Carty's Gabagoo Preservation

Decided to open a thread here to discuss my creation a bit further and on the right subject topic. Breeding. or in my case, pollen slinging… hehe.

Years ago I took on 2 main auto projects, this one and Gabagoo, which I’ll discuss later.

Blue Vangoo is being grown out atm, my last 4 seeds of it in pure form so fingers crossed we get a male.

Blue Vangoo - Kush Van Stitch by breeder Stitch. I chose this strain, and actually bought it from Flash Seeds, a rarity for me… It was one of the best offered in Reg/Auto so I could search for males… I used 2 males.

16 Likes

Now, not all the seeds shown were used, just the W.C. OG x Cash Crop by Sweet was used and hit with the KVS pollen to start the big pheno search for keepers… I hit a very big girl as you shall soon see…

Began in 2015… this is around 2017 a bit along in the process… sorry, but I had to dig up this info from another site who still had it… apologies if I miss anything…

pheno 1

pheno 2

Later in life you can see why I love this cross and look forward to working it

Here is the Kush Van Stitch female grown out in the search for males used to hit the W.C. OG x Cash Crop (515)…by Sweet. what a combo.

17 Likes

Studying closely as you share.

Thanks for sharing your journey.

M

4 Likes

You can see there is a dominant sativa influence.

2 Likes

Best wishes for these last 4 beans.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Nice!!! Following CLOSELY…! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for the interest… it’s funny when I think about it. Blue Vangoo was one that got created and then forgotten about like a few others… Sniper, Lemon Drop, Bullet Tooth. I grew out Gabagoo and forgot about the others…

However, of all the others… this is the one I’m most excited about and a big thanks to Dr Gonzo for returning these 4 to me so I could do this project and so he doesn’t have to…
Blue Vangoo 4 days old feeding #1 of 2 of Voodoo Juice, and first 2wks in Flowering…
Day 4 they look healthy and very similar to one another… nice

12 Likes

Yeah Tejas, the Kush Van Stitch strain gets some nice size to her… the W. C. OG grows like that, very similar to the SFV OG… tall, lanky, fills in late…
For size you definitely want to find an auto that is Sativa dom and takes almost a month to show sex… it may take 80 days to finish but the last 3wks you’ll crap yourself and she fills in…

8 Likes

The 1 week update.

I like the looks of #4 and #1. #4 for sure a possible breeder

8 Likes

Very nice! Curious about progress…

Stay tuned for weekly updates and then some… At this point I’m debating on just what to do. I’m doing a preservation run on my Gabagoo actually, so the pollen I was gonna be flinging was the Gabagoo.

Question is. Do I just go ahead and cross my Blue Vangoo and Gabagoo together… you know, to make: Blubagoo, Mr Blue Goo, Blue Goo… or just
Blue Gabagoo. oooh, I know, Gabablue. hahaha… pothead.

Having fun…

5 Likes

So you have only run the blue Vangoo once before? Is the gabagoo stable enough to define itself in a cross?

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

Correct… but I had others test it and even take her to F2 stock. Gabagoo is proven and has a following on Colorado… Argo has been running it for some time… check out Argos Gardens
These Gabagoo seeds are from F3 stock…

I think the Blue Vangoo is gonna be killer… and BIG
1 week old, nice

6 Likes

Yes, I think it sounds pretty good :grin:. You should do the cross! With the name blue Vangoo I immediately thought something that would rock out my van :yum:…just need to get a van…lol. I want to see where this goes…but you’ll have both sets of beans, so do it; especially if the gabagoo is expressive!!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

Nice grow matey. Here’s a pic of my flash seeds onyx. Day 70 and not flowering. Towers over the light next to it

5 Likes

Seems like it’s not gonna autoflower for ya. Flip lights to 12/12…

3 Likes

Yeah I think I’m Gunna clone it and put all the clones outside for summer. I sprayed a Mephisto Skywalker to cross over it. But might cross it over for stomper instead

1 Like

Might as well… Onyx is supposed to be stellar… plus her bottom needs to be really cleaned up to improve air flow… so it’s a win win… lol

2 Likes

Sorry about dropping the ball on this one… I thought at my age I could still use my fist as a hammer and pulled muscles in my shoulder and elbow/arm… over a week to mend. Mental note… duh uh

Okay… the journey is a few weeks in and I’ve culled a few plants… first male that showed sex did so at age 12 days. grrrr. to soon for my liking. but kept him around just in case… 6 days later another male Gabagoo showed up to play, the strain I’m using to breed with as it’s also involved in Blue Vangoo’s daddy…
so I culled the early male and kept the one showing sex later… this hopefully develops into an auto that shows sex around week 3 as a female giving it time to veg bigger…
The Male at Day 23

d
The Gabagoo female I chose is a nice bush of a plant and showed sex right at 3wks, so. tonight I did some leaf tucking to assure pistols are exposed as the male begins to lean with pollen.

leaf tucking, less stress as I already just removed small set of upper leaf’s…

Here are 2 Blue Vangoo, totally opposite phenotypes… one showed sex fast like the Sour60 side does, short squat super icky sticky plants… just small…
the one on the right leans towards the Kush Van Stitch and her seeds should grow nice 3 to 4 ft plants… being double potted she is being robbed of many characteristics I see hidden within… KVS is a stellar strain by Stitch…

trimmed up and pulled apart to assure these get loaded with seeds… not buds for smokiing so no worries… I’m pretty happy for a small time dude.

Slower flowering of the 2 BV and my preferred pheno…

Look at how thick her stem is… to support a large plant… come on seeds…

7 Likes

Peace All. Good to see U on it still. Get better. Stay safe. Be well :call_me_hand:t5::v:t5: