Cola’s starting from scratch garden

Funny you should say that about primitive man worshipping it. Got a mate from Yorkshire wanting to come see it In action :joy:

Cheers bro it’s definitely getting there. Looks to be 4 strips short of being ideal though now I seen it built lol

2 Likes

It’s still gonna surprise you. Hope you got some good shades (sunglasses) lol.

Could this have something to do with the sonoff being mounted in a metal box surrounded by drivers? :wink:

3 Likes

It’s the aesthetics bro lol. That middle strip looks bare. And it would be. Except it’s an abs plastic box with a metal mounting plate bro. Maybe the aluminium based insulation though. That could be a thing ha

You’ve basically turned your shed into a faraday cage … lol. Surprised you get any cellular service in there!

3 Likes

Saves wearing a tin foil hat :tophat: bro

2 Likes

If you took it outside and pointed it upwards you could blind the blokes in the space station :grin:

2 Likes

With all those little fans you must have a constant buzzing…
Soft and passive is more than personality :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There’s a reason I paid a bit more for Arctic pwm controlled fans and a fan speed controller. My entire frame is pretty much aluminium too so the entire thing will dissipate heat. I’ll run a few tests but I’m quite sure I could run passive. Come summertime though those fans will be a blessing

2 Likes

Yeh but he’s a shed grower so probably not a big deal. It might run cool enough for passive anyway at lower output eh.

2 Likes

You’re on it and my purchase of a quantum meter should mean I can sit closer to the canopy. Dim my lights and still have as much efficiency without worrying if I’ll burn my plants up

1 Like

Draw from the wall with cobs and strips cranked right up. (This is with no fans running) I knew I was making a beast but Jesus Christ.

On another note 2 ssdd have broken soil. Ones up with cotyledons out another is not too far behind. Just have to hope the 3rd joins them and I’m actually growing something rather than pissing about with electrics. That’s why we’re all here after all

3 Likes

With that much power you could damn near static mount your light lol.

Congrats on the build bro!

2 Likes

More power than the national grid haha :joy:. There’s no point running that much power unless it’s needed bro but nice to know I’ve got it lol

Nice one bro and we got beans up so we are definitely about to overgrow the shed

2 Likes

The sonoff seems to be more bother than its worth. After buying a WiFi extender. Managing to get everything to connect. And even hearing the buttons click the relays. Opened it up and set the switches as per the instructions. The one thing I can’t get my head around is the wiring. (I actually built a relay based on an inkbird a while ago so they’re not new territory and that’s still doing it’s thing over a year on in a mates grow room) but if you have a look on their website is probably the poorest excuse of a wiring diagram you’ve seen

3 Likes

Is it the Sonoff 4CH Pro module you got there bro? if so looks pretty straight forward, whats got you stuck?

1 Like

4ch pro rev2. The 4ch pro does look simple. And there’s plenty to reference on YouTube etc but there’s nothing about the Rev 2 really other than their schematic and as I said it’s not great. Not too sure what they’re depicting with the neutral wire bro.

Yeh it’s a common neutral like a rail i’m looking at. The device needs a neutral and then it junctions to go off to each lamp or whatever you have connected to it. Ok the wiring looks the same. You got 4 relays, each device has it’s positive fed connected to it’s own particular relay using the connection marked COM (the middle terminal) and then when the relay closes it powers up the NO (normally open) terminal on that relay which should then feed the device. All neutrals are common (connected together) I could connect one up no prob but programing the swine would likely drive me bonkers :grin:

2 Likes

So are you saying I need to split a neutral 4 ways in a junction to get it to function properly? Sorry if I sound daft here. The programming side won’t be too much of a challenge. The software is simple enough of a format. Never used anything on a rail before all the relays I’ve used have literally stayed L N E so you may see why this is gonna growing me a bit lol. Appreciate the help bro

Yeh man you got it, all neutrals are connected together at source (common) It’s just the lives that are individual as they go through the units relays and off to each lamp.

Still not grasping this entirely. But getting there I think. I’ll have another crack at it tomorrow I’ve got terminal blocks to hand anyway but I will probably request your assistance again bro lol

I did say previous I still get stuck on daft shit but if you don’t know you don’t know

1 Like