Cola’s starting from scratch garden

Way better! :thumbsup: :camera_with_flash:

2 Likes

Do you think I should make a purely build thread? The next light even though only a cob is going to be nicely housed etc rather than framed. New territory but the idea is well ingrained in my mind as to how it will be

5 Likes

Sounds good plus it keeps this thread clear for your from scratch garden build eh.

btw your phone takes better pics than my camera.

2 Likes

Well I have an AutoCAD class in an hour. Once I’m home and baked I’ll get something​ started

2 Likes

I googled best smartphone camera 2018. This was top of the list. Looking forward to first frost looking at that little hairy stem

1 Like

Wot is the make of that led light and could it be used for veg and flower?

1 Like

There is no make to it. I’ve built it myself from parts sourced. You want something like that. not tryna boast but I’m probably your best bet. the price tag is heavy on that light though with more coming to be added.

1 Like

Could it be used for veg and flower stages and wot sort of price would I be looking at? I am growing auto’s again on my next grow woukd it be OK for them

1 Like

Yes and set via wifi. The strips are 5000k 120w (at the minute. I’m adding more to that. Ordered 6 strips yesterday to give you a perspective of how much this was £180 for 6 strips and I’ll have to pay duty when they land. (Lower than it should be thanks to @baudelaire) I’ve got easy over a grand in this light.

And yes it would be good for autos

2 Likes

Wot do u mean set via WiFi?

I mean I set timers etc from my phone. Can switch on and off remotely. And using a th10a in conjunction you could even set a scene so if it gets too hot one section of the lights goes out etc.

3 Likes

Is the schedule stored in your phone, then your phone controls the sonoff? so if your phone is off or there is no wifi signal then it can’t switch your lights? Or does the phone program the sonoff so if there is no signal the sonoff still controls the lights because it has the program stored?

I’ve got a TH16 coming next week to monitor the temperature and humidity. It would also be nice to use it to switch the lights but my wifi out to my shed isn’t reliable that reliable.

1 Like

The schedule is stored in sonoffs servers I would guess. Once it’s set. it’s set whether you are connected or not. all your timers and scenes should do their thing bro

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that the settings are programmed into the units when you change them. They should work regardless of Wi-Fi but you would loose remote access. I’ll be playing more with mine this week.

3 Likes

Hi @FlippyNips The sonoff schedules are stored on the devices and they also have a wake state so if power goes off when it comes back on it just carries on from where it was.
Re shed wifi I had the same issue but daisy chained some of these, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KRDIEBW/ I get full blown wifi in my shed which is a way from the house
I use a TH16 to switch a humidifier and a Handy Heater, based on max min temps and RH%age range
it works a dream, if you want to switch your lights, depending on the ballast or driver you may be better buying a sonoff S20 switchable plug and running a contactor off it. I use one to run a 2KW heater on a timer to half keep my shed warm during the beautiful winter months

@anon58740919 I love your build mate, and well impressed with the pixels pics, shame the phone is so expensive :slight_smile:

5 Likes

72 bee friendly odour destroyers going outside my shed. (Lavender)

6 Likes

There you go, attract those beneficial insects and the bad ones won’t be able to get a foot hold. Not to mention the smell will help mask any stray odor.

3 Likes

My houses garden is a starting from scratch project too bro. we moved in October. Definitely be introducing beneficials to my garden. It’s absolutely shitty alkaline clay soil

2 Likes

Just leave this here

7 Likes

Many pictures for you lovely folks. Absolute minimum with just strips was 25w and absolute max with both is 520ish watts. The strips are set to 120w when the cobs are pushed up for the 400+ that’s not actual max I just don’t wanna burn anything else haha. Sonoff just as an on off switch is working im yet to set timers. Now it’s looking like progress

10 Likes