Cannatrol users

i have zero experience with hash making but now that i have the cannatrol i was thinking about touching this water also , im a sponge i just cant stop absorbing its like curiosity but with the need for understanding

2 Likes

One of the best things Ive ever done is get a washer and bags. It’s a little time consuming, but being able to take 2 hits, and be high, is a lot better than smoking 1/2 a joint and smelling like a pot factory. Especially being a part business owner.

2 Likes

i love hash but its so rare in my area most of it is trash almost shoe shine kinda stuff
but once in a while we get lucky and have decent stuff pop on the market

1 Like

Your Cannatrol order is now complete! Order on 03/25 Shipped 04/14. I will be using this in a couple of weeks on some Purple Flamingo.

8 Likes

Dang, almost 3 weeks on that one. When they say they are backed up, they aren’t full of it.

2 Likes

I am 3 + 1/2 days into first dry cycle with a small plant ~ about to enter cure mode. The room smells lovely ~ not sure how some of you are not smelling anything? Maybe the plant I’m drying is extra stinky? The Mrs. asked if I was vaping in the room.

4 Likes

Welcome to the OG @bpk419 and the Cannatrol Users thread.
I have only faintly smelled anything from my unit, and it was the tray being filled up, not from the machine itself. I would imagine that some of the smellier strains, you might smell a little bit.
My wife always complained about my dry room, but haven’t heard a peep out of here since I’ve started drying with the Cannatrol.
At 3 1/2 days, you should only have to empty the tray 1 more time, then hopefully smell will be gone.

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome Kgrim! I love the emanating aromas, not once have I detected a hay or grass smell, just sweet chem funk. I have it set up in the living room and concerned for offending the non-smoking wife when she’s working from home several feet from the box, but so far so good!

I barely 1/2 filled the unit with a small plant using 3 trays. I’m going to pack it in a week or so and hopefully it can stay put in the main living area.

Cheers~

3 Likes

Mine sits in the living room, right next to the couch. I had the family over 2 days into a run, and no one said anything about the smell. They did mention the smell when I went into the basement to smoke on the bowl of hash though, LOL

5 Likes

My basement was just too cold right now @58*. The unit could only hit 67.2 and I wanted to make sure it was doing what it was supposed to, so I have it in the living room for a bit. |
If I go sniffin’ around the seal I can catch some smell.

2 Likes

if i find the drying too fast how does one slow it down

Update:

Ordered 04/09/2023 ($1726 out-the-door, UPS)
Shipped 04/28/2023
Arrived 05/04/2023

Arrived in great condition, and just in time for chopping my Jinxproof Go Time. Set it up, plugged her in, loaded her with 2.3 pounds wet, and hit the start button. I went straight from the plant, wet trimmed (loosely). I left all settings stock.

Currently sitting at:

• 67.8F Dry Bulb
  • 59.1F Dew Point
  • 73% Humidity

We shall see. I’ll be keeping a close eye on things, as anyone who dropped this kind of cash would. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

12 Likes

No you shall see , we already know :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Keep an eye on that drain pan. It needs to be bigger and easier to remove. I think I’m gonna 3d print something at some point.

3 Likes

Is a pain to remove isn’t it …. I ran tube to bucket behind unit :sunglasses:

6 Likes

anyone ever just try loading one pan with and stuff a bunch inside lol ? might be able to get 5 lbs wet inside it that way haha

1 Like

Thanks! I pulled 3 fluid ounces of some really dank water out of the tray this morning (I’m all about the metrics :sunglasses: ). Obviously that rate will ramp down as the plants dry, but yeah, that tray could certainly be bigger.

And I have the wife over here daring me to drink it, LOL.

2 Likes

Ha! That is a very fair point. And so far, I’m liking what I’m seeing. :slight_smile:

LITFA…all ya gotta do

2 Likes

I got mine preemptively and at the moment it’s just holding some I already had dried and what I grind. Late June will be when my 100 day haze plants will be done and I’m really looking forward putting it to its intended purpose. Glad I did since the line and delivery times are growing it seems.

Still waiting for some wizardry from the crowd who bragged they could make their own much better and cheaper :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face: all I hear is crickets.

6 Likes