Cannabis Tea Drinkers?

Any tea drinkers here? I use my trim leaves and it’s a very relaxing experience before bedtime. It gives you a really happy and chill feeling. Haven’t tried it with bud mostly just the leaves I defoliate. Not much thc if any but it still must contain cannabinoids or something. Add a little chamomile when you’re steeping then some ginger sugar and half and half. Bliss.

15 Likes

I sometimes make a hash tea. Powdered hash in an insulated mug. Let it sit for awhile to decarb.

I’ve also made milky chai where I’ve simmered bud in the milk and butter.

Both taste nice and work well

10 Likes

I made something like this a few days ago.

6 Likes

Do you steep your leaves still wet or dry? I’ve been trying to make some mulberry tea but I lose interest when my tea looks like pure yard waste. There must be more technique to drying of which I am unaware.

Semi-related, I would say this was a decent brew:

I made the mistake of doing this with two grams of buds… But when I finally woke up, my cold was long gone.

8 Likes

I love me some cannabis tea!! If I don’t have a coffee in my hands, I almost always have some kind of tea. Black tea, green tea, chai, hibiscus, I love em all.

I’m also a big fan of turmeric milk with ginger, honey, black pepper, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom, that stuff can raise the dead, lol.

8 Likes

I have a shoebox I throw all my defoliated leaves in. I don’t know what exactly I was saving them for but I figured one day it would come to me lol. The other night I was like ohhh I can make tea. I love the taste of it more than anything. I don’t do anything special. I’m out of bud right now and I refuse to buy any off the street because everyone is putting fentanyl in it so until I harvest in a few weeks this is the closet to smoking I can get lol

6 Likes

@BlazeUno423 you ever try juicing the leaves?

4 Likes

No how do I go about doing that?

3 Likes

I wash and soak the fresh leaf in cold water for 5 minutes, then sandwich the leaves between a veggie or fruit like a cucumber or apple, and put them through a juicer. Depending on the juicer, you may not have to sandwich them between anything, but for the average centrifugal juicer you’ll want to put them through with something to help them juice.

6 Likes

I have mixed equal parts trim to Lipton tea. I don’t decarb the trim. I used this when I had Covid. It made me feel a little better.

5 Likes

I have been putting a couple drops of sugar leaf trim infused MCT-oil into a honey +lemon +boiled water tea. Just a couple drops and the drink is over powered with cannabis flavour . I don’t usually finish the cup and I get that same chill happy feeling!

7 Likes

Try juicing the defoliated leaves much like u would a smoothie deff gives a diff kick but the tea is deff nice

7 Likes

I do it with the leaves I defoliate too, and the leaves from harvest.
Wonderful experience every time. So smooth and soft.
The secret of the zen masters, right here.

5 Likes

Yummmyy

My bro brought me back a jar of honey from Ontariofrom his buddy’s bee farm

This is like gold.

5 Likes

Man I’m telling you that’s the most relaxing thing ever bro. Like I would almost stop smoking and just have a cup of tea every night.

The strange thing is that the leaves that I pull during veg still makes my eyes “sticky” when I drink them. I had always thought that was a property of THC but now I’m thinking it’s prolly a cannabinoid that does it. Either way dosing off to sleep after drinking leaf tea is a very zen like experience. I haven’t been able to get anyone to do it with me so they just think I’m crazy lol.

6 Likes

Never made any teas, but definitely a fan of “bulletproofing” my coffee with infused butter or oil. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Possibly CBN… but yeah I’d like to know the dominant cannabinoids in leaves!

2 Likes

Omg that looks amazing.

2 Likes

You talked me into it. Going to take some Dinamed CBD flower and scorch it with some hot water in a few minutes.

OK, well over an hour afterward. Might have some effect, not sure. I brew up as much as I would have smoked to get a hit, just not relieving as much as I would like. I will have to try decarbed next time. Stuck a tea bag in to help with the flavor, still a little weedy but not bad.

2 Likes

I made my first tea last night, after reading this post.
I did:

• 2 cups water
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 gram flower

Mixed all together, simmered over medium heat for 15-20 minutes. I added a pinch of cardamom and cinnamon, to make it taste a bit like chai.
I only drank about 8oz of the tea and got a nice low key buzz that was very chill and relaxing. I slept great.

I’m going to be doing this a lot more before bed, instead of smoking. My lungs need a break sometimes

:sunglasses::green_heart:

7 Likes