Chiefer’s Den

I’m new over here. Thought I’d set up a journal where I might share some of the plants I have going. These are two of the strains I have in flower at the moment. Both at around 23 days post flip.

Two Honey Sundaes from Chucker’s Gear

Endor Score (A11g x Wookie) from Bodhi.

44 Likes

Nice :slight_smile: I grew Apollo 11 years ago

got the beans from Joey Weed on the first OG

thanks for showing us your work

Dequilo

10 Likes

Nice line up welcome aboard
Peace
Paps

4 Likes

Hey thanks, I also have a cross that is called Air Trigger it is a chuck done by one of my gromies. It’s Red Headed Stranger x Cookies N Chem. She’s on her second round, frosty, bullet proof, and smells of Garlic and Onions with copper on the back end and maybe a hint of rubber too.

4 Likes

This is my first Apollo 11 strain. I’m super pumped because I dig psychedelic electric space weed. Amnesia Haze and C99 haze x CnC are some examples that I have really enjoyed.

6 Likes

Hi chiefer : ) plants look lovely and happy in your hands

4 Likes

HI @Chiefer88!

Looks good!
Tell us a little about your grow setup.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

20” x 36” tent with a Mars sp 150 (132 watt qb style light). I am growing with coco in 1 gallon fabric pots, using GH trio nutes. Thinking of trying some living soil down the road.

7 Likes

Right size light for the tent good setup, tried and tested nutriments… I’d say you have that growing form dialed in.
Living soil is fun getting your own dialed in (using local subs. fine tuning etc.). The actual growing is going to be boring. You literally water only. I like the more natural feel to it, ok, I’m not going to see that Godzilla growth…

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Good looking plants Chiefer. Welcome to OG

2 Likes

Air Trigger (Red Headed Stranger x Cookies N Chem) aprox day 30 post flip

14 Likes

Honey Sundae around day 28 post flip

16 Likes

Whoa!! Not sure how I missed this. How’d she turn out? I love A11 and Wookie.

4 Likes

Well the run could have been better. I let the tent get crowded in the summer and started losing control of humidity. The main cola was lost to botrytis. What remains is pleasant smoke, mango and tropical fruit with a hint of cheese. Good clear headed high, not a rocket ship sativa. Average or perhaps a touch below average strength, but it could have been grown better so… I expect it will get another go down the road.

4 Likes

I keep a journal at another place as well and kind tailed off on this one. I’ll have to update over here especially as I get more OG strains going. I have a Sebring’s revenge vegging now along with a tent of chucks from gromies.

3 Likes

Been dragging this veg cycle out chasing an issue. I thought I over amended my soil, but recently started seeing fungus gnats on my sticky traps. The leaf symptoms look to coincide. I gave a root drench with insect frass and topped with DE the next day.

7 Likes

Holy smokes…I just found fungus gnats in my new bag of soil…they have been buzzing around a lot lately. My plant looks similar to yours. I also dusted the living eff out of the flower and veg rooms while empty and dusted topsoil on all plants (did a bottom feed this morning). When I put the veg plants back in I dusted the plants themselves down too. Saw some buzzing around while the dust was still lingering in the air…hoping for a slow and painful death by 1000 cuts.
I also added a fan on one side of my room that blows towards my extraction fan…hopefully push/pull the little buggers out.
Pic from a couple days ago

9 Likes

The DE will work if you start feeding from the bottom, lose its properties while contact with water. Anyway the adults still can enter through the bottom.

Here ypu can find extended info:

4 Likes

I’m in fabric pots, any tricks not to over saturate when bottom feeding?

1 Like

Yep, I think we’re in the same boat.

1 Like