Cola’s starting from scratch garden

Hey no prob, i’ll be about anyway and glad to help. It is actually pretty straight forward and you will kick yourself when you get it. Can you do your own wee diagram and post it tomorrow. I’ll look over it for you and keep you on the right track dude.

3 Likes

Absolute legend bro and I probably will. Painter and decorator by trade so the most I seen electrics outside of a grow room was dropping off switches and sockets to cut in lol. Gonna get my head down but I’ll draw you a schematic up tomorrow. Was kinda already thinking of doing that and posting up to see what you said lol

1 Like

Electrical/mechanical engineer to trade mate, hate decorating though :grinning: In a bit dude!

1 Like

Maybe you’ll have a job for me in the next few years bro lol. I’ve just started my Ba Hons. By just started I mean all my textbooks and shit arrived yesterday.
I’ll have a go at that diagram for you once I’ve dealt with being a grown up first :joy:

2 Likes

Tried what @Albannach suggested with the sonoff wiring. Split the neutral 4 ways in a junction. Plus an ac in to the sonoff.

Neutral wires from corresponding drivers to the junction. And all live wires to each COM on the sonoff. Earthed to a bolt. But still nothing. I would take a picture but it’s messy and you won’t see so I’ll draw it up now neat. I’m guessing the sonoff can’t handle pushing that much of a load as the relay switches and you can see the led stating that it should be on. But it’s a no go

the relays are just switches, so you need live into C (common) and a live from NO (normally open) to your driver/s and the neutral to the drivers. so when the sonoff swithches on a relay ( closes NO) it makes the connection in your live wire.

The Live is not outputting from the sonoff just being switched at each relay.

1 Like

That makes far more sense. I will try that. And as a last resort I have 3 ordinary light switches but I’m determined to figure this sonoff. Much appreciated for the help @Pedro_Bann @Albannach

1 Like

I’m hoping you understand this shit drawing.

2 Likes

So let me just clear this last bit up. The input to the sonoff literally just runs the sonoff and doesn’t facilitate a live connection to the relays? I have to split the live to a junction like the neutral and into the sonoff? As the neutral goes to the drivers?

1 Like

That’s what it looks like to me.
here is what looks like an advertising .gif

they are using the same live that powers the sonoff which makes perfect sense

1 Like

A live into the junction from the ac. 1 out to the sonoff and 1 out to each driver one the relay. (I know I only need to use 3 at the minute but may aswell have it ready to take a 4th device if I can) cheers bro

1 Like

is the sonoff relay connectors too small to do the same ( as you have done here ) directly in the common ports?

1 Like

I think so. It’s fiddly enough pushing the one in mate. I will definitely try though

1 Like

if its fiddley with one I wouldnt worry about it
just go with your setup in a junction box

1 Like

Everything is mounted in an electrical distribution box bro. Think I might bring it in the house later and sit in a meditation position whilst I do the wiring. I’m gonna need some zen lol. At the minute I’ve got my son smacking my knee with a roll of insulation tape ha

1 Like

yeh I know the feeling, good luck with it bro.

1 Like

I’ve been following this build, looks really good, hope to do something like this myself some day.

This is another way the Line can be split, I like to overlap the ends so the 2 screws just clamp the wires together rather than the current flowing through the choc blocks. As it’s a fixed install you can use solid core wire and pre bend it to shape.

2 Likes

Sounds like you got it bro. You going to use the 4th relay for your extractor fan then?

1 Like

Glad to be of some inspiration bro and there’s plenty of people that will help if you get stuck. Me included where I can. That’s a nice tidy idea for the wiring I like that. I like that you have gone to the effort to mock it up too bro

2 Likes

Mine comes tomorrow, but I did get the TH16 and hooked it up to power and WiFi.

2 Likes