Cannavore Selections

Yes it’s originally from H&L! I got these at F4 from a friend. The F5 is already stable, it’s for a fresh generation so I don’t lose the line. It’s highly inbred and losing vigor at this point but also contains terp gold lol. Waltz is personally my favorite purple and I say this as someone who doesn’t like purps.

I have the F5 which I will be making into F6, I’ve got various hybrids I did like GSC, Animal, GMO, Giesel x Dawgs Waltz, and the Poodle Nuts cut wouldn’t be hard for me to grab so ultimately what I’d like to do is a backcross to try and restore some vigor without losing any of the beautiful purple gassy funky grape skittles terps and fun high associated with the Poodle Nuts/Dawgs Waltz.

8 Likes

H&L was just on a podcast talking about how he had to go back to Appalachia F2 because when he tried to work the line any farther than F3, it lost something.

6 Likes

@CocoaCoir Yeah for sure. I think something similar happened to Bodhi with his Goji F3 male as well as his worked Deadly G variant of 88 G13/HP.

Luckily with the Waltz seed generation I have I think vigor is it’s number one flaw. It simply can’t keep up with other strains in a multi strain run and always gets drowned out by the more vigorous and/or stretchy stuff.

There’s two main genotypes. A green type that tends to lean towards Tres Dawg and raunchy afghan smells grows more straight up and down with broader leaves (the less desireable IMO), and the purple types that sport multiple shades of color, grow more urkle bush-y that have that lip smacking loud gassy skunkish juicy grape skittles candy terp profile.

There are also OGKB looking inbred (& mostly sterile) mutations that pop up too. People like to flex these mutants but outside of the OGKB cut and direct traits from that cut, plants that have that ducksfoot cookie look are usually dogshit and discarded in my garden.

The GMO x Dawgs Waltz F1 had a bunch of nice plants that I thought were practically DW on roids due to the GMO vigor injection. Terps were a little different (doughy grape skittles gas) but with a little backcross magic and some time n work it seems like something that can be done.

9 Likes

yeah sometimes it seems the dank funk and the herm are linked lol. for future pirate sweat needs i’ll be working my Garlic Sweat. in my opinion it exceeds Bodhi’s cut, which has many valuable traits but tends to fall flat (at least for me) when it comes to smoking the bud. it was almost always my last jar grabbed. much preferred the hybrids.
radio ridge nursery recently ran some garlic sweat and they confirmed my feelings on it too, that it’s a winner!

7 Likes

Slush Puppy about a week after up potting, into my fully ferted mix.

Pirate Sweat x Dirty Sanchez about a week after up potting.

See ya in a couple!
webe

15 Likes

@Cannavore I was reading an old icmag thread from 2017 and saw you run SIPs, Alan Adkisson style. You still running sips? Stop on by the sip thread and say hey! Would love for you to join us!

10 Likes

on the come up! looking good @webeblzr

@CrunchBerries yeah man ive been lurking lol. i mainly use earthbox juniors for keeping healthy moms but sometimes i flower in them too. like this last run for example i had 6 ebox jr’s in a 5x5 to replenish the jars!

7 Likes

Nice! Well if you ever get a wild hair, stop on by and say hey. Always fun to see what others are up to!

5 Likes

Black triangle x counterfeit kush :

Well they’re just frigging loving loving life. The multiple hail storms and thunderstorms and heat waves have only seemed to bolster their growth, even the couple that took some hits came back, the one that I thought was a goner came back looking like a plant from clone and not from seed so that one could be a stunner, I find the ones that I put through their paces young tend to outperform their pampered bretheren.

Edit: those yellow spots are sunlight!

11 Likes

Chembucha grown by @advancedbuffalo and being sampled by me =D
smelling awesome. i can just feel and see the Wookie #7 in the nugs. smells have been bolstered by the dad… screamin’ sweetish citrus piney chemicals! some nice east coast green weed lol.

that Wookie #7 mom from Bodhi is something else when it comes to unique & elite level cannabis aroma. one of those plants that barely smells like weed to my nose. like tropical effervescent grapefruit and piney sour lavender vines!
when i named the hybrid i made with her (Chembucha) I was drinking a lot of Kevita Grapefruit kombucha and the nose just happened to be super similar to the plant, the name kinda just flowed off the tongue lol.
she’s just an absolute olfactory stunner! hoping to score that momma back to work with her some more. hands down one of my favorite smelling plants.

