Clone trouble

Transplanted a clone that was in a solo cup for a couple weeks that the stems went purple.it’s growth is still doing good but some of the bigger fans leaves getting these spots every where any ideas?

4 Likes

You may have had a couple overwaters… new growth looks good…I wouldn’t too much worry about that old leaf.

What about the purple stem?Do they grow out of this or is this something that needs some TLC?The overwatering would make sense I tried to flush it with 6.0 ph water.I was going to let it dry out a bit.Some of the younger leaves are turning yellow not all though.This was taken of a plant that was starting to turn purple.She planted it in a bigger pot and I saw the purple went away.Was wondering if I left it in the solo cup to long the root ball was wrapped at the bottom and the whole cup was packed with roots.Clone is two days into transplant into current pot

1 Like

this was like two weeks after it came out of the humidity tent

1 Like

I wouldn’t ‘read’ too much into the purple stem, lots of strains react that way. I think it has to do with light intensity.

Cheers
G

1 Like

As stated above I would not worry about the purple stems.

1 Like

Some of the leaf getting these rust colored spots and crumbly in those spots

Got it in the tent today trying to keep a fan on her and dry it out

I would think about Phosphorouus deficiency, put a towel under that pot, OG trick, don’t remember the author … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

Sir I think you may have found my problem how about would I get phosphorus to my plant?

1 Like

Update on the clone, She is doing better.Dried her out a bit till she looked sad then watered her with rain water and a shot of some ph’d Water to 6.0.Did a foliar feed of fox farm big bloom and Bam purples going away and I have sites popping up everywhere.Thanks for the help guys.

7 Likes

Love the tape+garden wire! Wonderful training skills!

What a recovery !!

I have a clone that’s main branch is purple and the originals leaves are dying.

HOping mine pulls through and is anywhere close to how nice yours came back!

Mine needed a dose of some phosphorus I used a foliar feed.I’ve learned to not to worry so much about the huge fan leaves so much.I’m learning with clones that they have to catch up on the nutrients and And some of the symptoms of problems look just like other deficiencies…If mine pulled through I’m sure yours will be cool.Weeds pretty persistent

1 Like

Been a week or two since the last pic also so I had some growth pop up.The tape and wire thing was a bit ghetto but it worked and it was cheap.I’m new to the whole lst thing but I’m am familiar with bonsai and used to do my own.That green wire kicks ass

2 Likes

Totally! I just discovered the wire at the end of my first grow , I used it for hanging some buds to dry,

Now I’ve got it in use for training also.

Less is more!

We will see with mine! Hopefully it pulls through! I only just noticed a few roots!

1 Like

Update on the new mother.Just got a hair cut someone showed me Oldtimer1 on making a mum bonsai it is awesome.Purple is almost all gone.She hit the dirt with the one shot in it and mellowed right out.

1 Like

Update after 4 clippings a couple weeks later.

2 Likes