Chimera Seeds

"Unfortunately, I couldn’t find much information about Chimera’s work, just a few old threads and scattered information here and there. I’ve decided to create this topic to gather everything related to Chimera Seeds! Anyone cultivating their genetics and willing to contribute will be very welcome!

I have some of their genetics, and initially, I’m cultivating a cross of Cheese x Sweet Skunk. Once it enters the flowering stage, I’ll start posting updates. I’ll add some information I’ve collected from the web to this thread, making it serve as a database as well!

Welcome, everyone!
"301552814_450972417080587_8004049260335356760_n

19 Likes

Not familiar with them
But I’ll tag along and watch

Paps

3 Likes

A-Z Breeding Stock

A

Aeric 77 (California Orange) – This is the legendary Aeric77 Calio, supposedly maintained in clone form for 25+ years. I obtained the AE77 Cali-O from Vic High; he brought me a copy unexpectedly when we met in Montreal at one point. When he gave it to me, along with the Grapefruit clone, he explained that the AE77 was passed around to various breeders on the first generation of cannabis forums as a “marker plant”, to provide a scale that we could each compare various clones against. Vic said specifically, “this plant is a 5 on a scale of 10 for all traits”, meaning flavor, smell, yield, ease of growth, etc etc etc. The point is, it wasn’t passed around because it was elite, it was passed around to offer scale/perspective to other plants we were each growing, so we could have some shared perspective of whether other plant were better or worse. More junior members of these forums, and those that developed after OG/CW etc, saw all the old timers were all growing this “special Cali-O”, and assumed it was special because we all had it, but really, it was not what I would consider as elite by current market metrics. Like Vic said way back when, she was a 5/10 across the board. I made a few hundred S1’s, but never planned to release them; they were only for in house breeding experiments.

B

BC Master Kush – What can be said about the BC Master Kush? Potent, kush-scented flowers on a quick growing plant frame that out yields most of the other kush types. Consider this somewhere along the divergent line between what is considered a ‘Kush’ and a ‘Diesel’ in today’s market, this one has a little more fuel to the fire. Makes excellent, flavourful extracts.

BC OG Kush – The now-classic BC OG Kush clone, a true broadleaf indica representation of the sweeter kush flavor profile, less fuel-y, and much more compact than the US style OG-variant. These plants are much more manageable indoors than the typical OG with her vine-like habit, and will provide a much better yield for those in smaller spaces. Incredibly resinous floral cluster with that classic kush smell the market can’t seem get enough of. Even those sick of the kush craze will want to keep these in their gardens.

BC Pine Skunk – One of the two skunkiest clones in our production stable, the pine skunk is a favourite among smokers. She possesses an exceptionally high THC content, and rich, powerful aroma high in both alpha-pinene and limonene. This is the sleepy bedtime cannabis, knock you down when all else fails cannabis- proven excellent for insomnia, migraine, seizures and pain. High resin-tenacity and overly large captitate stalked trichomes makes hash making difficult, but makes incredibly flavourful extracts and powerful edibles. Ripe and ready for harvest after 8 full weeks of flowering, benefits from early staking or other support. Don’t grow this one if you don’t have appropriate odor control in place.

BC Purple Kush

BC Roadkill Skunk

BC Special K – The “Queen” biker kush cut from Vancouver Island X Landrace Afgani from Kandahar. Same AfI dad that made Vision Thai. – bobthegrower

Blockhead – If you think that these blockhead selections are generic and the same old, you have no clue what you are talking about. I selected the best of 2 batches of 75 seeds each selected in different environments (indoors and greenhouse), the best re-run indoors for terp and cannab screening. We found some absolutely unique flavour profiles, something that actually quite surprised me knowing the genetics of the parents intimately- they outperformed my expectations of them. The other thing I really liked of these seeds was the incredible yield and flower set. We’re beefing up cuttings from some of the best for a client looking at producing on scale- the weight on some of these is just ridiculous. Even late planted seeds in the greenhouse put on the weight and didn’t rot out, where nearly everything else suffered in both size and resistance from the late-season planting. So far it seems like that trait is contributing well to the next generation, with quite a few of the maternal side leaning phenotypes showing beefier yields than the mothers. Overall I’m really quite pleased with their quality which is why they are making an appearance in the catalog.

Blueberry – This Blueberry is derived from original Blueberry, an unreleased line that also fathered DJ Short True Blueberry. Chimera was given access to the room in which DJ Short’s male selections were made. He chose several individuals personally, as well as the now deceased B130 male that DJ selected himself, and these selections are the pollen donors for the Joint Projects.
“There is variation in every pack. You WILL find the one that you are looking for in each pack as everyone has differing tastes, the one will be different for everyone. I love the mutant factor! Some of the best resin has come off of the mutants in these current releases. As far as using these strains in breeding projects-GO FOR IT. Every cross that I have seen turns out spectacular. In these new hybrids the blueberry gene is very dominant. A classic example is Chimera’s Fighting Buddha. This Burmese cross has heavy Blue line traits(foxtailing, purple stem…).” – Red from Legends Seeds
The pollen inputs from DJ were selected by me from a set of plants DJ chose from the selection run that pre-dated the TBB, F13, GK, etc releases. These inputs came as cuttings, not pollen.
The male known as B130 was but one of the plants who contributed pollen for the Chimera/DJ Short joint projects.
I did make an S1 generation from B130. None of the plant from this generation have been used for any seed release.
I hope that clarifies, There were more B130 plants in the room than any other pollen donor. If I had to estimate I’d say that %70 of the seeds fom this batch were from B130 pollen. Other pollen donors included the B133 mother of Old Time Moonshine, B25 (the mother of grape krush) and B144(?) (the mother of TBB). I’d have to dig up my notes to see which other plants contributed pollen.
-Chimera

Blue Domino (The Dom) – (Craig’s Skunk x DJ Short Blueberry) Blue Domino by Spice of Life Seeds, line bred by Chimera before breeding with it. “Just to clear the air a little, the Dom was originally a Blue Domino F1…. these select female Dom used for the Schazz crosses were from a greatly improved and stabilized F3 line. Although the originals were purchased from SOL, the quality of the mothers was due to down line selections. -Chimera

Burmese Sativa – The burmese is a really special sativa lady that was selected from true land of origin stock a friend of mine picked up in his travels to the region years back. I’m puffing a bongload right now, and it’s great pot imho! She’s very fast for a sat, and finishes in approximately 55 days in most gardens. -Chimera

Bubba Kush (Katsu) – The world famous, award winning ‘Katsu’ Bubba Kush clone known for her characteristic sweet-coffee scent and classic broadleaf ‘indica’ habit, has been crossed to our selected Jack true breeding line.* These stocky plants have excellent flavor and appeal with incredibly resinous, wonderfully scented, and colorful dense floral clusters.
Indoor flowering 8 to 9 weeks.

C

Cinderella 99

Congolese – Seeds in a brick from the congo….to the cape verde Islands……to La mano negra on Majorca island…….to Reeferman on vancouver island……Gifted to me(small brown envelope with the single word CONGO on it). 10 seeds grown out.
One selected. THE congo………

Cotton Candy – Federation Seeds. Reputedly composed of Afghani, Blueberry and possibly Haze genetics.

D

E

Exodus Cheese

F

F13

Flo

Frankie’s Incense Haze – These seeds were passed to us by a broker friend in NYC who shares our obsessive pursuit of the finest cannabis anywhere.* He would collect seeds from the finest bags of pot he would acquire in the high-end NYC cannabis market, and send them to us periodically if the flowers were truly outstanding.* In screening the Frankie’s Incense Haze seed line, we came across a Haze representative that had all the desirable qualities a Haze should possess, the smaller, thinner resin spangled flowers with a floral perfume/citrus nose that leaves an enticing scent reminiscent of the finest incense when burned.* The experience is an energetic, clear minded cerebral effect that leaves user with the ability to function during the day, yet stay medicated and pain free.* Truly exotic cannabis.
Indoor flowering 10-12 weeks

G

Girl Scout Cookies (S1) – A very limited selection of the Cookies clone from California. These S1 seeds represent a segregating generation of the original. Very high THCA content in these flowers, up to 28%. The essential oils are rich in beta-caryophyllene, limonene and myrcene, making these flowers pungent and strong in effect. We picked up every cookie cut that could be sourced in California from growers and disps alike, got our hands on cookies flowers from a cookie-fam supplied dispensary, and sent all samples to the lab for a cannab/terp fingerprint and compared each to the authentic purchased sample. From there I purged the collection of anything that didn’t show the exact fingerprint of the original, and then evaluated plants based on structure, flower set, and floral characters and selected the remaining cut that was true to type, flower character, and nose. The pinnacle cuts were selfed, and I’m now screening the S1 progeny. Expect Beta-caryophyllene dominant plants with limonene as the secondary terp, followed by a blend of myrcene and linalool in roughly equal proportions and a THCA content of approximately 28% in the flower. These are a segregating generation in which I am evaluating the homozygosity of the parental donor.

Grapefruit (Sweet Pink Grapefruit) – Grapefruit also known as Sweet Pink Grapefruit was introduced to the world by Breeder Steve when he started growing clones he found in Vancouver, BC. He got a tray of clones from an unknown breeder labeled “the only plant to grow” and used it in his breeding projects thereafter. She does excel in flavour and bag appeal, leaves some to be desired in terms of stature… but the yield is good if you get her dialed. She does have some of what I deem negative traits…. her floppy stature and tendency to pre-flower heavily when root bound being up front. Luckily, these often don’t appear in hybrid crosses and are easily removed in downline selections given proper selection pressures are applied. – Chimera

H

Hawaiian Kauai Electric/Blood – Of 22 females run and analyzed through the lab, 6 had significant levels of pinene – 4 beta=pinene dominant, with Myrcene as the secondary terpene- the 2 remaining were beta-pinene dominant with alpha-pinene as the secondary terpene and low levels of myrcene. -Chimera

Highland Mexican – The mexican used was indeed a stellar highland guerreran specimen selected from a true mexican circa ’73 (if memory serves) landrace population -Chimera
It’s technically not an F1, as both parents weren’t from stabilized lines.
The blueberry pollen was from the F4 generation (orignal stock unique to DJ Short) and the female side was a select landrace Guererran circa ’72 stock.
Landraces are heterogeneous populations of heterozygotes, making the female likely heterozyous for various traits.
As such, you’ll find a small degree of variation within the line.
-Chimera #highland #mexican #blueberry

High Test Kush – The hightest is a true OG-type, not even remotely related to Burmese. I wish I’d been around to crush that hypothesis in the beginning. We all make choices, and I’ll have to live with that one…I call her the hightest because she is among the highest THCA plants I’ve seen on a validated HPLC method, testing at over 32% THCA. Yes we ran samples multiple times to confirm the result using check standards to ensure calibration of the equipment- keep in mind this is THCA not THC, so after decarboxylation the mother is in the ~29% THC range. The nose of the hightest is OG/Diesel all the way; if you are smelling lemon sweetness it’s the contribution from the sweet skunk side of the cross. Lemon Diesel/OG plants are to be found in these seeds, with a little more brightness and lively spirit with less myrcene whack-down from the OG side of the cross. I like these plants, and hope you will as well… they outyield the OG greatly and make excellent bubble and extracts if that’s your gig. If not, enjoy the vape and soar a little.

HP-13 (Hash Plant 13) – I hope the lemon scent got in to the big ones in your selections, that’s the overall plan with this breeding project. The HP leans way in the grape scent direction, and to me leaves a little to be desired nose-wise although it’s a classic and makes incredible hash. The individuals from this cross that find that balance between yield, density and SS resin traits is where my selection focuses, although other plants also have merits- so clone what tickles your fancy and rock ’em.

I

J

Jack

The Jack Herrer line has morphed since it was first released, and the huge variation comes presumably from the poly-hybrid nature of the top cross which became ‘Jack Herrer’; it has been bred and grown by many different hands each putting their own spin on the line. Like I said above, to me ‘Jack Herrer’ is a line almost pure in terpinolene with very few other terps adding the flavour and scent, and this gives a uniquely ‘dutch’ quality to the nose… its a smell I associate with walking around between the Damrak, Singel, Lilegracht and Bloemgracht, from De Nieuw Kerk area just north of Dam Square westward to the BloemMarkt near the Anne Frank Huis. To me it just typifies dutch cannabis.

This line I call “Jack”, is obviously a little different due the the NL influence that we infused back around ’96. I recently tested a batch of old GFxNL seeds (half siblings using the same NL pollen inputs) that we ran through the grow and analytical lab, and I was amazed that such a cross could have such a uniform terpene profile/ finger print between siblings given how the GF throws such variance in a backcross population. Give or take a small degree of variance with respective terpene levels, the overall fingerprints of the siblings were almost identical- the chemist hadn’t seen such uniform profiles from any other crosses to date. This was the result of the extremely true breeding nature of the NL that was used in all of the above crosses, including being the pollen input for the line I call ‘Jack’.

Overall, as a plant, if I were to make a comparison… it would be in the same family of plants that as a class include C99. That mostly terpinolene and myrcene profile, with the little limonene spike and about equal levels of alpha and beta pinene gives a citrusy nose that some describe as grapefruit and others associate with pineapple – in fact one of the names the jack got in our group locally is PineappleJack.

The almost total lack of sesquiterps (beta caryophyllene and humulene mainly) really takes out any spicy or woody component and leaves a nose that to most, land squarely in “fruity”. It’s a clear, non-muddy experience that allows you to keep functioning, and the entourage keeps the clear-minded and functional perspective. On her own, I find the plants to be day-time smokes, and are easily tolerated by people that don’t smoke as often as some of us. They are very easy growing plants on their own, and the only real drawback from them for some is their slightly less rigid stems that can become especially floppy in low light conditions, or if you don’t have sufficient wind to strengthen the branches.

I’m not trying to confuse anyone with the name ‘Jack’, but this line is really no longer what I typify as ‘Jack Herrer’. It’s shifted into it’s own family for sure, and doesn’t fit the variety profile or terpenotype of the original. I can tell you though, that grown right, this one is productive and has irie vibes, bringing positive thought and open-minded expansion of thought…. its not dumb you down, flog you mentally cannabis. For inexperienced growers that can keep a good solid environment, this makes an excellent hybrid plant that tolerates abuse and will power through most f-ups. They tend to come in on the early side of approximately 8 weeks, which is what I consider the absolute earliest cannabis should ever be harvested. We’ve had a few limited reviews so far, but I know what these plants can do and I’m looking forward to seeing how these perform across a range of gardens; I know we’re going to see some impressive results from Jack while they last.

-Chimera

K

L

M

Medina – That funky, ol’ Medina.* Chimera collected this gem in Morocco, on a trip to investigate Moroccan varietals and collect the finest the region had to offer. From the collected seeds, very few of these plants stood out in the greenhouse, save for one plant from a Afghani/Pakistani import that had been grown in the area for over a decade.* Large floral cluster/colas on an upright frame, and an intense smell slightly skunky, but with more round, ripe fruit/raspberry notes.* She was cloned and tested indoors, and we were surprised to see she could hold her own when tested by the snobbiest of western palates.* Yield is exceptional and the quality and flavor are a quality riff on a classic broadleaf* ‘indica’ type.
Indoor flowering 8 to 9 weeks

Melody Kush – The melody kush keeps you humming all day long, the effect is like that song in your head that just won’t go away- the effect on this one lasts and lasts.* From the sweeter side of the kush spectrum with a limonene twist, these plants grow more upright and have a better habit than the typical kush phenotype, having a little more stretch and a stronger upright frame that can hold her own ample weight without staking or trellising.* Flower appeal is of the highest order; resin encompassed calyxes glisten and shimmer like large gems.* This one can hold it’s own against anything in the class in terms of potency, flavor and appeal.* All that in just over 8 weeks to ripeness?* She’s a winner in any garden.
Indoor flowering 8 weeks +

Melon Haze

Mental Floss – It’s no secret the Mental Floss series is one of Chimera’s personal favorites, our head breeder is known to fiend for days without end when hash time comes around.* The mothers’ best traits are her upright habit and structure with an incredibly strong and well-balanced frame, with self-supporting branches that point directly upward at approx. 60 degree, in the breeder’s opinion the ideal structure for an indoor plant; self supporting and ridged.* The extremely dense floral clusters possess a pungent, highly licorice-oriented scent with a subtle kush-y bottom end.*

N

Nepali Temple – This purple tinged flower selection comes from a land race grown the Nepal/India border region west of Manali. The seed was originally collected by a fellow traveller – was well versed in the hashish trade of the 60’s and 70’s – and has been propagated and cultivated pure without hybridization ever since. This seed, he said, came from the village with the best quality hashish in the region, exactly where is lost to time. What we do know is her flowers are reminiscent of the finest Nepali Temple hashish, with royal purple flower tips and a dark green hue to the leaf.

Northern Lights – Chimera line bred Sensi Northern Lights to get his NL selection.

O

P

Pure Kush

Q

R

S

Shishkeberry Red – A line bred Afghani from Spice of Life Seeds, heavily selected that yielded two distinct varieties, the Red and the Yellow.

SLK/Silver Taco – The Silver Taco /SLK came to me as a cutting, so I can’t tell you the exact heritage at the moment, but genetic testing is planned. She came in a tray from a northshore clone house, and it was a mix of 3 types… all of them excellent, but totally different. One was a real kushy fuely OG-type that is very stocky (so not a typical OG shape, but pure fuel), one a classic Afghani variant that I dubbed ‘Laughghani’- classic affi smell but more potent that any other I’ve seen, and the third I simply labelled as Silver Kush because of the market.

It’s not a kush at all in smell or in structure,; she has a high terpinolene terp profile and it probably related to a Hazier expression of the original Sensi Jack Herer that goes back to the mid-90’s. Not as much Yield as the island JH, but a really special, soft sweet piney nose. I teased the clones apart and ran tables of each, and they all made the grade based on bubble alone. The Silver Taco folds her subtending leaves in flower when you push the nutrients and makes these incredibly frosty valleys of secretory glands. Flower structure is excellent with large clusters up top and a calyx:leaf ratio that is near ideal. The stretch catches many a grower with their pants dow, so I like to bend down the main stalk so the apical the tip is about on par with the lowest side branches, and with that technique she makes excellent bushes, which although they stretch, the lower auxiliary shoots of each branch tend to stay close to the frame, making it and interesting plant to wind and bind to herself like a vine, keeping it from getting too wide.

The flowers are immensely frosty, the glands produce an exquisite essential oil that carries over well and makes lovely extracts and vape, and she has a pleasing hazy terpinolene-dominant nose that just hangs in the air. Did I mention how good the hash is? Isolate your 90u heads, you’ll be in heaven.

Soulshine – Cannabis Cowboy among others was given this clone which he named Soulshine, it was also known as the LC cross.
Genetics unknown. The Cannabis Cowboy named it Soulshine, previous it was known as “the LC cross” from those who discovered her and past it to the cannabis cowboy, among others. She’s an indica-sativa hybrid, leaning mostly towards the indica profile in stature and flowering time. Mid-density nuggets, very similar to grapefruit (the BC sweet pink grapefruit) in scent, flavour and effect. More purpling in the flowers than graprefruit, showing purple striping on the calyxes. She performs best in a greenhouse situation with the photoperiod induced with a blackout tarping system, but is also suitable for indoor cultivation. Not suitable for northern climates but the jam has performed well in Oregon, California and latitudes closer to the equator. Definitely a good hash producer with the 90u, 73u and 45 being the most sought after grades… make sure to run your trim.
“The soulshine also has some major colouration in the later flowering stages although more on the red/purple spectrum rather than the blue/purple of the BB. The Calyxes on the soulshine leaning variation should have a candy cane stripe once they are fully mature. I recommend cleaning all the small inside buds out early on for some truly trophy sized tips and tops” - Cannabis Cowboy on phenotypic variation in Mountain Jam

Sour Diesel – Sour D is high limonene, B-caryophyllene, then myrcene in descending or with a little humulene and linalool. The epitome of Fuel and funk, the original East Coast Sour Diesel clone.

Super Skunk

Superior Afghani Skunk – A low odor commercial strain. “The Sassy Frass is a hybrid oF DJ Short’s blueberry and a clone I selected many years ago from an experimental cross of two well loved lines. We called her SAS; Superior Afghani Skunk (not to be confused with super skunk). This plant produced ample frosty lime green nuggets; in fact she’s the clone I would share with my commercially minded friends who were concernned about the intense smell of the other clones I typically grew for sinse; wimps! This one became their commercial staple, since they didn’t have to double up on the charcoal filters.” -Chimera

Sweet Skunk – Sweet ‘Skunk’ is a misnomer; it’s not a skunk at all. there is nothing skunky about the Sweet Skunk, it’s a Haze variant. “Sweetest Skunk…produces excellent herb very much like the SS clone.” -Chimera
Sweet Skunk was originally introduced by Spice of Life Seeds in 1994. The heritage was listed as Sensi Seed’s Big Skunk x Sweet Pink Grapefruit (a.k.a. Grapefruit) at the time, but Breeder Steve later speculated that the father was likely a NL x Haze male rather than a Big Skunk. This makes sense; the Southeast Asian “Hazey” bud structure is hard to ignore. Apparently, Steve had obtained two trays of clones for a grow, one labeled “Big Skunk” and the other “NL x Haze.” Upon planting and flowering the clones, one of the trays turned out to have a male that pollinated the crop, producing the seeds sold as Sweet Skunk. (Sometimes unplanned hybridization can yield outstanding individuals.) F1 seeds were planted, and an extreme sativa-leaning selection (SS #10) was chosen out of a roomful of indica-dominant girls. This clone is now known in BC as the original Sweet Skunk clone. I don’t believe the SS/grapefruit thing myself, the chain of custody on the SS #10 clone is suspect, despite the claims. I did some preliminary DNA work years ago, and believe them to not be directly related. More DNA work is being done on both plants, so the unbiased story will be told once and for all shortly.

ISS is Federation’s version of a hybrid using the SS #10 clone, reportedly. The progeny are nice, but not like the original clone. The speculations/reports that I have heard are that the ISS is a white widow x SS hybrid. All of our Sweet Skunk hybrid seeds, and the Lemon Cello S1, are derived purely from SS#10.

T

Trip (Big Sur Holy Weed) – Trip = Nickname for Big Sur holy weed. One film Cannister of seeds from cali named as such. Only a few seeds sprouted. (old stock). This is old skool. The BSHW side came from seeds I got a long time back from a Cali guy on the run.they came in a film canister marked “Trip” ,which was the nickname of the BSHW.seeds were old and only 8 girls made it out from over 400 seeds started.Very homogeneous plants,with differing strength of high.the best was the #3 plant/clone as it had the most/strongest sativa profile, that was the clone given to Chimera.

U

V

Vancouver Island King – The Vancouver Island King is a strong mostly ‘indica’ broad leaf variety sporting pink stigmas upon her pistils, the leaves upon her apical meristem pushing upwards like the peaks of a royal crown. She has an excellent upright habit and can support her own weight without trellising or staking. The flowers possess a nice grape-like aroma when cured, but have a relatively low odor during flowering. Yield is above average; flowering is 8-9 weeks.

Vancouver Island Purps – This plant is truly an old time Vancouver Island oddity, very heavily seated in the ‘afghanica’ realm, a plant I suspect to be somewhat ancestral to the wide leaf indica “kush” plants that form the basis of the modern purple kush lines. Sh is all but extinct on the Island, where growers have mostly moved in favor of the newer kush types. This plant grows like a classic afghanica, with wide leaflets and short internodes, and dense floral clusters that have an almost musty/kushy nose without many of the sweet notes that some of the newer kush hybrids have. While on the plant, the flowers retain a somewhat strange rubber, mushroom compost type of smell that can definitely hit the nose in the wrong way, on the musty side of acrid, but once the plant is trimmed it really settles into a classic afghanica type smell that is rare in the marketplace today. Interesting and unique cannabis, unlike anything else in the collection, and it was so different I just had to keep it. Mite and mildew resistant, with thick leaves that purple completely and vibrantly with intense light or relative cold. Done-diddly in 8 weeks, an early contender and crossed with the Jack is just a little taller and more vigorous yet retains her status and an early indoor producer. The lower overall odour makes her appealing for those concerned about smell, or that have clandestine commercial spaces where smell can be a concern. Take a trip back to yesteryear and enjoy this classic!

Vision Thai – Udon area Thai ( collected by Bob, Big field of it). Crossed into a Kandahar Afghani (Had a friend in the Canadian press who went there and got me seeds). Back crossed into the Thai mother 7 times. Looking for the early pheno.

W

White Lotus – Lotus is a WLD, not a kush per se, but what would classically, and incorrectly, be referred to as an indica. She has a few interesting traits- cute “round” little leaves (petiole to tip and width are equidistant), and has an almost round appearance, somewhat similar to what Dr Bocsa found with his var “Panorama”. They are nice little yielders, with a really interesting and prominent raspberry/fruit scent.

Text taken from the blog: https://chimeragenetics.wordpress.com/

9 Likes

Blueberry

This Blueberry is derived from original Blueberry, an unreleased line that also fathered DJ Short True Blueberry. Chimera was given access to the room in which DJ Short’s male selections were made. He chose several individuals personally, as well as the now deceased B130 male that DJ selected himself, and these selections are the pollen donors for the Joint Projects.

“There is variation in every pack. You WILL find the one that you are looking for in each pack as everyone has differing tastes, the one will be different for everyone. I love the mutant factor! Some of the best resin has come off of the mutants in these current releases. As far as using these strains in breeding projects-GO FOR IT. Every cross that I have seen turns out spectacular. In these new hybrids the blueberry gene is very dominant. A classic example is Chimera’s Fighting Buddha. This Burmese cross has heavy Blue line traits(foxtailing, purple stem…).” – Red from Legends Seeds

The pollen inputs from DJ were selected by me from a set of plants DJ chose from the selection run that pre-dated the TBB, F13, GK, etc releases. These inputs came as cuttings, not pollen.

The male known as B130 was but one of the plants who contributed pollen for the Chimera/DJ Short joint projects.

I did make an S1 generation from B130. None of the plant from this generation have been used for any seed release.

There were more B130 plants in the room than any other pollen donor. If I had to estimate I’d say that %70 of the seeds from this batch were from B130 pollen. Other pollen donors included the B133 mother of Old Time Moonshine, B25 (the mother of grape krush) and B144(?) (the mother of TBB). I’d have to dig up my notes to see which other plants contributed pollen.

Regular Hybrid Releases

C-Plus (Ae77 Cali-O x Blueberry)
Dolce Sativa/Sweetest Sativa (Sweet Skunk x Blueberry)
Fighting Buddha (Burmese Sativa x Blueberry)
Grapefruit x Blueberry
Highland Mexican x Blueberry
Highland Mexican x Blueberry F2
Mental Floss (??? x Blueberry)
Mountain Jam (Soulshine x Blueberry)
Sassyfrass (Superior Afghani Skunk x Blueberry)
Schnazzleberry #2 (the Dom x Blueberry)
Trip x Blueberry
Vision Thai x Blueberry

6 Likes

Blockhead

The blockhead hybrid seeds (in fact all our seeds) are made using authentic and proven elite clones and ‘best in class’ types selected from gifts from others and tested and screened against the entire collection using GC/FID. To compare these to offerings from other seed companies is to not understand what criteria, evaluation and selection we use before choosing parents for seed production. I don’t just pop a few seeds named chemdog and use whatever males of females come out as a representation of ‘chemdog’. I’ve screened through dozens and dozens of kushes, sour diesels etc and the ones that ended up in the pollination rooms are heads and shoulders above what most banks are using in terms of flavour, terp profiles, oil content, cannab profile, etc., that’s just a simple fact of reality.

If you think that these blockhead selections are generic and the same old, you have no clue what you are talking about. I selected the best of 2 batches of 75 seeds each selected in different environments (indoors and greenhouse), the best re-run indoors for terp and cannab screening. We found some absolutely unique flavour profiles, something that actually quite surprised me knowing the genetics of the parents intimately- they outperformed my expectations of them. The other thing I really liked of these seeds was the incredible yield and flower set. We’re beefing up cuttings from some of the best for a client looking at producing on scale- the weight on some of these is just ridiculous. Even late planted seeds in the greenhouse put on the weight and didn’t rot out, where nearly everything else suffered in both size and resistance from the late-season planting. So far it seems like that trait is contributing well to the next generation, with quite a few of the maternal side leaning phenotypes showing beefier yields than the mothers. Overall I’m really quite pleased with their quality which is why they are making an appearance in the catalog. -Chimera

Regular IBL Release

Blockhead

150 seeds of the classic Spice of Life variety have been open pollinated during our selection process to preserve this rare, elusive, large yielding sweet smelling family. More tightly selected improved Blockheads lines will be offered in the future, but this is your rare opportunity to preserve what the original population offered. Once this seed bulking has been depleted, not more of this open pollinated pure line will be offered.
Indoor flowering 8 to 10 weeks

Regular Hybrids and Releases

Blockhead #4 (OP using select Female.)
Bubba Kush x BH
Cheese x BH
Congo x BH
Hashplant x BH
Incense Haze x BH
King x BH
Lullaby x BH (CBD Rich)
Medina x BH
Melodious Kush x BH
Mental Floss x BH
Nepalese Temple x BH
Pure Kush x BH
Schnazzleberry #4 (Dom x BH)
Silver Taco (SLK) x BH
Soulshine x BH (Mountain Jam #2)
Sour D x BH
Special K x BH
Warlock x BH

6 Likes

Chem D bX

Regular Hybrid Releases

Blockhead #7 x ChemD bx
Bubba Kush x ChemD bx
C99 x ChemD bx
F13 x ChemD bx
GF x ChemD bx
Incense Haze x ChemD bx
NL#1 x ChemD bx
NL#2 x ChemD bx
RKS x ChemD bx

4 Likes

Wow, that’s a blast from the past!

I grew his C-plus, C4 and mental floss many years ago. They were good strains. From what I remember, he puts the work in breeding/stabilizing them too.

5 Likes

The Dom

Blue Domino – (Craig’s Skunk x DJ Short Blueberry) Blue Domino by Spice of Life Seeds, line bred by Chimera before breeding with it. “Just to clear the air a little, the Dom was originally a Blue Domino F1…. these select female Dom used for the Schazz crosses were from a greatly improved and stabilized F3 line. Although the originals were purchased from SOL, the quality of the mothers was due to down line selections. -Chimera

Regular and Feminized Releases

Malibu (Californian x The Dom) 55-60 days (reg)

Aurora (The Dom x Northern Lights) 55-60 days (reg)

Schnazzleberry (The Dom x Shishkeberry Red) 45-55 days (reg)

Schnazzleberry #2 (The Dom x Blueberry) 50-60 days (reg)

Schnazzleberry #3 (The Dom x Sweet Skunk) 65-75 days (fem)

Schnazzleberry #4 (The Dom x Blockhead) 55-65 days (reg)

3 Likes

Jack

The Jack Herrer line has morphed since it was first released, and the huge variation comes presumably from the poly- hybrid nature of the top cross which became ‘Jack Herrer’; it has been bred and grown by many different hands each putting their own spin on the line. Like I said above, to me ‘Jack Herrer’ is a line almost pure in terpinolene with very few other terps adding the flavour and scent, and this gives a uniquely ‘dutch’ quality to the nose… its a smell I associate with walking around between the Damrak, Singel, Lilegracht and Bloemgracht, from De Nieuw Kerk area just north of Dam Square westward to the BloemMarkt near the Anne Frank Huis. To me it just typifies dutch cannabis.

This line I call “Jack”, is obviously a little different due the the NL influence that we infused back around ’96. I recently tested a batch of old GFxNL seeds (half siblings using the same NL pollen inputs) that we ran through the grow and analytical lab, and I was amazed that such a cross could have such a uniform terpene profile/ finger print between siblings given how the GF throws such variance in a backcross population. Give or take a small degree of variance with respective terpene levels, the overall fingerprints of the siblings were almost identical- the chemist hadn’t seen such uniform profiles from any other crosses to date. This was the result of the extremely true breeding nature of the NL that was used in all of the above crosses, including being the pollen input for the line I call ‘Jack’.

Overall, as a plant, if I were to make a comparison… it would be in the same family of plants that as a class include C99. That mostly terpinolene and myrcene profile, with the little limonene spike and about equal levels of alpha and beta pinene gives a citrusy nose that some describe as grapefruit and others associate with pineapple – in fact one of the names the jack got in our group locally is PineappleJack.

The almost total lack of sesquiterps (beta caryophyllene and humulene mainly) really takes out any spicy or woody component and leaves a nose that to most, land squarely in “fruity”. It’s a clear, non-muddy experience that allows you to keep functioning, and the entourage keeps the clear-minded and functional perspective. On her own, I find the plants to be day-time smokes, and are easily tolerated by people that don’t smoke as often as some of us. They are very easy growing plants on their own, and the only real drawback from them for some is their slightly less rigid stems that can become especially floppy in low light conditions, or if you don’t have sufficient wind to strengthen the branches.

I’m not trying to confuse anyone with the name ‘Jack’, but this line is really no longer what I typify as ‘Jack Herrer’. It’s shifted into it’s own family for sure, and doesn’t fit the variety profile or terpenotype of the original. I can tell you though, that grown right, this one is productive and has irie vibes, bringing positive thought and open-minded expansion of thought…. its not dumb you down, flog you mentally cannabis. For inexperienced growers that can keep a good solid environment, this makes an excellent hybrid plant that tolerates abuse and will power through most f-ups. They tend to come in on the early side of approximately 8 weeks, which is what I consider the absolute earliest cannabis should ever be harvested. We’ve had a few limited reviews so far, but I know what these plants can do and I’m looking forward to seeing how these perform across a range of gardens; I know we’re going to see some impressive results from Jack while they last.

Regular Hybrid Releases

BC OG x Jack
Bubba Kush x Jack
Congo x Jack
Hashplant x Jack
Incense Haze x Jack
Island Purps x Jack
Jack Pine
King x Jack
Medina x Jack
Melodious x Jack
Melon Haze x Jack
Mental Floss x Jack
Nepalese Temple x Jack
Purple Kush x Jack
Soulshine x Jack
Sour D x Jack
Special K x Jack
Sweet Skunk x Jack
White Lotus x Jack

3 Likes

Sweet Skunk

Sweet ‘Skunk’ is a misnomer; it’s not a skunk at all. there is nothing skunky about the Sweet Skunk, it’s a Haze variant. Sweet Skunk was originally introduced by Spice of Life Seeds in 1994. The heritage was listed as Sensi Seed’s Big Skunk x Sweet Pink Grapefruit (a.k.a. Grapefruit) at the time, but Breeder Steve later speculated that the father was likely a NL x Haze male rather than a Big Skunk. This makes sense; the Southeast Asian “Hazey” bud structure is hard to ignore. Apparently, Steve had obtained two trays of clones for a grow, one labeled “Big Skunk” and the other “NL x Haze.” Upon planting and flowering the clones, one of the trays turned out to have a male that pollinated the crop, producing the seeds sold as Sweet Skunk. (Sometimes unplanned hybridization can yield outstanding individuals.) F1 seeds were planted, and an extreme sativa-leaning selection (SS #10) was chosen out of a roomful of indica-dominant girls. This clone is now known in BC as the original Sweet Skunk clone.

I don’t believe the SS/grapefruit thing myself, the chain of custody on the SS #10 clone is suspect, despite the claims. I did some preliminary DNA work years ago, and believe them to not be directly related. More DNA work is being done on both plants, so the unbiased story will be told once and for all shortly.

ISS is Federation’s version of a hybrid using the SS #10 clone, reportedly. The progeny are nice, but not like the original clone. The speculations/reports that I have heard are that the ISS is a white widow x SS hybrid. All of our Sweet Skunk hybrid seeds, and the Lemon Cello S1, are derived purely from SS#10.

Feminized and S1 Releases

Bubba Kush x SS
Cheese x SS
Citra Paradiso (GF x SS)
Congo x SS
Hashplant x SS
Hawaiian Spice (Hawaiian Blood x SS)
Hight Test x SS
Island Purps x SS
King x SS
Lemon Cello (Sweet Skunk S1)
Lullaby x SS
Master Kush x SS
Melon Haze x SS
Mental Floss x SS (Lemon Floss)
Pure Kush x SS
Schnazzleberry #3 (The Dom x SS)
Silver Taco (SLK) x SS
Simply Irresistible (Incense Haze x SS)
Soulshine x SS
Sour Diesel x SS
Special K x SS
SSXL (Medina x SS)

4 Likes

Past Works

These are past, defunct works which can be traced across the Breeding Stock and some specific, larger hybrid parentage works (Blueberry, The Dom, Grapefruit.)

C4 (Cotton Candy x Shishkeberry Red) 45-55 days
Frostbite (Cotton Candy x Northern Lights) 55-60 days
Malibu (Californian x the Dom) 55-60 days
Schnazzleberry (the Dom x Shishkeberry Red) 45-55 days
Aurora (the Dom x Northern Lights) 55-60 days
Calizahr (California Orange x Shishkeberry Red) 56 days
Grapefruit x Shishkeberry Red 50-60 days
Grapefruit x Northern Lights 50-55 days
California Orange x Northern Lights
Super Skunk x Shishkeberry Red
Mental Floss #2 (??? x DJ Short Flo) ??? Days
Mountain Jam (Soulshine x DJ Short Blueberry) 55-65 days
Sassyfrass (Superior Afghani Skunk x DJ Short Blueberry) 50-55 days
Red-eyed Bride (bx1m1 x ???)
Vision Thai x DJ Short Blueberry
Trip x DJ Short Blueberry

5 Likes

Thanks for all that info on the Jack, had not seen that before today.
Is the King in that cross the Vancouver Island King?

4 Likes

Hey bro, welcome!
I believe it’s the same one. In the breeding stock description, they use the full name, but in the crosses, it’s just ‘King.’ I think it’s the same because it’s the only ‘King’ that appears in the breeding stock.

3 Likes

Welcome, my brother!

1 Like

“Wow, man, I’m really keen on growing some of those genetics you mentioned, especially the Mental Floss. I’ve got a pack of Mental Floss x Blockhead here, but I also want to get a pack of just Mental Floss. C-Plus seems pretty interesting too. His line of crosses with Blueberry seems to have produced some amazing stuff, like the Fighting Buddha, for example.”

4 Likes

Awesome! Good to know. Thanks again.

2 Likes

This thread is refreshing to see. I was bummed when they closed the Chimera sub forum on Icmag. With the recent resurgence of interest in haze and haze hybrids there was some good conversation and commentary regarding the Cultivators Choice work the Breeders Retail team chose to offer on the menu. Eventually I’d like to be able to add some more of the Breeders Retail catalog to my collection, of most interest is definitely the Cultivators Choice work by Sam as well as Chimera’s blue hybrids and older work like Grapefruit Blueberry, C-Plus, Mental Floss and such. Do you know if Breeders Retail is open or are they on a hiatus of sorts still? Many blessings and much love

6 Likes

And did you enjoy cultivating it? Was the outcome positive?

2 Likes

Hello, buddy! That’s exactly why I opened this thread here, so that we can archive as much information as possible and avoid the risk of it being deleted. It’s a shame to lose years of valuable information! I’m interested in a lot of things in Breeder Retail’s catalog, including the Cannacopia, but I still have many things from Chimera that I want to get, like Jack Pine, for example, and crosses that have SLK. Well, there’s just so much! LOL. Breeder Retail was open until September if I’m not mistaken; that was the last time I spoke with them. So, I can’t tell you if they went on hiatus again; I hope not! The purchase I made with them was in April, and it arrived quite quickly. The transaction was extremely smooth, and they sent it here to Brazil, where there are several problems receiving the seeds. Hahaha! So, my feedback about them is more than excellent.

4 Likes

Chimera has been working with a cannabis lp in canada called Victoria Cannabis Company. Its not available where i am but am waiting for the day i get to try some of their products

5 Likes