Cogitech's Conservatory

Hello all! I’ve been around here for a little while and been enjoying this community very much, especially the grow diaries.

I’m starting my next grow now and decided to keep a grow diary here to share with the rest of you.

The following seeds have already popped and are in Jiffy pucks:

CBDream (1 fem) (Crop King Seeds)
Pineapple Express (2 reg) (unknown breeder - purchased from seedking.ca (not CKS))
CBDream x Critical Kush F1 (4 reg) (my own cross - first time running it)
Northernberry (2 reg) (PeakSeedsBC)
Cali-O x ((Durban Thai High Flyer x C99) x Durban) (2 reg) (thanks @Cobra50 !)

No pics yet. Updates to follow… :seedling:

23 Likes

Perhaps a bit about my conservatory.

It’s a 20"x36"x5’ Vivosun tent, with a 6" carbon filter pulled by an inline duct fan exhausting at the top. I can run passive or active intake depending on ambient temp. One small clamp fan to circulate inside air.

Light is a “450w” Meizhi blurple - pulls about 200w from the wall. I’ve had good success with this light, but I have most of the parts to build a 5x Citizen CLU048-1212 (3500k 90 CRI) COB light and I hope to assemble it and use it when I switch this grow to flower.

Soil is a “super soil” I build based on a common recipe of ProMix HP, perlite, EWC, dolomite lime. It goes in 3-gallon smart pots (fabric).

Nutes are “GO Box” from General Organics. Extremely simple and effective in my experience.

Water is tap water - let sit for at least 24 hours before application.

13 Likes

Beautiful.

Let’s get this show on the road.

:blue_car: :eye: :candy:

3 Likes

I’ll just :eye::eye: and enjoy the show :popcorn:

3 Likes

Pics or it is not happening :grin:

5 Likes

Try refrigerating your water. It lowers the saturation point of water, causing many impurities to fall out of suspension. This should clean up you water even more. When I was in my teenage years, the house we lived in had horrible water. Just the smell of it coming out of the tap was sick making. We ended up filling a gallon jug and putting it in the refrigerator.12 hours later, we could see all the minerals, etc. covering the bottom of the jug. As long as we poured it carefully, it was actually pleasant tasting (at least relative to normal). I wish I had water measurement capability back then because right now, I am curious about how much the water cleaned up from this.

Looking forward to watching your grow show. :smiley:

3 Likes

OK. Sorry for the white balance issue. Normally if I am doing quick shots with my phone I shoot through my green glasses to balance the colour, but I didn’t have time to look for them, so…

http://home.cogitech.ca/gallery/i.php?/upload/2018/09/26/20180926065248-a361ac95-la.jpg

A few of them are pushing through:

6 Likes

White Widow from my last grow:

13 Likes

Some more progress!

7 Likes

Transplanted them into SOLOs yesterday.

6 Likes

The family seems happy so far. :slight_smile::seedling:

6 Likes

:seat: :popcorn: :eye: :seedling:

3 Likes

This morning’s photo, with labels added. I watered them after the photo, as I had let them dry out slightly over the past few days. I’m pretty happy with their progress so far.

7 Likes

Starting to thrive! When they dry out a bit again I’ll hit them with some GO Diamond Black.

4 Likes

As you can see, the CBDream (refer to labels in earlier photo) is “sucking the hind tit”. Not a lot of vigour in that one.

The CBDream x CK are doing really well, however! The anticipation of getting some high CBD buds out of those is getting me excited!

And look at those fat leaves on the Northernberries. By far the most indica-dominant in this tent.

3 Likes

This morning’s pic:

They just got a lighting upgrade (addition of 5 Citizen 3500k COBs at 36w each). My camera phone can’t quite figure out the white balance. Plants are happy, though.

6 Likes

The fam is loving the COBlurple so far! CBDream got past its rough spot, apparently. One of the Northernberries is looking a little grumpy. Probably a female. :grin:

Not bad growth since 3 days ago. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

:rolling_eyes: say what? :grin:

1 Like

Yeah gotta be careful with them temperamental bitches…have you doing everything to make them as happy as a fat cat sitting on a pile of cheese for very little output yet men continue to flock around - better be some good shit if thats the case :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Love your reply @MomOnTheRun

2 Likes