Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 1)

Can I humbly ask the same treatment for the original What are you listening to?, music is timeless and there is much good music there that would be buried and lost for the newcomers and rest, was one of the most viewed threads … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

:thinking: WTF is “The Mantis Zone”?

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Had the same question icon_e_confused|nullxnull and finally found out is a place reserved for adds … glare

2 Likes

I would love to… I’ve tried this approach with self-deleting posts but I’m afraid that it is not good solution technically… (deleted posts still add to topic size) and I have to go back to previous solution and that means creating new topic for each year or for few months…

The reason is technical limits of this platform. Mega topics are big drag for the server performance .
There is now hard limit of 4000 posts in topic.

3 Likes

Honestly 4000 is more than reasonable.

Somewhere between two and three thousand is when it becomes just way too big to traverse.

3 Likes

Always prefer following up on existing on topic thread or starting your own regarding the topic.

Chat topic is meant only as temporary chat. For real chat experience please use our Discord chat app.

3 Likes

Thanks, but it is not easy to connect as we are in different time, while Pedro wakes up I am going to bed and so on. Maybe just splitting long threads would be a solution, that way they can be bumped up and are not buried down like the previous music thread … :sunglasses:

1 Like

The parmesan cheese was a real eye opener for me a couple years back I read all the labels now

2 Likes

Hot and humid day here. Plants were looking sad and figured the heat and humidity was stressing them out.

Decided I’d do a light measurement and … 2300 PPFD at the canopy from the LED fixtures :grimacing:.

Oppsie. Sorry gals, that wasn’t being helpful. Raise them beasties.

4 Likes

Lol. What are you running, fluence?

2 Likes

Close. Those were under some Heliospectra as ‘supplemental’ in a Greenhouse. Even though supplemental I have them fairly close to the tops.

Sun is coming in, but not full sunlight because trees, through some glazing as well. I was eyeballing the height and didn’t expect such intensity. For some reason, I had it in my mind around that I was sitting around 800-1000 PPFD. Being lazy and all, I was clearly way off base and was a bit shocked … poor things. I was probably doing a bit damage for awhile.

That’s the highest PPFD that I’ve measured to date, had to step back. Checked the sensor, looked around the room to see if anyone was watching, sneak in a bunch of ratchet clicks … :laughing:

3 Likes

I see this and think human beings are still babies on the evolutionary scale. We’re just lobbing nuclear weapons into the air to watch em blow up using the excuse of knowledge to justify it — like a group of teenage boys and a case of Molotov cocktails, or little kids with magnifying glasses and dry wood on a sunny day.

5 Likes

Or making hand made bows and arrows, and firing lighted arrows into your neighbours trees, setting them on fire and burning down their shed, not that I would do anything like that :wink:

Big fire works, its sad when you think all these great ideas that are created in an attempt to help mankind end up being used to destroy our selves.

2 Likes

I like to think that like fire, we’ll learn how to coexist with nuclear and atomic powers without wiping ourselves out.

Practically, I think our goal as a species should be creating self-sustaining ships, and launching large city-sized colonies off in every direction. They’ll likely never run into another group of humans for the rest of eternity, but it’s by far the best chance of survival beyond the deaths of whole galaxies.

3 Likes

I think we would stand a better chance if we could clean up our act and remain here, I dont think we could move to another planet and live as we do here, due to no defence to the bacteria and viruses living anywhere else.

There has to be an evolutionary process and presence for everything living together on an individual planet, I would have thought, so if you didn’t evolve there, your basically fucked lol. Although bacteria is shown to be arriving here on comets and asteroids from all over the universe, so we may be used to some of it.

2 Likes

do you guys use PK boosters? are they noticeably effective?

2 Likes

On 4/20 me and @StevieG threw together a bunch of packs we weren’t expecting to grow anytime soon. 420 seeds into 33 packs of 13, and handed em all out irl.
Well, through a friend of a friend I got some pictures back of some babies!

Was too excited to keep it to myself.

8 Likes

Only when everything else is dialled in and they have loads of light available. Timing is crucial too, wk4 to wk7 is good :+1:

4 Likes

Don’t know where else to put this, but anyway, if I may posit an idea.

In the same way that our moon, is The Moon, even tho there are other moons. In the future I believe the earth will be The Earth, among a series of different planets in a series of Earth’s.

3 Likes

Guess we need to step up our game if we gonna overgrow them all! :smile:

5 Likes