COCO....What's Your Favorite Flavor?

I have been searching though the threads to find people’s thoughts on there favorite brands of Coco are and what brands to stay away from. I recently I’ve been using coco for my seedlings, mixed with part of soil. What about clones? I’ve read its best to let your clones go as far as you can root wise before you transfer into whatever grow medium. I’m interested in transferring to DWC. Any links to other threads that may help me or the next guy out would be great. (If any one’s preference for clones to hydro with rockwool cubes would like to know what one would be best, I guess we can sneak that in)

2 Likes

If you Buffer your Coco and you get rid of the smallest particles (coco pet, and sand) even the cheapest pressed one should do

1 Like

Canna pro plus for me & i start seeds and cuttings in rooting cubes.

1 Like

Hey @Pakore whats your favorite rooting cubes?

I personally have been using this one
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Expert-Gardener-Organics-2-25-Cu-Ft-Expanding-Soil-Concentrated-Potting-Mix/926142788
But I don’t have much of an opinion being as this is my first time indoors. I soaked rinsed and precharged with nutes and it seems to be doing fine as far as a medium is concerned. The plant issues I had in the first part of my run was my fault not the mediums.

1 Like

Possibly no need for coco or cubes? Some DWC guys just root clones in a turbocloner. Bare rooted clones. Then into DWC.

As for coco, I buy the best I can find. Name brand, pre-buffered, etc. Canna Bagged is one. No bricks.

3 Likes

I use a brand called mokoko because it’s what my local shop has haha. I think it’s pretty comparable to canna etc, it’s bagged prerinsed and charged.

I tried a compressed bale and it didn’t work so great for me, could have been my error but I found the preparation (soaking rinsing) to be a pain in the ass lol

You can use WAY less coco per plant size vs other mediums so a bag goes a long way and is pretty economical.

I’ve started cloning in solo cups with coco and I get the best results of anything I’ve tried…I made a thread about it here

4 Likes

I like Cyco Coco pearl. 70/30 Coco/perilite blend.

5 Likes

Looks good @joecool. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Anything bricked. I find Canna is a bit fluffier and has less pith, but functionally they doesn’t seem to be much different. Canna bricks hydrate a little faster since there is a hole in the center, and you can hydrate in the bag they come in, which is convenient. I mix mine with at least 50% perlite so I don’t notice minor differences. Bagged coco is more expensive.

2 Likes

MYCO+ …anyone ever use it?

I've read some reviews on Clone X reviews one the solution and they weren't that great. The Clone X gel on the other hand have great reviews, but it's not really multipurposefull. 
 People prefer it to Great White

Lemme know what you think.

2 Likes

I cut mine into my soil so a brick of Canna works great for me - and it really lasts. Hydrating is a bit of work so I see why some folks might go the ‘pre-fluffed’ route.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Used Coco-Loco this run and in the near future since it’s all I could get on one of my weekly trips for provisions. Little moist and hot out of the bag. Cut it down with 25% happy frog and that helped balance it out for youngins.

2 Likes

I used it in coco grows for about a year, works great.

2 Likes