26 Likes

Just an update of my Cannavore plants. Slush Puppy is up first!

Pirate Sweat!

Still slugging through veg time, soon though, so soon!

10 Likes

@Cadizzles :love_you_gesture:
@webeblzr the bottom right PS S1 x DS looks like a PS leaner so far.

so far so good you two! thanks again for poppin em!

6 Likes

Don’t have much going on outside this year besides some volunteers. This is either CK F3 or one of the CK crosses, perhaps Trinity x CK. Big ole stems and broad leaves. Unfortunately a male though, chopped em today.

11 Likes

Trinity is one I remember fondly from my west coast days! Some of my greatest adventures were accompanied by a big ole bag of Trinity. Still one I’m looking to find again!

6 Likes

It’s still up in the air whether this is the real Trinity or not. Nspecta/CSI showed it to guys who grew it in the 90’s and they said it looked legit. Matt Riot did something similar and the people he showed it to said no. So it is what it is for now. Being an east coaster I have no prior relationship with the Trinity, I just enjoy whatever this plant I have is!

9 Likes

"My boys in Mendocino who have grown the authentic Trinity clone from Eugene, OR since the mid-late 90’s verified this cut of Trinity as the Original…for what it’s worth.

The history of Trinity has no relation to OGK…but it shares similar genetics to the plants my friends and family were growing in the 80’s and 90’s around the Emerald Triangle. This fellow Shaver (RIP) was buying pounds down in Southern Humboldt back in the early-mid 90’s and bringing them back up to Eugene…he found some seeds in these Humboldt pounds and sprouted them…his keepers he named Trinity, Snow, & 4way. Shaver worked for/with Jerome Baker, in the early years, and shared the cuts with the studio of 40+ glass blowers. The Trinity cut spread from there. It has no solid genetic background obviously…just another bagseed find…same as all the other bag seeds from Afghani, Pakistani, Indian, Thai, Mexican, Columbian, etc…weed."

post i had saved from Nspecta on the subject

19 Likes

Was the Trinity very skunky? Do you have beans of it or crosses. Been chasing Shoreline for a while. Actually have a Shoreline cross coming from Matt Riot. Hoping they get here soon. Been 8 days.

5 Likes

I grow with LED’s and organic coots mix and it usually comes out smelling like a skunky dank imperial ipa… skunky almost litter box kinda smell, citrus, hops, rubber, gas, sweet malty musk etc… definitely an old school smell profile but not rks or whatever the old stories claim. maybe by the standards of back in those days.

i have the cut and have made seeds with it.

the info i have from a homie is that shoreline def stinks but is very mid in terms of smoke/potency. hopefully you find something you enjoy!

10 Likes

Some other random Nspecta posts I’ve had saved lol. They are from a private forum that is no more so I may as well share them somewhere haha

Chemdog Greg/Mass G is responsible for the Tahoe OG=Chemdog S1 story…no truth to it at all. Swerve ran with Greg’s story and popularized the bullshit.

IC collective is Greg’s “Tahoe” buddy who is responsible for the Tahoe OG…It’s just an OG Kush cut…no direct relation to Chemdog. IC told me the whole story in person and the story has been substantiated by others in the circle.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Back in 1988, if memory serves, Chris Giauque smuggled 50 Sensi Big Bud seeds home to Salmon Creek/Humboldt from Amsterdam. That was the year Big Bud won the Cannabis Cup. Chris grew out those seeds and his personal selection became known as Salmon Creek Big Bud. The Sensi Big Bud seeds were hybrids of the Pacific NorthWest Big Bud clone and Skunk #1.

On an extended tangent…Grandaddy Purple is supposedly Purple Urkle x Salmon Creek Big Bud…coincidently Ken Estes sourced his GDP roundabout Salmon Creek in Southern Humboldt.

Chris Giauque went missing in 2003 during a routine marijuana transaction of sorts. It’s almost like he took the SCBB with him…RIP Chris.

17 Likes

I have Trinity in veg right now and hoping to get it into flower in the next month or so.

Stem rub is very skunky, hope it keeps some of that into flower.

18 Likes