Cherry flavors/terpenoids

Anyone seen cherry flavored equatorial/sativa varieties?

Since relocating to a humid place I’m fearing that one of my favorite plants may have too dense of a bud…which got me surmising that the various flavors maybe regions-specific.

I.e. citrus really seems prevalent in California & fuel/gassy stuff too, skunk.

Since different climates & regions present different threats & challenges to the plant, they produce different compounds in response.

I do have a cross to Durban p that would probably work but it’s a different bud, very different effect.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Not sure if this is quite what you’re looking for but I’ll throw Cherry Dragon from 7eastgenetics in the ring.

Grown it a few times, definitely saw more “sativa-like” phenos than anything, terps are great. That panama dragon is based off of panama red if I’m not mistaken.

3 Likes

My knowledge of the thousands of strains of cannabis out there is limited. Others more knowledgeable can help you more.

I know of two Sativa dominate hybrids: Black Cherry Soda is an 80% Sativa Hybrid, Goji OG is another Sativa Dominate Hybrid.

2 Likes

I would like to add cherry Chem (Fleur De Maul) it’s noted as a hybrid but of the 7 ladies we got, only one was even slightly indica leaning. The rest straight productive open eye, get stuff done buzz that seemed like it lasts forever. Swear I was going 4-5 hours between joints (that’s unheard of for me lol) and I find the addition of the Chem (a long time favourite) to the cherry pie enhanced the hell out of the cherry terps and made them taste exactly like a ripe, fresh cherry with a Chem background that is just there, not overpowering at all. I’ve actually personally thought about revisiting this strain a few times because normally sativa leaner and me don’t jive, but this was good stuff. Only wish we had kept a cut around.

2 Likes

Forgot to add the yield was way up there too, big buds, great node spacing. Checked a lot of boxes tbch

2 Likes

7East is reported to steal pictures of other people’s gear (like pipsweed) to sell his beans.

I wouldn’t trust anything they have.

FWIW I’ve never smelled weed and thought it smelled like cherries. Some tart/sweet stuff that could remind one of cherries I guess, but definitely not “cherry”.

4 Likes

@HeadyMcDank there looking for cherries

1 Like

That would be the first I’ve heard of your first comment, buyer beware if that’s the case. I’ve ordered a few times & grown everything out, everything has been as advertised.

Smelled more like cherries while growing, ended up more vanilla + lightly fruity after cure.

1 Like

Thanks brampie!

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of mean gene’s cherry work. His cherry limepop is really really nice smoke.

2 Likes

Ohhhh they are killer. Bet you love em. I’d say anything that used that now dead limepop male is, at least for me, some of the best smoke out there. It adds a sativa/feel good/rushing buzz to anything it touches it seems. I’m all out of cherry limepop stuff but I do have 2 packs of my all time holy grail the lime pop kush F3 from 2018 that I’m itching to hunt and increase. Hope you find some good stuff in the cherry limepop!! I truly think that male was magical.

3 Likes

Those r bomb too! Lpk f4 from somebodys increase …I snagged a pack awhile back…

I am about to crack into lpk x sky jaro and dubble limes… lookin to fem keepers over the summer should be sweet!

2 Likes

Seems like you’re looking for a Sponsor’s thread…

1 Like

My bad got tagged in and over excited about cherry lime! Didnt mean to hijack or step on toes…

I grew a Cherry Gar-See-Ya from Ethos and it had incredibly pungent dark cherry candy smell. I didnt expect it to smell anywhere near as intense as it did. Very distinct and made everyone go “woah”

I generally go for funkier strains but this was seriously overpowering and amazing, carried through even more into the cure & smoke and was very potent.

4 Likes

Cherry I will get there one day. Never smoked any, I assume often just subtle?

1 Like

The one I hope to continue using isn’t subtle at all. The hash tasted like boysenberry pancake syrup. :tongue:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Sounds like a treat. Perhaps they missed named it tho “boysenberry pancake syrup” sounds better than cherry and Cherry is my go-to slushy flavor. lol

1 Like

Snowhigh’s Blackberry spacewreck is supposed to have a cherry cough drop pheno and judging by the “like jumping off a mountain” high it could be classified as a cherry sativa.

2 Likes