Cola does micro. (Only the rigging of DIY)

Right then. Not a participant in the usual overgrow shenanigans that’s asked me to do this. It’s a mates Mrs that wants it for no more than novelty value :rofl:.

@Hoodini this is what I was telling you about yesterday bro

26 Likes

I like that mini rig bro, neat job :thumbsup:

3 Likes

That’s mint …

3 Likes

Cheers guys. It will grow bud too

3 Likes

Reminds me of one of Spectrum Kings Mother’s Little Helper light. :+1: :bulb:

3 Likes

Never even seen them until I read your post. These can only be driven at 50ish watts a piece max. This one is only 20w. Still need to power the 12v fan too as the heatsink is for the little led driver as well as the cob.

That’s a 445-465 nm supplemental light you see here. Will be selling these on. Running at 50w a piece. I’m hoping they do well to increase trichome production. In a similar fashion to CMH (anecdotal don’t shoot me :sweat_smile:)

10 Likes

Will they be solo cobs pre built to order?? 4 of these one in each corner of a grow tent or closet would work wonders. Ffs you need to stop with all these builds or I’m gonna die skint :rofl:

5 Likes

Yeah they will my brother. And would work well as a supplemental light next to your strip rig without you needing another strip rig :wink: that’s the idea though. You can add as many as and when necessary

6 Likes

It looks like I wish mine would look lol, professional with an added colanoscopy flair eh? I’m gonna start saving up for the proper tools for the job, so I can eventually drop the “ghetto” from my grow lights hahahah​:+1: I don’t think I’ll ever get it as perfect as you do but ill try. . . Looks great @anon58740919 bravo​:clap::clap::clap:

5 Likes

Go large or go home eh? :rofl: I’ll order 2 a month maybe if you decide to move forward with them after testing mate. I’ve a feeling the vet is gonna hand me a rather large surprise tomorrow so this month is a no go. Keep us informed on the performance they give :+1:

3 Likes

That’s the one bro and all nicely contained in a single unit. I’m hoping to use osram drivers too if I can find a decent priced supplier for the blues which will give me a 50.4w output.

Also some cree cxa3070 90w’ers in the pipeline too

2 Likes

The first 4 royal blues that people purchase I will do at cost ish plus shipping. So the first 4 can go for ÂŁ50 a piece. After that it will be ÂŁ80 plus shipping. But that way can get an idea of how well they perform

2 Likes

36volts right? 50w. . . =1.39ish amps
X 18 hours of running time = 25amphour @36v
X the Hoodini law = 50 amp hours @36v
I don’t think they make a 36v / 50ah battery
You would be better off with 3/12v - 45ah batteries (runs about 50$usd each) ran in a series to make your 36v

2 Likes

Have you thought about doing some Far Red 730nm units? These are proven to increase photosynthesis and flower onset. We have these state side.

5 Likes

That’s a deal and a half. I’ll see what I can work out for the end of this week mate. I’m not promising I’ll have the test builds from you but I’m definitely interested and will have a few when my pocket feels a bit heavier. Even if I just take 2 off your hands as my original build idea was for 600w. 2 alongside our solstrip build would give me what I was looking for :+1:

1 Like

Look back at the PM’s yesterday bro you’ll see the 3 x 12v 45ah batteries that could be series linked for about £100. These can be sold as plug in units or it’s a start to the solar at least this end.

@ReikoX I’ve definitely thought about the far red too. The blues increasing trichome production is my own theory really just because of the noted increase people are seeing from the greater amounts of “blue” in CMH. I understand there is no uv available in LED really at the moment. And Mrs colas UV gel nail polish cures at 455nm so it’s gotta be close? One way to find out right bro.

I’ll also be doing standard CCT “cola cubes” like 2700 3000 3500 4000k

2 Likes

I’m thinking more as a 1 day backup to help cure hermie-itis :joy:

1 Like

If the battery was maintained via panels etc then is there a reason it wouldn’t run constantly. I know Jack about solar bro

1 Like

No problem but the amount of solar panels needed is going to have to be twice the amount of wattage at 36v so tack on about another 150 bucks and if it’s a cloudy for more than a day don’t be surprised if the batteries die unless you run triple the amount of wattage with the uv panels, but it’s still do able for about 500 bucks, but your only running 1 50w cob microgrow, so it’s a 50/50 toss up kind of thing

2 Likes

In all fairness brother come the time. Message me. I’d still be able to make a wiring harness to series link the cobs. Reducing the number of components necessary per unit and thus reducing cost. using a hlg 185h c1050a or b driver you’d get a range of about 50-200w over the 4 cobs with one driver. Just a thought if people want multiples. The singles will do to Chuck in the likes of an 80 x80 alongside another light

1 Like