Chocolate Thai Three way genetics Co-Op run it (CLOSED)

@Instg8ter that’s awesome! I look forward to seeing the progress of this, and hopefully sampling some of the seeds from your results :slight_smile: Thanks to all of those people who donated seeds to the run, also

6 Likes

OK its on even if I have to fire up a second flower room with one of my extra 1000+ HPS, digital ballast with 1250 Supralux. And a few 2 1/2” 4x8 styrofoam walls. As my profile says Favorote Strain : anything Thai. If tests work out on mini DWC I may set up 4 - 16 res totes.

OG as a CULTURE!!!

33 Likes

Here’s the run down:

10 - OG f2 Chocolate Thai from @Tejas
10 - Hazeman Chocolate Thai
10 - @Barefrog Chocolate Thai both via @Craigson15 and I will run as separate control run
6 - Chocolate (highland) Thai x AK (purple pheno)
6 - Purple Pineapple Thai (above x with 70+ day Pineapple Thai pollen from @Trowertripper (Heirloom)
And my one lone Royal Purple Thai from Snowhigh

This will also give us a good representation as to how the Dutching of the first and second crosses from landrace have effected growth, potency and yield.

So this will be a true group effort Of OG’ers and is my first full seed run I will need to pick all your brains for feedback and direction so I don’t get de-rallied on some wild tangent…still open for more genetics …:metal::sunglasses:

34 Likes

Id love to smoke it but ain’t no way in hell I’m growing it… lol

4 Likes

Gotta grow it to smoke it…unless your in the Enchanted Mitten where I can freely gift you a sack…:rofl:

14 Likes

indeed I love me some thai makes me feel like kid but here in prohibition land not happening

4 Likes

Id like to keep at least all the chocolate thais bred together or separate.
Those other crosses can be their own thing?

12 Likes

Will be running my crosses as control since I have ran them before and have a baseline for a dutched thai. All strains will be grouped by supplier and all males Culled labeled and put in separate building for selection and pollen collection/ breeding to specific females. Sound like a plan?? @Craigson15

16 Likes

Did someone say Chocolate Thia!? You gotta know I’m in! Xactly what I’ve been wanting,this is awesome!

8 Likes

I’d second this sentiment. The most value in the Chocolate Thai would be as pure lines

10 Likes

OK so,

10- f2 OG will get pheno hunt and repopulation of 15 year old stock to F3 .

__ - Hazeman separate run of the same?

__ - Bare Frog, Ditto?

I will try and collect pollen from any outstanding males.

Would prefer not to handle distribution, any takers and what are plans for seed and pollen?

Also since all of these “Thai” are most likely not landrace judging by flower times that I could find, I would lean myself towards more Sativa showing plants. Just my .02$

16 Likes

Pineapple Thai is a work of shabud of 707 headband fame…it is not a landrace per Se but more inbred line or heirloom.

9 Likes

Ya i dont even care if u put all the diff choco thais together just not w the crosses.
Should be fun!!
Cheers.

12 Likes

If anything I’ll use a more Sativa pollen to throw back at my Thia’s .

Three chocolates together will make for a more diverse pool I would think?

12 Likes

This is going to be cool!

7 Likes

Can’t wait to see what it does to the Purple Thai…:crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Isn’t gorilla glue half chocolate thai?
You could be playing with “fire”…in a totally good way

7 Likes

If you look at the bottom of the tree on 90% of Strainly you will find “Thai” the names were applied by breeders. As Phenos were discovered. Read “do you smoke Thai”. And yes Chocolate diesel is the third ingredient in GG4

7 Likes

If you want to see thai landrace or close see @Yaxu ‘s diary as I said…6 month commitment . Beautiful plants but not much yield. Long airy spears spiraling up huge weeping stalks.

7 Likes

Shit, no kidding!! I’m setting up for a 20 plant sativa run come August. Winter is my friend…mid flower come December…lol

9 Likes