Cannabonzai anyone?

Anybody here fiddle around with it? There’s a reddit thread devoted to the art. Some amazing plants. Here’s a few of mine. Both autos. Braapzia 1.0 was a mephisto freebie. 2.0 was mephisto

IMG_20220202_180439664_HDR IMG_20220130_092700891_HDR purple nuggets.

36 Likes

This was my latest attempt.IMG_20230311_181036183_HDR

18 Likes

Here is a GG4 RIL male I did last year.

21 Likes

I love bonsai. None of these are mine, just photos I like.

18 Likes

Nice ass work bro! :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

So dope! I love this

3 Likes

A couple more bonsai plants I’ve done.

12 Likes

Hey there, nice to see you on overgrow. I actually stumbled upon your Braapzia inspired me back when you originally posted it. I have grown a handful of bonsai since then. I currently have 3 in the works. Been growing them a long time but their final form has not come to me yet. You can see my first try in my "Ancestral Skunk Bonsai that got out of control” thread.

I have a root over rock experiment and a couple others I will take photos of soon.

10 Likes

How do you do those?Is It possible with an autoflower?I love Them!I got Just One sprout in a solo Cup,how can I achieve bonsai structure?

Lots of training and pruning. These plants can take so much and keep growing. I am a complete noob at bonsai but it is so fun. I have oversimplified the art greatly but time and training is most of it.

Some people prune the roots as well to try and keep them small. It was much easier to feed them liquid nutrients in these small containers. Now that I am all organic I have a bit more trouble keeping them fed in such small pots.

You asked how to achieve bonsai structure… First decide what you are going for. There are many named forms of bonsai but I just experimented rather than go for a specific form. If you Google bonsai forms you shall see diagrams showing many of the popular forms.

Yes it is also possible with autoflower and many of the bonsai cannabis online are autoflowers.

3 Likes

Funcional bonsai.
I never seen a cannabis bonsai live

2 Likes

Looks cool i will have to do one

2 Likes

I love these. I have one I’m gonna try along side my other new bonsai starters.

2 Likes

Just found out about cannabonzai. I have a bunch off old giant castles, bridges and mountains for fish tanks. I’m thinking about doing a full season massive cannabonzai. Has anyone tried this before?