Cannabis that causes aggression?

Have you heard of strains that cause this or experienced them yourself? Personally I have experienced some smoke that put me directly into “fight” mode.

2 Likes

I have never heard of a strain like that and Im too old to have a fight mode . lol

16 Likes

Angry weed lol

7 Likes

The only thing I’m interested in fighting after smoking is to get the refrigerator open or the wife’s panties off

38 Likes

I believe I heard DJ Short mention a strain like it in a Potcast interview, something he gave to a friend without testing the smoke himself. Some of the longer flowering genetics definitely get my adrenaline up and focused, but the “angry” weed is just extremely interesting. African tribes were known to smoke cannabis before hunts. It seems to be a topic that there is very little information on.

7 Likes

That’s why it’s so interesting to me, it goes against 99% of what people report experiencing from cannabis

3 Likes

I would speculate, that it’s a fight or flight response induced by the cannabis entirely rather than a single strain. From personal experience I can say good sativa is fucking amazing to exercise or play sports on, I can only assume it would be good for a pre-hunt ritual. I notice I am extremely sensitive, in that little things will hang me up so bad because I’m confused or something, it’s hard to say. At the very least my aggression has gone up this year either way. I notice this especially when I’m LOW on cannabis in my system.

Before cannabis I was already alert and aggressive when confronted. If anything it helped me regain control of my anger once again.

Much like psychiatry; we don’t really seem to understand how our brains work. We have some ideas, but it’s not conclusive most of the time.

12 Likes

Oh yeah this must’ve been the weed they were smoking during Harry Anslingers reign that caused all the news stories about weed making people go on killing sprees and lose their minds :unamused::rage:

7 Likes

This is really well put, thank you for contributing

3 Likes

Not necessarily make someone a murderer, but I did meet a fellow Marine that fought in Vietnam who described smoking cannabis in combat there that made being in combat easier for him.

4 Likes

My statement was one of sarcasm bc those stories were all made up by the racist Harry Anslinger to fit his agenda to make weed illegal since minority populations were the primary users.

9 Likes

If you get mad when you smoke, that’s probably just who you are inside.

Probably type of dude who says “whiskey makes me angry”.

10 Likes

I wonder if anyone else has that experience, that’s very interesting.

2 Likes

Calm down Kyle!

2 Likes

Somewhere around the year 2001 or 2002, when White Rhino and Kush were the normal strains going around, this guy also was selling Nigerian. Everytime my cousin smoked the Nigerian he became angry. It made me sleepy. This was more than likely the Afropips Nigerian or a Dutch Nigerian that flowered for 10 or 11 weeks and not the pure Nigerian. Other than that one strain, I’ve never heard of any weed making anyone angry. But, it was definitely that weed in particular making him angry. Every time he smoked it, he would get super pissed within a half hour. After it happened enough times he finally refused to smoke it again and the anger issues were gone. He was not an angry person by Nature. I have also heard of tribes smoking before combat. From what I gathered it was used to make them more powerful. The Zulu tribe smoked Durban before battle…and Im sure there were others.

8 Likes

Great point too, cannabis definitely has that inner mirror effect, and it could just be the mindset of the individual smoking at that moment.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised how many holes in the wall it took me to figure that out.

I spent my whole childhood filled with anxiety and told it was all normal and to just stop, I tried for a while. At some point I realized, I haven’t told anyone some of these feelings because at the time my happiness wasn’t as important as being calm. As an adult now I quickly caught on that if I don’t say and do things to improve my over all life it’s never changing. Some say CPTSD, some say autism, most just call it anxiety. That’s all it is, relentless worrying. When I get too much of a sativa I can get these cascading rushes of panic, and if anyone is trying to talk to me right then they’ll probably get yelled at. Best I can say is it seems to be an inability to handle feelings of a certain intensity? It’s something I associate with my child-like feelings, as opposed to the more rational feelings I developed only as an adult.

I haven’t found one strain in particular that exacerbated it particularly, but I will 100% get pissed off at nothing and wonder why, only to find I haven’t had my medicine. I don’t know how I don’t notice it until it’s the only thing I can think about, but eh. Hopefully that gives some insight, I always enjoy reading people’s experiences myself.

6 Likes

I find it accentuates what you already feel. I don’t like to smoke on days I’m feeling down because there’s a good chance it will make me feel shittier.

I think of it as a positivity enhancer. And a negativity enhancer. But I only like to enhance the positive.

7 Likes

lol I forgot about that Kyle guy who thought I hacked into his account 'cause he got called a Kyle.

Kyle, slayer of drywall. You laugh but those people keep the spackle business running.

Just need my MMA shirt, Ed Hardy jeans, and a looming DUI court date.

7 Likes

You forgot the Monster energy drink.

5 Likes