CBD strains that worked for you - or didnt?

Yes!! :slight_smile: Sebring’s Revenge has seed mothers already doing well. It won’t be long and I should have 10-20k seeds to give away.

18 Likes

I just harvested a critical mass cbd…was searching to to tell if cbd is indeed present. Apparently this strain is supposed to be 5% thc and 5% cbd…not sure if you can tell cbd is in the weed your smoking as it doesnt get you high… :thinking:

4 Likes

That is great news indeed! I gave away most of the seeds I had left, and I’ve been just a little bit stressed about it :wink:

Super happy to hear that others are going to be able to experience it too. It’s definitely my favorite CBD strain so far!

8 Likes

You could look into Beam’s test for CBD…
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=349227

6 Likes

You are the most kind, humble individual I have seen here on OG, and that is saying alot. I know I’m home in this community, when I witness individuals such as yourself. What a guy.

7 Likes

So what are the effect of Sebring revenge? I have a mother with fibromyalgia, and a friend with tremendous back pain. I am reading this thread, looking for some advice to help them.

3 Likes

It depends how you use it, if you smoke the buds it’s very relaxing and helps with sleep. If you use it as an RSO and ingest it it helps with pain considerably for me the family and pets. Definitely reduces inflammation, and improves sleep.

8 Likes

RSO? So, that would be the way to deal with pain, I can make butter… OK. I saw another good thread about topicals too. I can try that also. Thanks man. Family and good friends, I want to approach with some solutions.

5 Likes

Rick Simpson Oil, concentrated extract using alcohol to remove the CBD resin.

3 Likes

I’ve had good results with catatonic Perkins cut nice calming smoke great taste good yield smells good ,just a all round decent cbd weed.

5 Likes

The best I have had so far was acdc cbd strain. Got it from a local dispensarie when we were still med and not this combined heap of crap they call recreational.

3 Likes

I bought some high cbd stuff from the dispensary a while back and didnt care for it at all. Made me feel really tired and shitty. Last night i went to a local gas station and seen they had these purehemp raw pre roll cones. They had white widow, pineapple express, and cookies. I bought one of the cookie pre rolls for 12$ and took it over to a buddys for a cookout. A few of us smoked about half of it on his porch and ill tell ya what. We all agreed that we felt awesome. Super social, relaxed, and it took almost all my shoulder pain i been having away. Im defiantly gonna be puffing these on the reg. I dont care what anyone says though about cbd being non psychoactive. That shit definitely gives you a trippy/spacy buzz. Im a fan fosho.

4 Likes

Right on @anon32470837. Really good to see. Cuz, Sadly there is very little credible data out there on CBD chemovars/cultivars and which specific ailments they help.
If you havent heard it yet, Id highly recommend you listen to Shango Los talk with Kevin Jodrey on how they developed the first cbd dom variety in America.
Its in my opinion some of the best, most credible data out there you will find. Its been a good year since Ive searched up whats new in CBD, so things could be diff now.
You Tube link:

Also, if you dont know who Kevin Jodrey is yet, I highly recommend you need to.
Good luck.
4 Likes

If that works, that would be amazing. I was thinking I should grow out some 1:1 since that seems to be popular with patients, but I didn’t have any way to test it.
Posted by Douglas Curtis at the icmag link.

The cannabis community needs an economical, simple, easy to replicate, accurate, home CBD test.

Here it is… (full details and photos)

In a nutshell:

1 Dram vial
Add 500mg sodium hydroxide
Add 35mg dry cannabis (or same approximate SIZE, wet sample)
Half fill vial with 91% isopropyl
Shake 2 minutes, making sure everything is moving
Fill to shoulder of vial with 50% isopropyl
Shake 2 minutes
Add 250mg activated charcoal GRANULES
Shake 2 minutes
Let sit 2 minutes
Done

click the icmag link if you want to see the photos of the results and read the whole thing. :point_up_2:

7 Likes

Yes it works, I’ve done it a couple of times. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

@ReikoX Awesome! I was questioning the method - NOT you. :slightly_smiling_face:
Does it give you any idea of the % from the color of the solution or is just a pass/fail?
Do you have any experience with the Pennywise CBD strain? Supposed to be 1:1 I think. But I don’t know how that ratio would hold up once you start making seeds. I wonder if it would be better spread through clones?

@Pawsfodocaws

2 Likes

The reaction is really just an indicator that there is CBD. If you are careful with your measurements, you can tell a slight difference in color, with darker having more CBD.

This post I did some testing of both THC and CBD.

4 Likes

I highly suggest the legal hemp you can get these days that are federally legal. The websites generally have fire sales every now and again where you can buy ounces for about a dollar a gram and it is totally a godsend! I do not like plain thc too much it makes me feel scared and panicky even though nothing is going on. I think thcv and maybe cbdv are necessary for me to keep my head on my shoulders instead of let the panicky feeling have me float away and you can read the COAs to find the right strain for your needs. I think I prefer about 4:1 cbd to thc to keep me medicated. I highly suggest people explore cbd/cbg and hemp!

2 Likes

If you smoke a joint that doesn’t get you high at all, but takes your pain from a 7/10 down to a 2/10 and drops your stress/anxiety level by several notches - then you can be pretty darn sure it has very high CBD levels (and virtually no THC).

In my experience, I can’t really “feel” CBD until the dosage is quite high, but once you feel it, it is quite evident.

With 1:1 strains, I can’t smoke enough of it to really benefit from the CBD the way I need to, because the THC gets me high as fuck before the CBD kicks in. With 20:1 strains, I just smoke an entire fat joint and the CBD does its job extremely well.

5 Likes

Larry,

The cross that I created and grew out recently is extremely high in CBD and has almost no THC whatsoever. It is a F1 cross between Lebanese landrace from ACE Seeds and Sweet Pure Auto CBD from Sweet Seeds. I can smoke as much as I want and I don’t feel any THC effects (I have an extremely low THC tolerance, so I would know if there was significant amounts of THC). The CBD and remarkably stinky terpenes in this cross combine to provide a very potent medication for pain and stress/anxiety.

12 Likes