Closet Chronicles : Growing With Mr.Sparkle 2019

Hahahaha true stoner moment, like me blowing the heater off my joint in the ashtray lol ashes everywhere

5 Likes

Yeah itā€™s partially an ocd, and ā€œgrowā€ task thing to me, in that you want to play or enjoy you plants, but you have no real need to do anything, so might as well clean up if there is a mess.

Also no coco or leaf litter to mold or harbor pests, so just a basic maintenance thing.

10 Likes

Oh I totally agreed, I generally keep my spaces very tidy. Sometimes life gets in the way and I barely have time to water or train them and fall behind a bit on the tidying up.

I hope you donā€™t think I was making fun of you or anything with the dirt comment, I appreciate the clenlyness and was just trying to be funny.

2 Likes

nah its a common joke around here and with the people i talk too, honestly just normal lol.

7 Likes

Day 8/12/18

Have all the the auto watering setups hooked up also finally worked out different reservoir volumes and dispensing amounts vs time, going on holidays, so have it worked out that i can water 4 times a day with a 2 day buffer zone, and not including any feedback from runoff. So feeling more confident with you know math vs just winging it and hoping for the best.

So till that point thatā€™s the max iā€™ll water them that way itā€™s not like iā€™m cutting back on the water as they have already grown accustomed to an amount that greater than what i can run when im away.

Bit concerned over training though and with the bigger pots just due to timing and stretch, but iā€™ll be tying stuff down and being preemptive to avoid as much plant against light situations which i still expect to happen if they bolt.

Also culled two plants and expect to cull two more on the right side, reason is i expect them to run out of room in a hurry and would rather give them the space now. The front left plant ā€œTDCā€ is doing alright, not great, but i may or may not keep it, but it has till the end of this coming weekend to show me other wise. One of the reasons is i only have a couple seeds of that crossing left and itā€™s how would you say ā€œnot consistentā€ with producing nice plants, so i donā€™t want to skew my own results with regards to the next grow after this if i canā€™t run a healthy one, or have a lower chance of getting one.

Bonus shot for one of the plants i culled. I saw this a week ago as you can tell by the stems even at less that 2 weeks in but wanted to grow it out further to take a picture of it to show it as an example.

Iā€™m not sure this would be the correct term, but itā€™s a polyploidy that typically relates to the stem growth in that it keeps dividing and adding as it goes on the further nodes it puts on, flower wise itā€™s usually unaffected apart from having so many nodes/budsites rammed together.

You can spot it as the stem will typically have more ribs going up the side that your standard one that alternates that a normal growing plant would display. Also the stem takes on a flat look and shape.

20 Likes

Forgot to add, two on the left side will also probably be culled, but that not for awhile yet.

1 Like

The correct term is whorled phyllotaxy. A polyploid would require genetic testing to verify, but may be the cause of this phyllotaxy. :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Day 11/15/21

Well be debating all day what i was gonna do.

First left side, i have moved over @ReikoX GTxSBRā€™s to the right side of that cab, there gonna get the spotlight till later this week when i decide what im doing plant wise, as i plan to reduce down to one per res because i think they are gonna take up some room, now whether 2 GTxSBRā€™s or one of those and a Cream mandarin are left that is yet to be determined, but ill be deciding come friday this coming week, as then im doing some traveling for a week.

Been Measuring and calculating volumes and times spans for what i can get away with watering wise for when im away, but will need to dial in closer come the end of this next week, saying that i was overwatering pretty much all the plants so have dialed back to a 5sec watering time which is 140ml but just need to figure out the amount of watering events i want in a day, or bit bigger durations between longer intervals. Just playing and tuning,

As for the right side moved the light up the other day and also moved the fan up today, had to drill some new holes in the process, and cleaned my intake filter as it hasnā€™t been done everā€¦ was pretty dusty. For plants im removing the TDC itā€™s just droopy one cause i over watered, but also genetically i think that the think different that was used was also coming through, as i went back and looked at my photos and yeah i shouldnā€™t have used that specific plant, as it was kidna a scraggly pheno. So in its place goes a DD ā€œshortā€ with how its growing its not gonna live up to the name, gonna take off.

