment side of industry within the customer service side of the business, specifically when it comes to food and beverages and chillaxing. I’ve been asked time and time again why I have not become a chef or an event planner.

So I’m looking for people’s input and more…

3 Likes

it’s starting to happen in Mass. because they are over-regulating the crap out of licensed businesses. There are two we know about in Worcester, Mass. already

another one

2 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking.
Start a “club” like all the vape pen people are doing (here in Ontario anyway) That way there’s no issues with employees and smoking laws :no_smoking: .
You could have everyone pay for membership. Like a country club :golfer:

2 Likes

a video on the place from a friendly local TV network. Worcester seems like a cool town, the Harvest Cup was a great event with lots of plants everywhere.

$50 a month seems too high, he needs more comfortable chairs for that much

4 Likes

That’s the legal loophole I’m considering taking advantage of. The only reason why the Kindred Cafe got shut down was because it became far to public( serving special brownie milkshakes, which were awesome, first-hand experience) and I am quite sure the odor wofting from the third story rooftop balcony became an issue for those non tokers and retailers within the area.

2 Likes

I can understand why they charge $50 a month cuz honestly the business is not making any money other than having people come into lounge around, but comfortable seating is an absolute must especially for people who are looking to melt into the couch while enjoying their favorite kind

Just like Boston, Edmonton is full of universities in the downtown core as well as our new ICE District they built for the Edmonton Oilers(17’) and any concerts that come to the far north. The way I see it, all the bars that can afford to move downtown have moved in, the next phase is the Cannabis scene and I want to be one of the first have a great place to chill between classes before an event after an event or on your weekends when you have time off.

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to do the same thing.
Too bad were are on opposite ends of the country. It would be cool to do an OG collaboration.
“Cafe OverGrow”

1 Like

I seriously kid you not, those were my exact thoughts this evening the overgrow cafe.

1 Like

I work with in the food industry and I get Praises all the time from management and customers on my creativity when it comes to cooking up new food items for my customers to sample while incorporating the products I sell. And tonight I thought why not have a North American collaboration of online connoisseurs to develop the first Cannabis Cafe developed by us for us. Hents calling it The overgrow café. Our Canadian dollar stinks compared to the American dollar so why not have some of you folks come on up to check us out and possibly make an investment in the chilly North to make some hot cash!

3 Likes

it is called dealer house party in south good food beer crawfish boil. happen every week some where river pasture fire. all trash is pick up before ant 1 leaves. be polite pick up your trash is rule to join in plus price of food and beer being served.