Closetgrowth's "Old School" Grow pictures!... Past and Present! :)

Might need a warranty claim

2 Likes

Call em in the morning.

1 Like

Day 7 … Glass Slipper flowering

Feeding em’ ONLY 1/4 teaspoon of Jacks Bloom booster on Wednesday, and on Sunday. :wink:

Oscillating Fan is on “high” 24/7.

5 Likes

Nice. Those 50state pens are a wonderful thing.

Have you taken a good look for thrips? Seeing some signs on one of your girls there- last pic.

I’m dealing with them now. Terrible little things.

3 Likes

No thrips, … and no mites… Checked thoroughly. Maybe ill spray my girls with a small amount of dish soap, and a drop of Rosemary oil for piece of mind.

3 Likes

Done deal… sprayed em all. Ya, I spent a few minutes looking at all the leaves with a magnifier, including the Dark Devils… Nadda. But, Yah… Better being safe, than sorry.

Never had thrips, but in the heat of the summer months, I did see a few mites. eek!

I bleached all the walls, and even added a little bit of bleach in the steam cleaner before setting up shop… Should be ok.

3 Likes

Grats on th OG bro.
And YES fan on full speed, man them bitches strong AF

1 Like

Thanks Rock!.. Yes Sir you know it!! The fan must be on “steroid” mode. haha

Dont know how Im gonna juggle all of this… But, somehow I’ll manage.

The veg room is packed full of Dark Devils. The garage has got the GS mother, and the nights are getting brrrr… Cold in there as well.

I need to slow down, and think things out… haha! Getting out of control.

Decided to buy a new 400 watt hps bulb from ebay for my old school Magnetic ballast for the bean making thing. Also, I’ve decided to use colloidal silver.

Electricity bill scared me too… Kinda getting stressed out over here. Aint the first time. But, I’ve been running Lots of watts lately… gulp. :neutral_face:

I think I better focus on running Glass Slippers over here for now on, at least for a while… The one GS plant I flowered is already spoken for, and history.

Tried to convince the med patients to try something else, something new… They want no part of it. I spoiled them…

Im probably gonna run this show, and then hit the road…

Nobody wants to see the same old strain being grown over, and over, and over. :laughing:

3 Likes

9 days into flowering

5 Likes

What’s the blurple light?

1 Like

Hey Rock! Dual 48" T5 Full spectrum Led bulbs for the dwc bucket rooter/cloner…

Had to see what all the fuss is about…

Only live once. Looks cool, but spendy. 40 bones a bulb! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Friend of mine was gonna order the led replacements but changed his mind when he seen the price.
What’s you opinion on how well they work are they worth the big bucks?

2 Likes

Well, I just purchased them yesterday afternoon. My old T5’s had to be replaced, since they were about 5 years old. I seen these led replacements at a local Walmart, and decided to give em a try. I’ll post a review after running em a month or so…

Thanks for the reply, and have a great day! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hydro update:… Roots didnt get nearly as big as some of the grows I have done in the past. Its because I started out with “soil” roots, and also due to plant size, and the much smaller air pump Iam currently using. The roots will continue to grow, they will grow for another 20 days or so…

So there is truth in running a massive pump…It helps out immensely in growing a huge root mass, and a much bigger plant. Bottom line… “Dont skimp on the air”

Didnt wanna break out the enormous 200 watt “bad boy”… for a couple of dwc plants. Didnt make sense at all,… and with 7 psi it would probably rip up the root mass, if anything.

I might attempt to run a 8-15 plant dwc grow on the next run…But, not 100% sure, due to all the tap water that is required …Sigh … :neutral_face:

If I do, …You can bet that Ill be running that bad boy “air compressor!”… haha

Glass Slipper(Dwc) 10 days into flower…

7 Likes

Looking great man!! 20

1 Like

Thanks Rock :slight_smile: Ya, its all about the “Jack’s!” … :grinning::+1:

Straight up tap water… 1/4 teaspoon of Jacks hydro, 1/4 teaspoon of calcium nitrate per gallon, and thats it! (4 gallons of water per 5 gallon bucket)

No ph up or down used either…Not even once,… throughout this grow!

Their superior products are ph buffered, and refined to give the grower simplicity, and ease of operation…

Tomorrow, all my flowering girls(soil) get fed their 1/4 teaspoon bloom dose… (Sundays and Wednesday)

The dwc buckets get scrubbed out with Dawn dish washing detergent, and fresh nutes replenished as well,… But, only once a week(Sunday)…

I only add fresh tap water here and there til their nutrient rich water touches the bottom of the netpot… Cake walk.

Dont be intimidated by hydroponics folks! Simply Grab a 5 gallon bucket, and GIT-R-DONE! :wink:

Easier, and soooo much cleaner than dirt! Doubles the yield too!! :sunglasses:

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Quick question for you “Led” lighting enthusiasts out there!!:wave: :grinning:

Is it ok, or even a good idea to run led lighting(full spectrum) over rooting clones? Distance, light cycle?? … Any info is greatly appreciated.

Im brand new to led lighting, and I’d like to add this info to my hard drive, aka my brain… Thanks in advance.

:grinning::+1:

8 GS clones in a 3 gallon dwc bubbler

2 Likes

Guess no one has done the led thing to root clones? Well, I’ll have to find out for myself… Personally, I never seen anyone do it either… Hmm…

EXPERIMENT: Always wondered if a clone would root in tap water with a single drop of superthrive.

Heard you had to change out the water every few days because the oxygen level drops… Lets give it a whirl, and see what happens eh? :blush: K.I.S.S. :smile:

GS clone in water …

2 Likes

What kind of led?
Mine say keep 30"s away

1 Like

These are the 48" flo tube style… They directly replace the florescent lights in a t5 fixture. They are full spectrum, with an output of 30 watts…