As for the other DD ā€œshortā€ i had going it will be culled, sucks as it was gonna be a deep purple one with the lemon/lime leaves it had stock and the purple stems it was showingā€¦ but was just the runt of that batch.

So yeah here we go

Left side

Right Side, the Lime green color is normal, its just what they do.

THe TDC and other DD ā€œshortā€ im culling, just to get down to the space i want for the amount of plant i have,

15 Likes

Day 13/18/23

They have taken off, well at least the right side, so been adjusting them as we go. Also changed up their watering as they need more than in giving them. So in between time was reduced, will be 4 events during lights on at 5secs currently i donā€™t expect it to stay there though.

Today after some light work yesterday which they recovered from this morning.

After some adjusting

And the left side whas recovered or is on its way from the overwatering that happened, so i turned on the watering system again but its set to dispense less so, ill be watching. Also trimmed off the lower singlet and lowest node, they get removed late anyways, but figured id just do that now to get a bit more air along the top of the coco, gonna top all the pots up a little
well the ones i plant to keepā€¦

17 Likes

Day 19/24 Well they are back at it but filling out the space now. Just waiting on the younger one but hope it bolts quick like cause then i can actually do something about it.

18 Likes

Day 15/20/25

Doing well, raised the light on the right side yesterday, the smaller plant is about to take off and fill out its corner.
Still dialing in the watering but i feel decent with the settings im running, currently 6secs on which is 190ml per pump or 95ml per pot per event, and currently with them happening every 5 hrs during lights one, So lights come on and 15min later the first watering event happens then again 5hr, then 10hr, and 15 from that point,they donā€™t currently get watered before going into their night time, but thats fine as i donā€™t want to leave wet roots when its colder.

Left side though watering has been bad, ive been over watering and then just killing all watering to allow the pots to dry out which takes longer than the little ones, so iā€™m not confident in any setting i may run for it in the next bit, and they are about to take off.

Saying that the left side is getting reduced down to two plants after this post, and iā€™ll be redrilling a couple holes in the lids to allow me to center the plants and offset the pump to accommodate that. Has been my plan for a bit now, just is happening today.

16 Likes

Then there were two

16 Likes

Last 5 days with the adjustment pictures not shown

22 Likes

So both of my autos from you (dark sparks and easy D) are pregnantā€¦like REALLY pregnant lol.

Turns out leaving them unchaperoned in the sun porch with my mystery male led to some shenanigans. I honestly didnā€™t even think about it even though the thing was throwing out pollen like crazy.

Theyā€™re at about 7.5 weeks right now and looking almost done, but Iā€™m wondering if I should leave them a bit longer to ensure the seeds are ripe? These will be my first seeds ever, and should be a very interesting and unlikely cross!

14 Likes

Pictures!!!

I wanna see pictures!!! Lol

10 Likes

Iā€™ll get some tomorrow for ya. Theyā€™re really pretty plants, also the best smelling weed plants Iā€™ve ever grown. Itā€™s like grape bubblegum with a floral kinda note to it. Like no weed Iā€™ve ever smelled before!

7 Likes

Exactly why I fell on love with themā€¦ Very distinct smell and flavorā€¦ Very different from anything Iā€™ve tried!

I owe the Sparkled One a great deal of my success with his help and generosity

6 Likes

Awesome setup:). Im following your grows from start! Plants are exploding:O. Can you show us more details on your watering? Where did you buy the parts?

Peace

Hope your all blowing some clouds.

3 Likes

Hi Mr. Sparkles, really interesting stuff so far!

Iā€™ve read through a few of your journals and had a couple of questions if you donā€™t mind.

Do you light proof your awesome little cabinets? I personally always found that the hardest part of making a new grow cabinet and was wondering if you had any tricks?

Also, in your besta cabinet I saw you had some fans for circulation. Looked Ike they were adjustable on some sort of wire? Could you explain maybe how those worked and how you put them together?

It has been awesome to see what you can do in these tiny spacesā€¦ Really impressive! Thanks for sharing all the info :smile:

5 Likes