Cannabis microscopy

Check this out. Can’t let organic go unrepresented! You want it in your lungs! :wink:

But seriously, it kicks the piss out of the Justice League. IT’S ORGANIC, MAN!

2 Likes

That shit on the justice league weed, I think it’s some kind of fungus and the crud used to kill said fungus. All I know is it hurts my lungs and makes me angry when I smoke it.
You could claim I am biased and only took pictures of shitty parts of the justice league. Well, I was actually extremely surprised when I saw those images. I don’t really “expect” anything, but I run the image enhancement process then just see what the fuck comes out the other end. I can get a small “slice” of what it’ll look like, on the screen, but then it continually builds an image over time as I focus on the sample. The end result is always a shocker! I’ll get over it one day. Not every image is a good one, I toss out so many as junk. Let me go and image a seed!

lol! You can see the tip is the only thing there if the seed doesn’t get pollinated. That’s what those crazy husks are inside the bud. Seed tips.

4 Likes

That digital optics gizmo was worth every penny, man. It’s paid for itself a hundred times over. Contamination scans are so fun and exciting! And the images generated are priceless. I think I’m finally getting the hang of it. Definitely a skill to generating those images lol it’s like playing a computer game… oh shit, I just died in minecraft!

1 Like

See how a normal leaf vein looks, not all fuzzy like that other one. There are just a few trichomes present. Nothing that resembles a fungal colony at all. I don’t put the measurement bar on these computer generated images, because it has no meaning. It’s a 3 dimensional image rendered in 2d, no ruler can measure it.

4 Likes

Last night someone told me that gross nugget looked good enough to smoke. I said funny thing is it’s contaminated. Wow they said, I would have never known. True story, your eye can’t perceive those small details.

Just some random pics hah hah not glory shots. It’s really easy to introduce aberrations with computer enhancement.

3 Likes

I find it fascinating how the stalk of the trichome gets all shriveled up when you dry the bud. It makes the segments more visible. The colors also then get incorporated into the stalk. Crazy! I mean if there are colors besides green as it doesn’t seem to travel up the stalk of the trichome. Strange hey? Those colors travel up the stalk and become part of it. Those details are very strange! The color probably gets washed out in the hash making process. I’ve never seen it wind up there. I’ll have to look harder and make sure.

1 Like

Amazing shots!!

You probably know all of this but for nubes like me, this is handy!

Very cool seeing the hypodermal cells through the epidermal… :thinking: :exploding_head:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

You’re totally right, it IS amazing detail to a cellular level, I take that shit for granted. I’m going to have to get out the phase contrast and do a deeper dive! I’ve left the regular optics in the dust, I rarely even look through the eyepieces anymore. It simply cannot compare to having a high speed camera and a fast computer. I know I say this wayyy to often…but holy shit…what an age we live in. I’m going to crack out the phase contrast and image a trichome head at a gazillion times magnification, creating an EDF image of the entire depth of the cap. I fully expect to have my mind blown.

2 Likes

well… I’m not sure those nifty computer programs understand the phase contrast lol! I had to make this image manually, or risk…so many aberrations that you can’t tell what is going on. It was wild!

5 Likes

Those are some fantastic pics​:+1::+1::+1: Keep them coming

2 Likes

heh heh thanks I have lots more where those came from.
I went to the Justice League tonight with the scan results. I asked what the crud was that made it look like someone took a shit on the trichomes. They said it was either nova, sulfur burner, or end-all. Like holy shit. You have to pick one? how about it’s all of them, including the fungus I saw.

2 Likes

Fantastic macros man! Also I made it back into this account!

2 Likes

thanks! yah I remember when the site claimed my password was invalid, it was really strange. Oh well it gives you a link to get back in with your email. I’ll be scanning more justice league product today. Let’s see how busy the poisoner has been lately. How many poisons can he apply at once? What does it look like?
I thank the poisoner, because without his shitty buds I’d be scrounging for contaminated buds to show you. Thanks to the Government, contaminated weed is hard to find. See? I gave them a compliment this time :wink: The poisoner is running on the old-skool licensing scheme where a court case said it couldn’t be taken away. That was a 250,000 dollar lawsuit against the Gov’ and they ruled in the favor of medical producers. Strange days, but now they can’t shut down the poisoner. I suppose you have to take the bad…with the good?? In a perfect world, every human would have access to high resolution optics, then the poisoner would have no sales. I don’t wish any harm to the poisoner, or the justice league, but I would prefer if SOMETHING could stop him, and change them.

1 Like

Oh I forgot to say that Batman has joined the Justice League. I’m fucking scratching him off the christmas list. All I see is pathogens in his room now. Justice League pathogens, the worst.

hmmm I’m not sure what I am seeing here, but it doesn’t resemble cannabis structures.

You think hiding in the trichomes, there are fungal hypha? ooo a good mystery, hard to see in phase contrast what colors are there.

2 Likes

huh crazy thing look at it. It almost looks like some kind of tube ready to release some kind of gunk. Fucking Germs, Man! It’s an alien, no doubt.

I’ll do more scanning, this one is interesting for sure.

1 Like

wow I’m not sure if this is a crystal from some poison, or something alive, but I love it!!! The images are so… terrifying! THAT’S NOT NORMAL! Crazy part is this is a completely random sample from inside the bud formation, just a lone bud I extracted.

If you look at any normal trichome scan I have done, it won’t match this. Wow it’s amazeballs!

2 Likes

This terrible work, is of course, courtesy of the poisoner. Grown by his acolyte, Batman.

After I find the blaze spawner, I’ll get blazed and do another scan. This is a random bud scan from a random person.