Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

No problem at all man. I’m just happy to see you succeed :+1:

2 Likes

Good morning @Calix . I was noticing the line your using to tie your branches up.
Helpful trick cheap pipe cleaners from the dollar store. I wrap one end around the branch and the other around a hanger and give it a twist just to hold em in place. They are reusable as well, that’s what I like the most.
I too have used fishing line in the past. It can be a pain.

2 Likes

Yes it is a pain
Seemed handy at first .

Also dangerous for my kitty…

Thanks!

I bought some green gardening twist ties on a Spool yesterday while at a dollar type store. Along with my wash buckets and n Baking soda .

Seems to work a bit better

Uh oh I think I messed up
Left my big fan in the tent with the wash buds . I turned it away from them but it was still in there creating alot of air movement.

The buds feel dry …ahhhh!!!

Good thing however. Humidity is at 56 and temp 19.6C
In both dry tents.

I left a little heater on over night as I read alot of moisture creeps in over night.

The heater also worked during the day to lower the humidity in there.

I kept It on a timer of 15 min on 30 min off from 2am till 6 am .

Thanks for the suggestion. The line is horrid lol. Cheap . But horrid

2 Likes

Also.
Do you think it’s okay to dry my trim in the tent? I have it in the top of my humidity dome onto of wax paper. And just shaking it around .
It was just sitting out side room but I think it was causing a bit of odour.

1 Like

Should be okay in the drying tent. We keep material out of the grow areas to keep pests away.
If your concerned about smell, I use my carbon filter when I dry.
Your buds might seem a lil dry at first. But the moisture left in the buds will be pulled throughout. After the first day I cut all fans off except the exhaust fan.
I hope I covered everything. If not let me know.

You did help bro
Although I already do have the exhaust fan running to a carbon filter in both tents which are both drying.

I have removed the fan in one and the other one is like a 6 in USB powered fan was barely does anything.

The the trim was outside the tent and I’m pretty sure that’s what it was stinking out everything so I just wanted to know if I could put that in the tent with the other buds drying…

P.s just got my new clones .

1 Like

I fell asleep. Oh yeah sure. Putting your trim in there won’t hurt. It will be dry by tomorrow.

1 Like

It begins !!!
Lavender and rockstar just.
Unknown which is wich lol

3 Likes

And the party begins! Round two (3 if you count my failed attempt!

June 20
4 clones in party cups
Lights
18-6
1 mini oscillating fan
1 inline exhaust fan /filter
1 hygrometer

Let’s do it

2 Likes

Photo

2 Likes

Smoke report on chem91!

nice looking bud when dry, some golden tones to the trichomes. Which is odd as most of them where clear/white when alive.

Doesn’t look anything like it did when i trimmed it.

No bad taste. the buzz is much more tolerable during the day time compared to the 9Lb hammer which felt like you have a bowling ball on your head.

The new tents doesn’t need have any light leaks either. COuldnt even tell if the light was on this morning.

I’ve got the schedule lights off between 2pm amen 8pm.
.i May go back to the 20/4 i used last time

2 Likes

Hahaha Bowling Ball on your head. Lol :laughing: I know the feeling.

1 Like

lol!
Bit heavy on the head

This is how the trimmed chem91 turned out. Just a lower bud I left to dry on floor or tent . Other branches still drying.
This stuff busts up great and burn some great. And super easy to roll lol

8 Likes

Super glad I have a different strain To smoke,the variety is very nice.

First dry trim

I can totally see how the dry trim would make for a nice bud. Its got a very nice crisp profile. More leaf remaining but i can just tell it will have a added taste.

Felt wrong cutting off all the leaf dried into the bud, felt like I was damaging the buds.

Looked really tasty though while trimming lol.

Smoked 3 today and was very enjoyable to smoke in joints. It stayed lit in between long pauses LOL
So thats a Good sign.

very pleasent effects.

9 Likes

If it’s just for you then there’s no need for it to look pretty. I’ve never personally done a dry trim. I plan on it soon. I do hear it dose effects the taste.

2 Likes

I’ve dry trimmed and I hate it. I didn’t notice any difference in taste. I trim the buds on the stems while wet and hang dry for 14 days. 50 - 60 RH and 65 - 70 F. Works for me.

3 Likes

Really? None? Thanks for chiming in before I went through that hassle lol. Dry trim dose seem like a pain in the butt.

1 Like

I cant taste any difference. My buds dry slowly anyway if I keep things with in the parameters I mentioned.

2 Likes

Right. I think that is the most important thing. I think some folks believe more plant material = slower dry. Being able to control your environment is key.

3 Likes

For sure wet trimming is easier, but a slow dry in a dry climate requires more plant material.

Of course, lately I don’t trim or dry. I just remove the big fans, cut the buds off the stem, and toss them in the freezer to make live rosin. :yum:

5 Likes