Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

Gave a friend a sample of the Chem91 and the 9lb hammer earlier today. He smokes a lot, mentioned there was a point he was smoking 5g a day. NOt crazy amount but definitely a lot . Enough to distinguish good herb!

And he texted me this evening that he tried the chem91 it was great and hasn’t tried othe one yet!

I mentioned i wasn’t sure what the after taste would be like and probably needs more time, but I guess it is Good to go!

I sampled the chem 91 tent floor dried stuff on Tuesday and was pretty Impressed my self, the taste still required some work at that time. Really my nice and enjoyable buzz.

Nice to hear positive feed back!! Definitely going to keep going !

2 Likes

Everything is down and dry and In jars!!
Damn that chem91 Turned out beautifully with a 7 day hang. Let 1/3 of it in a bag the last day and half.

Everything is reading 62-63. I left the reader in over ten min it’s actually saying 60 on one . Uh oh lol…time for the weigh In…looked like alot more but now it’s seeming pretty small :frowning: ready for round two now!
Thansk everyone

9 Likes

Just over 60 grams on the Chem 91 #2.

Haven’t weighed the chem91 that I washed.

Damn the buds look fabulous. What a strain!!!

3 Likes

THe chem91#1 that i washed, weighed in at 22grams dry .through just water and h2o2
and 28g dried of the baking Soda water & lemon h2o2 water wash .
50grams .

I also have about 7-8 grams in smaller jars and a ziplock that I collected over past week or two from the tent floor or cupboard to sample/dry that I did not include. + 4-5 Grams or more I have smoked or gave away in the past few weeks. so I can add another 10 on my final number easily.

So I would say 60g from each chem 91, 70 from 9lb hammer , and still waiting on the wedding cake. Hopefully chopping it tomorrow if everything looks right . WIll Be entering 9th week of flowering Tomorrow.

When you add it all up, it seems like a pretty good haul for my first time,

70+60+60

• let’s say, for safe measure, 30g From the wedding cake ?..
    Looking at 220grams all said and done!!
    And about 90 grams of trim + little nugs I couldn’t trim.

Yeeehaw!
uncut, pure , unadulterated herbal essences !!

Edit
My 4x2x5 tent housed 3 pants through flowering right To finish .

I couldn’t have gone any taller or wider .

I definitly could have allowed for some work through a trellis net to get more colas. I also could have left some more of the lower branches alone and let them produce a bit more flower. I really went to town on the branches only allowing the main colas to grow.

Not sure how much It benefited …

I live to grow again!

7 Likes

Was very impressed with my most recent light purchase l1500 maxisun which wasn’t my harvest light.

SO I Just purchased this 4x2 2000 maxisun.

Comparable to the marshydro and spider farm , not from experience, bur Fromm available info research…

This one light should do the full tent come flower .
$20 off + $40coupon.
$239 after all said an done…

Could have splurged $ 3-400for mars or spyder. But like I said, happy with previous maxisun, this upgrade will do great.

Only thing I don’t like is no daisy chain on these so more wires to run outside tent, but also only need one lights.

Will keep my blurples for VEG and my 1500 maxisun for when i split up the plants in tents.

Just wondering…

How much veg growth can I get with just any ol light? How strong of a light do you really need To grow a plant To you’re desired size , in about 6-8 weeks of veg?

Does a stronger light help in veg at all? Or just waste power consumption? Will the plant VEG larger , stronger and faster with a more power full light?

At one point should you be upgrading the light ? Mid veg?

Thanks

3 Likes

I usually didn’t add more light until flower. There is a such thing as too much light unless you have a Co2 supplement.

1 Like

Hmmm

So is this to say it doesn’t matter what light you use in veg??

I found my shitty blurple was really weak and didn’t promote much growth . Once I added the pan light , they were booming out of they’re pots.

Should I try again with Just the blurples for veg and wait to use the bigger lights for flower?

I think my issue was the lack of heat being emmited from the shitty blurples . I’m sure this time of year it will be fine.

But the winter it was hard to keep temps consistently warm

1 Like

I’ve never grown under Blurple. I really don’t know.

Right on.
I think I’ll just use them as fillers during flower to hit the dark spots as Papa said I think. But I’m definitely going to use my bigger light once the plants leave the seedling stage.

I’ve been told I can really use any light through veg I guess I’ll find out…

I’ll do a bit more research and hopefully somebody else chimes in.

How important it is for quality of light in early veg and if using a higher quality light is beneficial in mid-veg too late veg…

1 Like

Good alternative is t5 fixture or fluorescents spiral bulbs for seedlings to transplant.

Blurple led veg you need to keep cal mag consistent

1 Like

Down she comes!!!
Glad I roped it up! LOL

5 Likes

5 Likes

This is some serious pot here .not even trimmed one branch and gloves are stuck together
Wedding cake gonna take the :cake:

8 Likes

Hot damnnn…

7 Likes

SOme crazy looking flower.

I had this girl out in the garage . I did have to give this one a wash also. To be on the safe side such a simple wash , for the peace of mind. I really don’t think it will effect the product. THere was a bit of the copper spray residue on the leaves and a few traces of PM on some leafs which I cut out.

The air quality in garage not the best , lots of dust and particles , so hopefully i

I kept one branch trimmed and unwashed to see comparisons when all said and dried

8 Likes

Might get To try the wedding cake Tomorrow…might snag a twig in morning if it feels dry…
Been smoking the chem91… very nice .

Will be smoking the lemon /h2o2 wash tomorrow , got three rolled .

Don’t think I’ll notice…But chem91 Ive been smoking 5-6 joints throughout the day lol. I started off this season in April , smoking s couple tokes here and there every other day of my coworkers personal.

Now Ithat I have my own, no one has brought any in and I’ve been blazing saddles all day …lol prerolling 3-4 a night and bringing loose bud and smoking them.

The chem91 leaves a lot more reisidual thinking / over thinking In the evening. Bur smoking that’ amount of anything will do that . with the 9lb hammer I only have to smoke 1 joint and my knee pain is gone and anxiety doesn’t exist, just helps me zone out from every day stress.

I feel my first harvest of herb is too valuable to sell lol I would never get back what it costed me grow lol! Will be a few grows before I am able to recover financially to pay off equipments. Gave my buddy 4 grams of my best looking 9lb hammer buds for a trade of smt $20 value lol…$5 a gram. Don’t think I’ll do that again, unless he’s blazing hahaha I’d rather keep It for Myself and family.

Edit,
Wedding cake harvest isn’t looking big. I estimated Low at 30grams…I think I’ll be lucky to hit 25…can’t wait To get. a picture of It dry + sample it.

3 Likes

WOW! That’s wedding cake is crazy! Taste very sweet. Very rich smell . Friends we’re impressed lol as am i . Tasted like candy! That was the unwashed stuff. I hope the washed stuff stil has a good taste. Il have to wait till Friday to try it.

Wish I put more effort into the wedding cake!!!

3 Likes

This stuff reminds me of skunk from 15 years ago.
O my gadddd! Super happy. Just wish there was more LOL

very small yield but i wont complain!
Best smelling , tasting looking and effect so far!!! Not sure what I did rights here!!!

5 Likes

I got exactly 1 oz LOL
Im happy!!

6 Likes

The Wedding Cake sounds great. Where did they they come from? They were cuts right?

1 Like