Chronic rheumatoid arthritis advice needed

Hey guys, one of my dearest friends who I consider more a brother suffers terribly with chronic rheumatoid arthritis, he’s constantly battling between injections in his joints hands and feet and opioid medication and I have been searching for a strain or strains that will benefit him, ones that have already proven useful and beneficial for similar sufferers. I’d love to be able to grow a big plant for him and once ready hand him a big bag full of goodies that may give him some deserved relief! Any advice is greatly appreciated :pray: in my mind I’m thinking a high thc/high cbd strain but please enlighten me. I also thought If I found the right strains I could have a go at making him a topical cream or something to be used in conjunction with other products. Please let me hear your thoughts! Thanks guys

13 Likes

Powerful indica would be my first pick. All the CBD comments will follow later :+1:

8 Likes

i suffer from it in my knee and hip
1 high thc i found some thing like bodhi’s space monkey good
2 make hash
3 eat hash
hope this helps
~lime~

5 Likes

Here is a link to Sebrings “Comfort Cream” recipe!
The transdermal agent allows the cannabinoids to permeate the superficial tissue, and it gets rave reviews.

6 Likes

I posted my recipe a couple days ago in @MoBilly thread. This is it. @Gizmo @ColeLennon

shatter of choice 1/2 -gram makes 75/5-6 MG pot leaf gummies
decarb in oven 260* on silicone baking sheet for 25 mins I usually up temp to 270* with 20 mins left
sauce pan and small whisk
1/2 cup of water cold
2 small packets of unflavored gelatin
1- 3-ounce box of flavor of choice Jello gelatin I also like to use Jolly Rancher gelatin
2 TBS lite corn syrup
1TBS vegetable glycerin
1 tsp lecithin liquid
1/4 tsp mold inhibitor
water in pan add 2 packs of unflav gel
box of flavored gelatin let bloom for 5 mins
add the rest of ingredients
smallest burner on lowest melt degree
5 mins as shatter finishes in oven
just as shatter stop bubbling “watch it and pull straight to the freezer 4 mins turn down to saucepan to after putting decarbed shatter straight into hot but cooling mix let melt for 30-45 secs then whisk your heart out. whisk whisk whisk whisk and when you think its stirred a lot STIR some More. pour into a condiment bottle and fill molds, put fridge 35 mins pop out of molds.into a tupperware container with lid and a dash of corn starch shake enjoy store in closed container or zip lock 'drawer ready”

This recipe fills the 3 pot leaf molds = 75 5-6 MG gummies THC/CBD based on calculations I’ve made on 1/2 grams of shatter or any extract really. Do your own math on Total cannabinoids and THC

You can put as much extract as you want into recipe just adjust by reducing say 1/2 TBS of corn syrup

I also bought one of these. Power Whisk makes for accurate mixing of extract.

Bubba Kush
Blackberry Kush
Banana Kush
Critical Kush
OG Kush
SFV OG

Harle Tsu CBD extract
Sour Tsunami CBD extract
Peace I hope you find what works for your brother :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I use CBD/ethanol extract when my arthritis flares up, about 1/8 of a teaspoon.
It kicks in fast.

Lots of folks with various CDB strains. MrBee was offering some just yesterday.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Get the board laminated first.
Screenshot_20220726-132149

3 Likes

Ethanol extract sounds like Grannies (from Beverly Hillbillies for you youngens) rhuematize medicine.

10 Likes

It probably was. With morphine too.

1 Like

morphine= CBD (Like “Cannabis but deadly”)

3 Likes

LOL, Perfect, I’m kicking myself for not making that connection. :rofl: :+1:

Heck, I even distill it myself…

Cheers
G

6 Likes

If it’s not broke :metal:

1 Like

Thanks heaps guys! Your help is greatly appreciated, and thanks for the recipes for the cream and gummies I’ll definitely be attempting to make these I’d I can give him a variety of things to play around with hopefully some of it helps! Between good flower, hash cream and gummies something has to provide some relief, hopefully the entourage effect does its thing!:muscle:
You guys rock :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Much good luck Cranio! :pray:

3 Likes

I have a pretty bad. To be as young as I am that’s pretty sad. I’ve had to change my diet. The problem with me is bursitis kicks in. It is torture it takes my breath away sometimes. This is the only thing I take for pain. I never was on heavy pain pills. They didn’t do anything for me anyway and they really wouldn’t give them to me. Weed has always helped me. It messes with your head. Mine so bad I don’t want to be here. My hands hurt so bad I can’t type for very long. It is the mental part with me. I had to change my diet. There are some foods that I am allergic to that never really hurt me since I’ve been older. One Love . I hate to say this. I’m not wanting any pity. I’m tired of it. I’m tired. Some day I wish I didn’t wake up. But I have to. I have a son. Plants to watch over. Makes me happy. Peace

6 Likes

@Hemp
Stay strong and keep on truckin

1 Like

Its not a strain but a suggestion for your friend would be to learn (its free and easy) and practice the Wim Hof Method. Here’s some info that may help. https://youtu.be/MaaB6ZlakgA

1 Like

@Hemp stay strong brother! I feel your pain man,
Ya ever need a chat drop me a line bro ,

1 Like

@Cloud thanks so much I’ll send it to him, dunno if he’s going to like it haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: but gotta give everything a crack! I get 36 botox needless in my head every 12 weeks for my migraines and when first suggested by my neurologist I was like wtf?! But now I wouldn’t look back. Sure I still get them daily but I’ve improved! And it’s the way to go, you’ve got to explore all avenues! Much love​:v:

2 Likes

I had a Dr. appointment today for just this very issue. Seems for me cannabis or opioids are my only two choices - no NSAIDS and a maximum of 500mg of Tylenol per day. I’m sticking with cannabis. I’ve done the opioids and not going back to that school… That being said; I’m a big fan of full spectrum extracts and find that there’s more to effective treatment than high THC pain relief and I fully believe that the many cannabinoids and terpenes actually ‘do’ something. There have been some great suggestions on strains and they don’t always have to be a thumper to work, I find the kush group pretty effective for me. My suggestion would to be acquire several different strains and take a few ‘smelling’ samples let them have good sniff of several strains - if there’s one or two that peeks their interest chances are good that the nose knows. I thought arthritis was kind of a joke until I got it - now? it still may be a joke but it’s just NOT that funny! Best wishes for your friend and I hope the suggestion for a full spectrum cannabis oil is helpful.

6 Likes