🛫 Cannabis Travel & Tourism - experiences/advice/tips

Cannabis laws are changing more rapidly than ever and will likely remain in flux for decades(IMO :wink: ) but many places that were once “no-go” are now options.

Where have you been? :man_shrugging: Where would you go? :world_map: Places to avoid? :male_detective: Please share your stories & wisdom. :herb: :luggage: :smoking: :+1:

:herb: :globe_with_meridians: :herb: :globe_with_meridians::herb: :globe_with_meridians::herb: :globe_with_meridians::herb: :globe_with_meridians::herb: :globe_with_meridians:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Maine my lil brother and son live up there and grow ill be up there next spring growing to my full potential i have alot of “quality control” peeps here im going to become a snowbird.lol

3 Likes

I know Michigan is in the process of approving consumption centers. Which to my understanding would be a benefit over many of the states that have legal cannabis but for tourists it can be hard to find a place to consume legally. I don’t know the current standing but I remember that being an issue in Colorado when they first went legal. You could buy it and have it but couldn’t consume in public and hotels didn’t allow smoking and the places that would allow it would way over charge.

6 Likes

Since legalization here (Canada), we have bought national park and provincial park annual permits and have made it our mission to smoke up in as many as we can. It’s really something sitting above the treeline in the Rocky Mountains, smoking organic herb with your family. Also cool tripping back in history standing where Acadian settlers broke the land 400 years ago, smoking a doob right where they may have been growing their hemp. We can’t wait till covid and customs weed questions are done, so we can do the same with natural wonders in the U.S. ! banff 2020 small001

7 Likes

@Cannasaurusrex

Sounds like a plan! :+1:t4::+1:t4:

Stay Irie! :sunglasses::desert_island::dash:

1 Like

Interesting thread. I have been thinking about this topic and staring a thread as well.

I have traveled to Canada pre legalization and it was already fun to smoke there. Vancouver and Victoria island.

As mentioned, regarding Colorado, though it is legal you can’t smoke it except in lounges. It is a weird experience to be huddled into a room just to smoke and this is the only option. Tetra was nice, they had an indoor and outdoor option. The mile high 420 of 2019 was just perfect weather. Prices were the cheapest here.

In California, there were no lounges (might have changed now). All I can say about Cali is Jungle boys.

Same with Nevada and Arizona, no lounges. Wild West as far as smoking. If you hit Vegas, Planet 13 is fun. Cannabiotix was one of my faves out there.

Also, smoked in the Philippines. Mostly imported Canada strains, first time I saw tuna Kush was in Manila. Hoping to have more smoke sessions in Asia. Waiting for Thailand or some people there to connect with some herb.

Stay Irie! :sunglasses::dash::desert_island:

2 Likes

You know what’s weird? You can smoke weed anywhere you can smoke cigarettes in NY except in your car. Oh, the irony of getting out of your car to smoke lol. Last week I went to an outdoor happy hour, smoked out in the open!

5 Likes

Sounds awesome! I hope to visit the east coast green states soon. :clap::clap::partying_face:

2 Likes

Check this out. I was at the same happy hour tonight, we had weed out on the table, the town supervisor was at a table adjacent to my very large group of friends. When the waiter brought our assorted snacks he said “Enjoy your marijuana”. Just fuking crazy how legal it is.

3 Likes

“That’s a bit redundant but thanks anyway, I guess?” :rofl:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Blz =Hi @cannabissequoia … Here in Takefire cove ( Enseada de Botafogo) … Rio de Janeura … 23° S

fIRST and only … Coffeshop in the country … Decent pressed Paraguayan …10 cents a g … Third grade Colombian … Half dollar /g … Tangie 1 dollar and a half … Fish scales coke … 10 $ /g …

Beer long necks = 1 dollar … All the best Churrascos you can eat … 25 bucks …

Stayng in my house … we can talk about >>>

8 Likes

:raised_hands::clap::heart:

1 Like

San Francisco
It’s legal to smoke here lol,if you don’t mind a bunch of crazy homeless people,people just shit on the streets here they have a shit app,you spot a human shit on the street take a photo and post it lol
Sf spends millions every year cleaning it up,

I live in a pretty good neighborhood called the sunset 30 minute walk to the beach ,

My sister and her 2 friends came for a visit last year

Some naked blood walked passed them carrying a briefcase the screams of the 3 of them priceless

There’s a 100 pot clubs in this city I don’t even know how they make money ,they charge you tax on your weed,another reason I grow my own

4 Likes

First time I was in SF around 85 I was stunned when a saw someone just drop their drawers and take a shit. Like WTF SF, I’ve lived around NYC my entire life and while the subways stink, I never not once (except in the Borat movie) saw someone drop a deuce like that.

