(CLOSED)The Pigeon & Bear Show: Episode "Freakers Run: Nepali Watermelon Hashplant"

You guys and your huge dudes :deciduous_tree:
IMG_1185

Crazy town :star_struck:

6 Likes

These males dont need that intimidation. :wink:

8 Likes

Could you wear a wrap or something?

3 Likes

Apologies for the lack of posts it’s been a busy week but everything is moving along as the British often say: “Not bad at all.”

:rofl:

:v:

51 Likes

I sneezed just seeing those males @Pigeonman :joy:

3 Likes

Looks :eyes: like the golden nugget city :city_sunset: in there! :ok_hand::+1::facepunch::wink::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

2 Likes

@Pigeonman hi five
pollen-f200308335aa4676

20 Likes

Here’s the last shots of the males!

They did their thing, and it they did it well! It took me almost 2 hours to clip all the flowers into a bucket, and then clean up, spray and wash down the tent. It’s gonna take many more go-overs but the pollen was wet enough that it should be mostly kaput.

These were some serious males here.

After the tent was cleaned I hosed down the females and then after shaking the majority of the water off they all went back in.

Here they are all cleaned up but still in the dark.

This was all done in the morning before I went outside and trudged away getting the outdoors run planted for summer. A nap later after dinner and I got to water this wonderful sight.

They are so top heavy that I needed bricks as counterweights :rofl: :brick: :+1:

These girls are mighty impressive!

:metal: :grin:

57 Likes

What an update!! Those females look happy and full.

1 Like

love the bricks for balance :sweat_smile:
i think i asked before but what size pots are they? looks a bit smaller than 3 gal, hard to tell though
Girls look nice n happy!

2 Likes

Thanks @Hemlock & @Growgrassblowglass !

Tbey are 3liter, aka 1 gallon air pots (orange bottom)

5 Likes

Last nights watering session had me on my hands and knees picking up beans as it’s started to rain them down already! :heart:

A nice little start to the collection eh? lol

This is gonna be all joy from here on. I’ve set-up a bunch of catch trays to make finding them every night a little easier. :sweat_smile:

:v: :grin: :+1:

56 Likes

Very nice healthy looking seeds

3 Likes

Beautiful job @Pigeonman. Are you in contact with @HeadyBearAdventures ? He has been absent for a bit.

10 Likes

We’ve definitely been missing on on those heady bear vibes big time :sob: Sending some your way, mr adventures…

but on a positive note, awesome grow pigeonman! Look at those long floppy nepali son of a- er, daughters of a - guns!

6 Likes

No. I haven’t as we didn’t swap emails :man_facepalming:

I’m officially worried about him. I was supposed to send him pollen a few weeks ago and he was intending to start his side of the run in April.

SERIOUSLY SENDING POSITIVE VIBES HIS WAY with a BIG OL :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: it’s just a mental health time out and nothing serious.

:crossed_fingers: :worried:

27 Likes

man that are some nice beans, i like the pattern!! great work and pleasure to watch as always @Pigeonman !!!

sending best wishes and well beiings @HeadyBearAdventures :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

I’m really looking forward to growing this out as flower eventually, look at all that delicious :corn: !!

:drooling_face:

42 Likes

Looking great. You’re killing it! :watermelon:

2 Likes

Thanks @Cloud9 !

They are on flowering day 50 of an expected 90 (+/-) day run. So the fact they are already raining down seeds is :exploding_head: .

Since they’ve come along faster than I expected I’m gonna do less hydro-salts feedings and more coconut water / aloe very soaks with a few veg hydro-salt mixes as an added boost.

18 Likes