Christmas Tree Bud

So back when I was growing up and still a cannabis novice every now and again we would get a bag of what was called Christmas tree bud. The buds were about the size of a golf ball, as hard as one as well, and shaped like tiny little Christmas trees that wreaked of pine forest… Since roughly 2005 I haven’t seen anything that came close to this stuff. Some faint pine smells but nothing overwhelming like the ‘nuggets’ we used to smoke in the woods from homemade bongs and whatnot while freaking out cause we thought our parents found us. Lol

Anyways I know theres the pine tar Kush out there but does anyone know of or have an overpowering pine strain? You know how we all love reliving our youth so I’m trying to find something to bring me back to those days…

Cheers guys!

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

9 Likes

i smoked some ogkb that was real potent.

3 Likes

OGKB? Sorry, too many strains these days… I can’t remember shit…

Was it straight up pine?

3 Likes

OG Kush Breath.

2 Likes

You mean this?

:wink:

Yeah it’s around.

22 Likes

Looks quite nice @shroomgod … I’m guessing that OG Kush x Sharks Breath?

2 Likes

Omg yes! That’s the stuff @LED_Seedz… Where an I find that ibl?

3 Likes

My group is working with this behind closed doors ATM. Due to the age there has been some germination issues of course, but it’s a work in progress. No real info available at this time outside of we ended up with about 60 seeds.

11 Likes

if i had a dollar for every old skool cat talking about Christmas bud. lol… that must have been some good shit. like Quaalude’s. 30 years later and folks still reminiscing about them. lol

6 Likes

Well my friend I know we’ve discussed testing in private before but please keep me in mind when you have some stuff to hand out for testing…

I’d be like a kid on Christmas morning opening up an Xbox! Lol

5 Likes
1 Like

Actually @Yarddog I’m not that old to be honest… I know most of what I read is about this plant from the late 80s and 90s before I even smoked… Someone around there must have had a cut and kept it going because I was getting this stuff in 2003-2005

4 Likes

i got to get mine popped. figure i’ll wait till some of these seedlings get sexed, and i’ll be out of town a lot soon, dont want the boss lady getting overwhelmed with the garden.
this is def .on the short list of seeds to pop though.
damn its kinda your fault @LED_Seedz . you keep letting me test beans, but who am i to turn down some fire tester beans??

6 Likes

I fou nd some seeds quite large some are smallish.

Such autoflwers i purchased were small and regular seeds found to be quite large.

1 Like

You mean in that bud?

I’ve had seeds range in sizes… Actually the auto seeds I have rn are some of the biggest seeds I’ve even seen… Why are we talking about autos and photos again? Lol

2 Likes

This has been an ongoing project for well over three years now, hopefully we are closing in on the sativa pheno of Gainesville Green / Pine Tar Kush / Micanopy Moonbeam / 79 Xmas Bud. I could care less if we find the later indica leaning pheno that went around from mid 85 - till the early 90’s… I want to find the GG I fell in love with in 1983. :peace:

10 Likes

I had good luck and sprouted 5/5. They are growing as we speak. Smoked my first Gainesville Green in 1975. I came to in a puddle of bong water after a big rip. :yum:

For the record: The runt has experienced a growth spurt.
:smiley:

8 Likes

This pheno I found in an old Bodhi pack of 1989 Northern Lights 5 noof x BCSC NL5 is super old school both in smell look and smoke. Lime/pine/pepper/forest floor/hash.

Crossed her with Sakura (Bubba x Wookie15). Hoping for some old school meets new school funk!

Also hit her with a nice Durban Punch male that @ray seems to have high hopes for…

The NL is probably my favorite smoke right now. Really reminds me of the first “kind bud” I got. When I was a kid in the 90s it was either super high grade or brick. Then came the 00s with its influx of beasters. Oh man, that’s one thing I’m glad to see gone.

Here’s a description from my friend that I gave samples to (he’s also growing and holding the cut)

4 Likes

Have you run those yet @LED_Seedz I have a few friends with packs as well but have yet to see any run out. Really got me interested but haven’t tried to get em yet…

4 Likes

He’s already spread some love to a bunch of different Ace Strains. He’s now waiting in the veg room for Sweet Pink Grapefruit to flower up a bit more.

2 Likes