Chat room 2017-2019

@Shadey Dude your level of understanding the process amazes me.

@cogitech That’s awesome work so far. Update us when she’s finished.

4 Likes

I’ve done art reproduction photography in the past and I still have all the equipment to do it. It is possible to do it indoors with 100% colour accuracy but all the pieces of the puzzle need to be put in place.

The shot I posted was taken with my iPhone, with the painting on her bedroom floor, in poor lighting. So, yeah - complete shit.

1 Like

Will do. Maybe I’ll get out my gear and take a proper photo.

2 Likes

Its like anything in life including growing, everything is a set of procedures, which with practice you learn, the more mistakes and practice you do the better you get. Colour theory and psychology helps a lot in understanding how we see things and how colours affect one and other. I just wish I could grow as well as I paint, another 20 years of making mistakes to catch up with my painting. :joy:

4 Likes

I usually take my pics to my buddies who uses an Ipad. They have an extremely good camera for artwork. Yeah if you have the right technology you can get good pics indoors, I dont I have a old sony 8.1 mega pixel.

1 Like

I do have a painting thread on here, showing step by step how I work. I use aibrushes and normal brushes.

3 Likes

I get paid to sit down, yep.
It’s a good lark really.

2 Likes

:grin:I knew it , I bet you are one of them Fancy Bidet testers LOL:grin:

3 Likes

Hell yeah dude, I’ve been glued to it. You motivated me to stop bullshitting and start practicing again. I’ve ruined like three new pictures already as opposed to zero in the six months before that. :grin:

3 Likes

Lol so long as you are learning from your mistakes, its all good.

4 Likes

Wishing all my OG family a very merry Christmas!
Hope you all have a fantastic day.

9 Likes

:fire: :fire_engine: Hang in there Australia! :persevere: :muscle:

:christmas_tree:

7 Likes

Happy new year all.
I couldn’t even crack a beer until a little while ago, a little dusty :wink:
On the up side, I don’t think this unit complex will ever be the same, not that we’re likely to be allowed back to check lol
Hope all your colas are fat and powder free!

6 Likes

Not long now mate, they should all get rained out by the end of the month.
We’re expecting a big rain around the middle of the year, enough to cancel this bloody drought at least.
If the guberments weren’t so stupid, Aus would send our firefighting crews to Cali during your hot season, and bring them back with your guys during ours. Of course, a little off season burning wouldn’t hurt and make the everything a little more manageable

6 Likes

Happy New Year! I’m smoking on an oz of what I am told is purple Haze. It is very stemmy and most certainly a pure old school Thai from the bus structure and the airy, light as fuck stone.
I’m going to be starting on some improvement work to my property, including rebuilding an old detached storage room into a small studio apartment with custom grow doodads built into it structurally.
It’ll solve a problem I’ve been running into with privacy vs needing 24 hour watching due to severe seizures.
It’ll probably add 25-50k to our property value as well, and it’ll put my new medical operation further back away from any cop accessible space.
A partner of mine is going to help me make sure it’s built properly, and we’re gonna wire it up to a 50a breaker so I can live comfortably and still run 1100w plus ventilation, etc.
I’m super fucking stoked!

6 Likes

Anyone else noticing OG connection/loading very slow 1/4-1/5???

(Can barely navigate site ATM & it’s not my ISP)

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I’ve been getting can’t connect, or just loading a blank white(!) page. Only on OG, no other websites.
I was putting it down to my pos phone, or being down under. Haven’t booted my computer for nearly a week, so I can’t say if it’s my phone for sure…

2 Likes

I have had no problems loading pages.

2 Likes

I must be the only spaniard connecting to OG so no prob at all on my side, less nodes to the server than the rest …

2 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes