Chinese 1000w de hps

Hello guys, dont find any topic of the lights from the china. In your opinion do these lights can be similar to the gavitas? Or they gonna be a waste of money? I add a link like as an example

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60685070919/Double-ended-1000w-hps-mh-electronic.html?__sceneInfo={"type":"appDetailShare","data":{"filterKey":"7.8.2_share","cacheTime":"1800000"}}

2 Likes

Can’t even see that website on my PC. Just a strip across the middle with menus across the top and bottom covering almost the whole screen.

It’s the bulb that makes the difference with light like that and a cheap, no-name bulb will give cheap, no-name results. I prefer Hortilux bulbs myself and have them in 400, 600 and 1000W sizes. No DEs tho.

:peace:

3 Likes

You have to click in between the top and bottom banners Lab, for some reason its in huge scale, when you click on the banner then click on the little box that says original and it will be the right size.

Could be hard to say the light manufacturers in China are always giving false info. Personally I like the ballasts separate so I can have them outside my tent.

4 Likes

Yes indeed. And always say, that best products only you can get from them :smiley:

1 Like

Honestly everything is made in china now anyway! I’m not sure if the price is good in comparison to a “better brand” but if it is I’d give it a try if i was gonna use a hps.

Personally I would look used before I would buy that. The ballast inside the tent will heat it up. You can absolutely do better I think if you look around. I got a 600 watt HPS complete with bulb for $50 used. It works great.

1 Like

I would go LED you will save money on the power bill. I have 2 600w HPS/HID digital ballasts and bulbs been in there box for the last 6 months, I will be selling one soon. I just want 1 to keep my flower room warm in the winter as the LEDs don’t make enough heat for when ambient temps drop past minus 10. It gets a bit chilly in my work shop without heat out there.

2 Likes

You have to order 10 of them for a minimum order

2 Likes

Too bad I hadn’t seen your post sooner , my buddy just ordered a new hps he’d of bought it off you in a second if he could of found a decent used one .

2 Likes

It’s got 2 new bulbs as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: only used for 2 flowerings. Probably cost more to ship, than buy it, I only want $100 for it :joy:

4 Likes

I think he paid 189 with free shipping on amazon for a 600 either vivasun or another China light duel hps mh with 2 bulbs shade ratchets not sure how good it is but gonna be better than his China led crap he’s been using.

2 Likes

Yeah only decent LEDs compete with them, I think mine is the vivosun, it’s got Sun in it’s name anyway lol, I paid 160$ on Amazon came with all the same stuff as what he has on the one he ordered.

Even though they are cheap and work very well, when you do the the math, they use 2/3 more power than a good LED light, it doesn’t take long to get your money back.

HPS $1.40 a day to run in flower, $2 a day vegging, plus all the power used to cool the tent down.

Compared to LED 47 cents a day flower and 67 cents a day vegging no contest, and why I am selling it. The 100$ will pay for another Veg LED build for my clone cab :grinning:

6 Likes

I would take that if you were stateside I would hate to see what shipping from Canada would be lol

2 Likes

You see guys i need about 25-30pcs of these lights. So i can save alot of money half maybe more if i buy it from them.

My priority is bigger yield. And i cant afford to buy 20-30 of good expensive leds

1 Like

Sounds like a big grow you are going to do. Yeah that extra costs on the LEDs will add up over that many lights.

Yea so i searching for alternatives. Thinking of gavitas but if i buy from china i can save more than a half money

1 Like