4 Likes

I remember one night I was doing bouncer in the crazy horse strip club lol
I went side for a smoke this bloke walks up
To me pulls his trousers down and drops a big ass turd in front of me lol,I was in total shock fucker didn’t even wipe his ass lol walked off like nothing happened

2 Likes

Well that settles it! Everyone’s going to San Francisco! :partying_face: :poop: :camera_flash:

:rofl:

Not even!

Last time I was there, maybe 10 years, I was waiting at a stoplight & suddenly hear “YOU’RE NOT AN ASTRONAUT!!!-- YOU’RE A TWELVE-YEAR-OLD-GIRL!!!” from a typical SF resident who was shouting angrily & shaking his fist, in the general direction of another dimension, somewhere in the middle of the intersection. I think he was ambassador for the neighborhood, possibly the supervisor. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree: No thanks!

2 Likes

I used to live in the hood lower Haight street,remember one night my mate got
Mugged couple doors down from my apartment
Took his clothes and money lol banging on my door in his shorts lol,then I moved to a warehouse down beside pac bell park,had a huge warehouse to myself

Then they started to retrofit it for earthquakes they were digging the place up to put huge I-beans in got sick of that moved out to the sunset up beside golden gate park I’ve been here since

Still loads of crazies around here but most of them know me because I’m always walking the dogs lol they don’t bother

Me and the wife are just sitting back,waiting to see what our next
Move is,she still has 15 years before she can retire,
I can work anywhere since I make musical instruments,and make sausage

She’s hates it here at the minute with all this Asian hate crimes going
On

3 Likes

San Francisco is a trip. I was there in 2016 visiting family while making my way to Canada. I say Vancouver beats San Fran and now that they are legal I will look into owning property there.

San Fran bud, like Las Vegas bud is expensive! Maybe highest pricing in the current markets. I got a green solutions “medical card” :rofl:. 2016 pre rec for Canada and Cali. Look at them now :heart_eyes:.

I visited Apothecary and BASA among others I can’t remember. What I do remember is coming out of the swanky Apothecary dispensary and my girlfriend sitting in our convertible was shocked because just seconds before I walked out a crack head threw his bag down and was yelling at her then split the scene.

I forget the street numbers in Vancouver but, there is a slim distance between drug strewn alleys and everyday businesses. Take the wrong turn and it’s like walking dead. Never seen anything like it.

Some photos from San Fran 2016. I’ll share some from Canada another day. I laugh at how crazy different packaging and handling is now vs then. @anon98660487 None of what I purchased in San Fran was much better than what I grow. Jungle boys on the other hand…

image image image image

4 Likes

I used to do security in a pot club when it first became legal in Cali that’s how I got the Romulan and purple Urkle seeds got friendly with a vendor,I haven’t been in one since way to expensive then charge you tax on it,you can buy an ounce of weed on the street for $180 if you know the right people,the lady who owned the pot club told the city lies said she was selling creams
And stuff not weed lol feds closed her down 6 months later,went to work one morning their was yellow tape on the doors

3 Likes

In North America I wouldn’t worry about it too much. The only place I was a bit worried was Texas but just be smart and no big deal. Alabama was a little sketchy too

I wouldn’t smoke just out on the street that’s for sure.

If you are going to other countries it’s a good idea to learn just a little bit of the native language. It’s just a sign of respect and that goes a long way. Even if you suck just trying will open doors for you.

In French and Spanish the vous/usted variation is essential to learn. Remember that you are a guest and you should do fine.

2 Likes