Closetgrowth's "Old School" Grow pictures!... Past and Present! :)

Evening Vernal… That air pump is a master blaster fo sho! lol It probably would inflate car tires…hahaha … Not joking. Ive always wanted to try the Dyna Gro… Sounds like easy street… I will definetely order some and give it a whirl. I have seen many excellant Hempy bucket grows in my time. So many different ways to grow quality cannabis. Stay cool brother. Chat soon. :relaxed:

5 Likes

8k_feet… Thanks for the nice words my newly acquired friend. They are rather large. Kinda hard to dispose of em too! Imagine getting rid of 8-15 mop heads!.. LOL!! The least of my problems. I will eventually start up a new grow, and you know I’ll keep ya all posted. Have a magnificient evening, and wish you a bumper crop. Bye 4 now :sunglasses:

3 Likes

ReikoX… Iam the Man with the plan!.. Wont be too much longer bro. Gonna start up some Glass Slipper, and a brand new feminized strain that is called “Passion Fruit” … Watch for updates my friend. Peace :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have it split up in a tent right next to each other I have a 600 watt hid eye hortilux side by side a 2000w bestva (pulls 390). I got them in 3 gallon canvas pots been feeding it light on the Fox Farms nutrients pH is always 5.9 never over 6.1. Been vegging for like 50 days now getting ready to flip first of the month. It’s from Nirvana I’m just running potting soil mix and just top dressed the plant a few days ago.

It looks gorgeous is huge compared to my other plants also have six Northern Light feminized seeds from Vision seeds I have no idea how far these strains are off the original. I heard Nirvana had a good Northern Lights strain. Thanks for listening bro and helping me out. I’ll post pics now and when the buds finished.

3 Likes

Baltimore, they look frickin incredible brah! Nice work!! I mean it. The Northern lights is some of the best smoke out there. You should have an ample yield. Iam impressed. Keep up the phenomenal gardening my friend. If you, or anyone out there need a little advice, or help…you know where to find me. Pat yourself on the back. Respect! :grinning:

3 Likes

Evening Jdem! :relaxed:… I LOVE Northern Lights #5! But, finding the right seeds/breeder seems to be a problem, at least for me. There are lots of different pheno’s out there. I cant remember where I bought my seeds, “The Good Ones” …been over 15 years… Hmm… I think it was from the Marc Emery’s seed collection. If I can positively recall where I got em from, Ill send you a message. Btw, I bought some Northern Lights #5 about 5 years ago, and they totally sucked. They grew well, but wasnt the bee’s knee’s like back in the day. Looked totally different too. It is what it is. Rock on my brotha’ … Good evening to you, and yours! :blush:

3 Likes

thanks! i appreciate the help. keep growing!

1 Like

Insane roots man. so clean and healthy.

2 Likes

Vernal, Forgot to ask… How much Mkp do you use? I use 1/8th of a teaspoon per gallon with excellant results. Curious. Thanks buddy.

2 Likes

Morning Budsy! Hey, Thanks for the words … Its all about the oxygen content in the root zone, a somewhat cool reservoir temp, and running ultra clean nutrients. When someone throws in all them useless additives into the equation is when you get discolored sickly roots, and a whacked out ph, and many other negative reactions. Keeping it simple(KISS) is definetely the right way to go. Took me a long time to realize this! Im very stubborn. Lots of trial and error. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey @CLOSETGROWTH! Welcome! Your C99/NL cross sounds legendary and something I would like to grow. One of my top favorites is the C99/Romberry cross my OG Brothers created. I’m one of the brothers of “advanced age” shall we say. It appears you fit right in and have an understanding of the spirit of our community. Let’s fire one up and grow some! Much love and respect and welcome to the Fam.

:cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

@CLOSETGROWTH welcome to the site. Some really cool pictures. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Just finished growing some NL and meh. Sure does make the cure jars foggy with stickiness but just nothing special. I believe what’s being sold now as NL is not what it should be.

4 Likes

Morning oleskool! Great name!!! Thanks for the warm welcome. :slight_smile: Ya, Ive grown lots and lots of different strains in my day, just like yourself, And nothing seems to surpass the power, or the potency of a Cindy plant. When they are flushed correctly, and given the time for a nice slow dry, and an extended cure,…this smoke will stand out from the rest. Im sure you will agree. Brother Grimms described this strain as “The Holy Grail” And he was absolutely correct! Everyone I know Loves this strain. Its all they ask for!.. Cant grow enough!!.. Goes way too fast around here.
Lets get together and talk about the good old days. Have a nice day Buddy!

2 Likes

Thank you very much! You have the best day possible!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello there MB! How ya doing bro?? Yah, been there done that. Was it the “Northern Lights #5” that you were growing?? If it wasnt the “5”, then thats why it was a bit on the disappointing side. I have grown many other Northern Lights strains as well, but none of them came close to the looks, effects, and taste of Northern Lights 5 … Im on the search for the “real deal”, and ill fill you in on the info. Its out there. Stay tuned. Have a great day, and a much better evening! We’ll hit the lotto yet!! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Take a look here…
https://fdmseeds.com/

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

You guys ever tried Sensi Seeds version of NL#5? I’ve grown loads from them but never managed to germ the auto NLs I bought but they have some good seeds so could be what you’re looking for?

Wow! Thanks for sharing. Great site!! :+1:

1 Like

About the same amount. It’s so high-test I could probably get away with less…

Tomatoes love the stuff too.

1 Like